Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Carnival
652 14 2017-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

New video up

Shot with Z3 from 300 yards away. (I don't fly over people!!)
Comments welcome

2017-4-7
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Nice video ,  colors really pop , next time you are their get an elephant ear for me and a corn dog !!

Yum

donnie
2017-4-8
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-8 06:38
Nice video ,  colors really pop , next time you are their get an elephant ear for me and a corn dog !!

Yum

Yea, I am quite Impressed with the Z3!
Most of the stills I shot were un-useable b/c of long shutter time and bird was moving. It was very windy and I was surprised that the video came out as sharp as it did.
I watched it on my 1080dpi smart TV and was amazed at some of the details that I never saw on computer screen.

What, no deep fried bacon or Twinkies?
2017-4-8
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work my friend! I enjoyed your video and thank you for sharing it with us..

Never eat before  going     Like I was there and didn't even get sick to my stomach from all of the rides

Some great views the zoom worked very well
You need to get the corndogs for me!
All the best
Rich

2017-4-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Awesome job! Thanks for sharing.
2017-4-8
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-8 11:02
Nice work my friend! I enjoyed your video and thank you for sharing it with us..

Never eat before  going     Like I was there and didn't even get sick to my stomach from all of the rides

Thanks!
Zoom works very well. Nice and smooth. Trick is to stop a few times along the progression because it refocuses every time you stop.
I tried one of those Olympus 14-42 jobs on my X5 once and it sucked. I was surprised to see Olympus' name on such a cheesy product. I unloaded it on ebay 2 days after I got it.
I actually did no visit the carnival. In fact I'm relatively sure they never even knew I was there. I came in the back way and parked on the other side of an empty field. Didn't have to get very close at all with the zoom.
Stuff that goes round and round nauseates me. I am an old school wooden roller coaster junkie.
2017-4-8
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-8 11:44
Awesome job! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Jamie!
A suggestion to pass along to the developers. It would be awesome if tapping the wide or tele icons on the screen made it advance all the way to that point without having to hold your finger on them so long. Kind of like the way the MF Macro / infinity icons work when using the X5.
2017-4-8
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-4-8 19:43
Thanks!
Zoom works very well. Nice and smooth. Trick is to stop a few times along the progression because it refocuses every time you stop.
I tried one of those Olympus 14-42 jobs on my X5 once and it sucked. I was surprised to see Olympus' name on such a cheesy product. I unloaded it on ebay 2 days after I got it.

I saw that you entered from the back side... just a great job getting the night colors and action

surprised the Oly was not up to the usual quality ...

Rich
2017-4-8
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-8 20:16
I saw that you entered from the back side... just a great job getting the night colors and action

surprised the Oly was not up to the usual quality ...

Thanks! I am very happy with that Z3. There was no color correction in post. That's straight outta the can.
I usually try to be anonymous when flying as I don't care for an audience.
Drone haters, dumb questions = defocus and diversion.
I was setting up this morning on a shoot and a woman happened by, her question was, "Gee, is that a drone? Does it have a camera, or what's the point?" My reply was simply, yes.
Usually they ask how much did it cost. My stock answer is "Too much".

The Oly was a bad fit to the X5 and likely part of it's problem was incompatibility.
Looks like the new X5 (X5S) is wider at the lens mount. I also see they fixed the yaw axis so it's pivot is centered on the lens.
Progress.............

2017-4-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-4-9 05:33
Thanks! I am very happy with that Z3. There was no color correction in post. That's straight outta the can.

Thanks AM

As you may know I am saving up for the Inspire 2 (that's my excuse) and I am ready to step up to the X5S camera this time.  It's nice to see they have made it more compatible with other lenses.

I get people that ask a lot of questions about these flying cameras and most of the time I engage with them.  Yes, you get the big three questions... how far, how high, how much but I like to show them how FUN

Keep up the good work
Rich

2017-4-9
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I'm not rude to them, just would rather they not even be there!
I have had a few people who were very suspicious, until I landed then showed them what the pictures do look like.
A lot of people have the idea that the cameras on drones can see through windows and walls.
Guess we have sci-fi movies to thank for that misconception.
2017-4-9
Use props
Surrealplaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 908819 ft
Canada

Those night colors really pop! Nice job.
2017-4-19
Use props
Surrealplaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 908819 ft
Canada

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-4-9 05:33

I have had a few people ask about the camera, one lady asked if I was 'spying on people to get my jollies'. I felt like telling her to F-off, but instead ended up showing her the video ....just so she hopefully won't bother the next guy with a drone.
2017-4-19
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Surrealplaces Posted at 2017-4-19 21:21
I have had a few people ask about the camera, one lady asked if I was 'spying on people to get my jollies'. I felt like telling her to F-off, but instead ended up showing her the video ....just so she hopefully won't bother the next guy with a drone.

Thanks!
I have shown pictures that I just shot to a few people and they are usually surprised that they aren't x-ray vision and not peeping through windows.
Once they see they are distant wide angle shots they usually feel better. Just about everyone remarks with plenty of OOHs and AHHHs.
2017-4-20
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

nice color, good deal on not flying over people. Flying at night is not allowed as well.
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules