P4 USB Cable
2533 10 2017-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
United States

I am looking to get some spare USB cables for my P4 Controller.

I recently forgot the original one and used one i had to spare, but had constant video disconnecting issues, so i assume the USB must be a certain type/rating.

I looked on DJI and can't see any.

Could someone point me in the right direction to but some online somewhere, i just want to make sure i am getting the proper ones.

Thanks.

2017-4-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cables should be electrically rated similar. It's all just a matter of quality. The connector wires in cheaper cables can start to fray if the cables have a history of being yanked. Look for a decent brand with reasonable bracing at the plug connection.
[edit] Also suggestion you go for short cables, so that there's less resistance.
2017-4-6
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Most of the cheap USB cables have no shielding so can give off or absorb radio interference, given that it plugs in just under the radio antennas it is worth getting a decent brand name one, although that doesn't guarantee a good one either.

Also best to keep it reasonably short, although having it the same length as the antenna or a multiple of might be a mistake.
2017-4-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-4-6 23:32
... Also best to keep it reasonably short, although having it the same length as the antenna or a multiple of might be a mistake.

Yep - same issue as with speaker cable for a home theatre...
2017-4-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha FuZZyPiLOT,

Try this one.  $5.50 @ B&H

StarTech USB 2.0 Type-A Male to Left-Angle Micro-USB Male Cable (1')

Or

Scosche FlatOut LED USB 2.0 Type-A Male to Reversible Micro-USB Cable (10", White) for $10

I have each one and they work like champs.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-8
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347677 ft
United States

I'll add that Anker makes quality cables as well.

They have many types available, but I have the USB to MicroUSB I use between my nVidia Shield and controller.

It's https://www.anker.com/products/A8131012
2017-4-9
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
United States

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.
2017-4-11
Use props
jmos
lvl.1

Australia

Commodon Posted at 2017-4-9 06:18
I'll add that Anker makes quality cables as well.

They have many types available, but I have the USB to MicroUSB I use between my nVidia Shield and controller.

Hi, I've been a fan of Anker cables for a while now but we seem to lose connection between our Ipad 4 mini and P4 Pro, once we switch back to the original cable no more problems?

I think its a better quality cable but for some reason the P4 Pro setup doesn't like it?

John
2017-9-7
Use props
fans1597a689
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2987507 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Having same issue. Bought anker short cable expecting quality but it keeps having problem with ipad mini 4. Strange that with iphone SE it works well. Go figures.
2018-1-11
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Recently had problems connecting my P4 to assistant eventually sorted but out of 6 cables I had lying about only 2 worked in terms of uploading data.
2018-1-11
Use props
jkw
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i’m not sure if your android or apple  i’m apple  ipad and the only cable that works is a genuine apple cable  it’s much to long but it works , other cables none genuine apple have always given me connection issues
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules