Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
S1000 with A3 Arming Question
2678 7 2017-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
redline870
lvl.1
United States

I am just getting my S1000+ together and have a couple questions. When the A3 is armed, should 1 motor start at a time? Also, I am using a Taranis X9D Plus for control. With Inspire 1, when I arm it, I have to push the sticks down and towards the center. With this, I have to push down and out towards the sides. Do I need to reverse the yaw and roll channels?, or is it supposed to be this way? See video below to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

When using DJI Assistant 2, it would be nice if under the "Remote Controller" tab, they put something like "R"-"L" for roll and "U"-"D" for elevator to make sure the direction you're moving the stick corresponds correctly in assistant. Since there is nothing of the sort, it's a guessing game.

2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The method you used to arm the motors, along with the down-in position is the normal way to arm the motors, you don't need to reverse the channels. Regarding the motors, you may want to up the idle speed of the motor by 10 or so and that should make them all arm at once.
2017-4-6
Use props
BuffaloJustin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152060 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-6 15:35
The method you used to arm the motors, along with the down-in position is the normal way to arm the motors, you don't need to reverse the channels. Regarding the motors, you may want to up the idle speed of the motor by 10 or so and that should make them all arm at once.

Are you kidding me? You work for DJI?!

The sequential motor arming is normal and was implemented by DJI, for whatever reason, in A3 firmware v1.7. Same behavior for N3. Motor idle setting is irrelevant.

2017-4-6
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.4

Germany

Probably you have installed the wrong assistant_2 or you have installed two versions simultaneously. That makes problems. Before you make your settings perform a factory reset (dashboard, restore). Furthermore I think that you have to reverse a few channels. Using Graupner GR16 (and an S-Bus converter) I had to reverse two channels.
Best regards,
Wilhelm
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is normal and how the startup now works on the a3 . Sorry about the confusion.
2017-4-7
Use props
redline870
lvl.1
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2017-4-7 06:12
This is normal and how the startup now works on the a3 . Sorry about the confusion.

Thank you for the responses everyone. So just to clarify: The motors should start individually, from 1-8, in a sequence like that? AND the arming method, both sticks out and down is the correct movement to arm it?
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

redline870 Posted at 2017-4-7 10:16
Thank you for the responses everyone. So just to clarify: The motors should start individually, from 1-8, in a sequence like that? AND the arming method, both sticks out and down is the correct movement to arm it?

Yes motors start 1 at a time.. Does the copter arms with downward in as well?

Just like with most FC configurations stick movements in the assistant should operate like this.

Throttle up = moves slider right
Yaw & roll = Right is right, left is left.
Pitch = Back is left, forward is right
2017-4-10
Use props
redline870
lvl.1
United States

Yeah I figured it out. I went with the typical FrSky channel assignment of ch1-aileron, ch2-elevator, ch3-throttle, ch4-rudder. When I was running a pre-maiden check I realized it, and changed the channel assignments. Took it out for it's first flight and it went great, flew very well. I put the landing gear on a switch vs using the intelligent setting because I was worried if it malfunctioned and didn't lower, I wouldn't be able to land it.
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules