Repairs for P4 from Canada
646 6 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RocMon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84357 ft
Canada

Can I get an RMA for Canada without staying on phone hold for another hour?
I call this morning and the friendly man walked me through the process of getting my P4 repaired;

1. Go to website
2. Select On-line repair
3. Complete the web form with my account info
4. RMA initiated and i will get a post paid label to ship the drone for repair
5. I will receive a written estimate and assessment of the damage and get to decide if I wish to proceed with repairs

I asked if this process worked for Canada and was told yes, anywhere in North America.... HOWEVER when I tried to follow the process outlined I am told Canada requires a manual process.

I cannot find said process... so now I'm on hold again.

Help - is there an easier way to get to RMA?
2017-4-5
Use props
fans2347ab5e
New

Canada

I just bought a Phantom 4 from Bestbuy online. Got it a month ago. Opened it yesterday. Battery DOA.
Not seeing any help on this web site I'm afraid. And Bestbuy doesn't warranty it, they say talk to DJI.

2017-4-5
Use props
fans2347ab5e
New

Canada

fans2347ab5e Posted at 2017-4-5 14:18
I just bought a Phantom 4 from Bestbuy online. Got it a month ago. Opened it yesterday. Battery DOA.
Not seeing any help on this web site I'm afraid. And Bestbuy doesn't warranty it, they say talk to DJI.

Bestbuy will not provide any exchange on DJI products, because DJI will not take them back. They have a little sentence on the product page saying they won't exchange it if the box is opened.
Its the same terms for the battery.

The net result is, having just put down your $1000 for a new drone, and having it arrive with battery DOA, now you have to lay down another $225 to get a new battery, in effect betting that you will be more lucky this time and the thing will work. Because if it doesn't, well then, up yours buddy. Try again, and again, till you get a good one.
Unbelievable in a consumer product sold at a big box store.
I understand the difficulties of a startup company, but this is ridiculous. Its a textbook case. It will be interesting to see if DJI survives.

2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You can also email support.us@dji.com, and they can help you set up an RMA from there. Unfortunately the process to initiate a repair option via the DJI Website has incurred some issues with Canadian customers, so getting a RMA via email or by phone are the only options until the former gets sorted.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans2347ab5e Posted at 2017-4-5 14:18

If you email support.us@dji.com, you can get a RMA to have the battery sent in to be replaced. They would be able to help with shipping as well.
2017-4-5
Use props
RocMon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84357 ft
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-5 17:09
You can also email , and they can help you set up an RMA from there. Unfortunately the process to initiate a repair option via the DJI Website has incurred some issues with Canadian customers, so getting a RMA via email or by phone are the only options until the former gets sorted.

I followed up using that email and promptly received instructions on getting RMA started! thx for helping!
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RocMon Posted at 2017-4-6 07:07
I followed up using that email and promptly received instructions on getting RMA started! thx for helping!

No problem! Good to hear you're getting sorted.
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules