Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What happened to the DJI Goggles?
1925 10 2017-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrangerFX
First Officer
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Last September DJI announced their own FPV goggles. They sounded pretty cool but information was lacking at the time about the price or availability. Now seven months later there still seems to be no information about this product. Did DJI change its mind? Why announce them and then not release anything for so long?
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It's still under development and almost coming out.  Actually we have one in the office that we play with daily.
2017-4-7
Use props
GrangerFX
First Officer
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-4-7 20:09
It's still under development and almost coming out.  Actually we have one in the office that we play with daily.

Thanks for the update Thor! That's good news. I have a couple of cheapo headsets and they do make it easier and safer to fly closer to the landscape at a distance.
2017-4-8
Use props
SM-17
Captain
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

Good news thanks
2017-4-8
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

This may be a dumb question, but how does affect FAA's los rule?
2017-4-8
Use props
ProQuad
First Officer
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor...How do I get a career in your department so I too can play with items like this?
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

As previously mentioned, it's not a lost project by any means but we just don't have an exact ETA right now.
2017-4-8
Use props
Floreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

GreenHornet55 Posted at 2017-4-8 16:45
This may be a dumb question, but how does affect FAA's los rule?

If your flying commercially your supposed to have a visual observer with you during your flight anyway so as long as they can see it the pilot doesn't have to worry about it.  It always has to be within unaided visual range anyway to meet the FAA's requirements.
2017-4-9
Use props
Dimar
New

Russia

Hi! DJI-Thor. Is there a presale test party of  DJI Gogles devices ? And is the ability to buy an item ?
2017-4-14
Use props
tokenbrit
First Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-8 18:57
As previously mentioned, it's not a lost project by any means but we just don't have an exact ETA right now.

I can't help but wonder what is taking so long.  I only hope that it's not a problem with the current version of the Mavic and the goggles (when they do arrive) will only be compatible with the next Mavic.
2017-4-17
Use props
fanse6b94be4
New

United States

1 week ? 1 months ? 1 year? How is that possible that no one has a clue? What is going on over at dji? I purchased my drone specifically for these goggles.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules