Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Reporting extrapolated AGL altitude through Here maps in GO app?
576 2 2017-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Hi all.

I realize that this would have to be done as "extrapolated and estimated" - but would it not be cool if DJI added such a metric to the GO app, where you would have "some idea" of an estimated AGL based on GPS and what the maps say about ground altitude at the given spot?

I was flying in a mountain area, where my altitude, as relative to take off point, was nearing 1000ft, yet i think i was no higher than 200ft AGL; bu, it would be nice to have that data readily available.
Also VERY IMPORTANT to realize it's an estimate, and may be way off - so no idiot sues DJI for crashing based on that number....

Thoughts?

2017-4-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's not going to work because Here Maps have no altitude information like Google Earth does.
Use your eyes just like the pilot of a Cessna would to determine whether you are going to flyinto a mountain or not.
2017-4-6
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I did, but i figured it would be a nice improvement to the app.. really? Here maps have no topo data? weird!
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules