Inspire 2 - Focus Hand Wheel (Do Not Buy Yet!)
2926 4 2017-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaa28c60a
lvl.1

Canada

Hello all,
With very little info on it I took the risk of purchasing the DJI Focus wheel for the Inspire 2 X5S. After testing it out I can conclude it is completely useless for any real world shooting. The problem is there is no end point calibration. Take a look and see how close the focus marks are together (impossible to use). There is no way to calibrate to expand the whole 360 turn radius from infinity to 8 feet for example which would be practical for shooting with the Inspire 2.

DJI Moderators: Is this a known problem and better yet, when will this be fixed? Not one of our Film and TV series clients will allow us to use the Inspire 2 on set until we can pull focus properly with it.

Here is a video to showing why it's impossible to use:

2017-4-7
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

The cost was going to be the limiting factor for me but glad to know this information as well.
2017-4-9
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Did you Calibrate the Lens?
Did you try to Calibrate the Handwheel as stated on Page 5 of the Manual?
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ide_en_20160806.pdf
2017-4-9
Use props
LAITHAUS
New
Sweden

I think this is such BS. a software update should give a solution for this. Why on earth would you need to focus at a macro level with a drone and then turning the nob 1 milimeter to go from 5 meters to infinity focus. Makes me so angry. This handwheel is unusable. They should not sell it for drone users. I feel ripped off. Really BAD dji.
2017-7-29
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

You need to calibrate the lens first and then read the instructions that came with the follow focus unit.  Mine works great with all of my lenses and I know several other operators that love the thing.

Wayne Mann
www.HeliCamhighdefmedia.com
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules