Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raincast
First Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey all,

I made a tutorial/how-to video of 55 aerial cinematic movements/techniques complete with controls and some tips. I hope this can help new and intermediate drone flyers focus on the creative after learning a bit of the technical side from the 55 clips. It’s my 7th day flying the Mavic (5 of the 7 for this video) and 2nd run with Premiere Pro so feedback is highly appreciated. I’m still waiting on my ND filters so there's that.

Which ones are your favourites? Which ones do you currently use most frequently? Feel free to pause the video any time. Category timestamps are on Youtube for quicker scrubbing.

Thanks!!

2017-4-8
Use props
InspiredAviator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4948530 ft
South Africa

Hi there,

These shots are brilliant and so informative! Still going through them all so will have to save the link, look through them again and practice them all! Thank you for the "training"
2017-4-8
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

InspiredAviator Posted at 2017-4-8 09:51
Hi there,

These shots are brilliant and so informative! Still going through them all so will have to save the link, look through them again and practice them all! Thank you for the "training"

I'm glad you enjoy them! I'm sure you've already used a lot of these moves. I hope you'll start using some new ones soon!
2017-4-9
Use props
Nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have been shooting with Phantoms, Inspires, M600 and Mavic  for a while but still - your tutorial is great.  For sure I have been using a few of the moves without setting names on them . Thank you so much for your work and your sharing with us.
I assure you - your tutorial will help me develope my skills and actually become more aware of what I want to do and achive.

2017-4-10
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
2017-4-10
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Raincast,

Your shots enlighten us! In particular those with subjects being slowly revealed, promoting anticipation of the viewer.

These are what aerial footages are meant to be.

Thank you for sharing the techniques.

Henry
2017-4-10
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Nilsblix Posted at 2017-4-10 05:23
I have been shooting with Phantoms, Inspires, M600 and Mavic  for a while but still - your tutorial is great.  For sure I have been using a few of the moves without setting names on them . Thank you so much for your work and your sharing with us.
I assure you - your tutorial will help me develope my skills and actually become more aware of what I want to do and achive.

Wow, you have a ton of drones! I had to make up the names on the fly while editing the video haha. Maybe professional moviemakers have names for them?

I found that after the first day, I would walk around then find a spot to sit so I can write down which points of the landscape I want viewers to notice and what specific movements I want to do. It forces me to be a bit more creative.

Thank you so much for watching!
2017-4-10
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-10 06:56
Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for checking it out! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
2017-4-10
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2017-4-10 07:52
Hi Raincast,

Your shots enlighten us! In particular those with subjects being slowly revealed, promoting anticipation of the viewer.

The reveals are some of my favorite shots here! In reality, a lot of these movements are pretty basic stuff but I think knowing when and where to use them really matters. Thanks for watching the video!
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules