INSPIRE 2 INITIAL ACTIVATION ISSUES
540 1 2017-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I2Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173907 ft
United Kingdom

My new Inspire 2 arrived yesterday. Following exactly the DJI activation process I had the following issues.

The firmware update went as expected until I connected the X5S. I was prompted by the DJI Go 4 App to update the camera which I did but unfortunately the update process stalled at around 80% (for approximately 20 minutes). At this point I had no choice but to abort the update by powering down all the kit. On re-powering there were no error messages but also no indication that the firmware update was successful.

The X5S gimbal was noisier than I expected. A whirring noise could be heard when stationary and more concerning the live image as seen via the app appeared to ‘twitch’ every 5 seconds or so.

With the Inspire 2 and X5S attached and sitting on a table with props not attached the system seems to operate correctly for approximately 15 minutes by which time the case of the Inspire 2 (at the front) feels very hot. It is at this point the DJI Go 4 app live feed from the X5S goes monochrome and freezes with a message stating ‘Image Transmission Signal Lost’. Also at this point I get an ’IMU Error’ and ‘1No.ESC Error.

As I’m sure you can appreciate I am very concerned as this is my first experience of the Inspire 2 and X5S straight out of the box! Any advice and other experiences similar to this would be very much appreciated! Also is an ‘AIR ENCODER ERROR 0x1100000’ error message normal when a gimbal is not attached?

2017-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please check your current firmware version from DJI GO 4 app?
Have you tried to do the IMU calibration?
And what mobile device you are using?
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules