Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Difference between Inspire1 and controller firmware
673 3 2017-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InspiredAviator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4948530 ft
South Africa

Good evening fellow droneers,

I had to update our companies' Inspire1 after taking it out of the box. I updated the Inspire1 itself with 100% success (SD card in the camera and .bin file method).

When I attempted the update on the controller via the DJI GO app (iOS), it showed the firmware was downloaded(normal), and then I proceeded with the update. The progress bar stayed on 0% with the controller emitting the update beep....... It stayed like that for an indefinite period, and I did not take note that the phone was running out of battery. It died, and the beeping on the controller stopped.

When I restarted everything and checked the controller, it no longer had an update available. I checked the installed firmware versions and the Inspire checked in at V1.10.x, whilst the controller checked at V1.7.x.

Does this sound remotely correct? (pun intended)

Looking forward to the feedback!

P.S. I also tried the USB method after thinking the difference in versions indicated that the update had failed. Nothing happened.
2017-4-8
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Yes , you are updated, make sure you update your batteries as well ( follow these steps if you have not )  you simply would place the SD card with the Bin file 1.10 back into  the Aircraft with a New battery that was NOT  in there when you did the original update , simply just change batteries if you need to update more than 2 . Make sure after  you are updated that you wipe that 1.10 update  file off the SD card or it will go through a FW update check each time you fire up the Aircraft. ( it is not a good idea to keep it on there regardless.)   Format the SD card so you are ready to take video or pics the next flight .

**** I do find it odd that it said 0% updated then  the battery went low  and next thing you know it is on there.  Usually it will show the update downlaoded 100% and then you are done .  Perhaps you missed the first part of the download , not sure . ,  BUT if you are on 1.7.40 you are up to date on the RC transmitter .  
Edit : The latest   for the RC is 1.7.60  ( Thanks to Mark )

donnie

2017-4-8
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Sounds good. Latest  I1 firmware is1.10.01.40 and  1.7.60 for the controller.
2017-4-8
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

After reviewing the comments from Donnie and Mark... just double check everything in the Go App and see if you are truly on the latest versions. You can always run the FW again to refresh the update if you need to.

You will need to update all of  your batteries by leaving the .bin file on the SD card and restarting the Inspire with each battery (depending on which FW version you started with).

Rich
2017-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules