Trees and roofs blurry?
1231 7 2017-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lumilan
New
United States

Hi all,

I am having a strange issue where highly detailed things like trees and shingled rooftops are coming out blury or smeared. I'm thinking that this might be an issue with the speed of my SD card, however I'm not entirely sure if that's it or not. The SD card I'm using is a PNY Elite 128GB. I have attached a still from a video that shows what I'm taking about. You'll notice that the water is perfectly clear, but the buildings and trees are blurred. And before anyone asks, I focused several times during this flight. wierd.jpg
2017-4-8
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You need to post the video and not a still from a video. Also exposure / lighting may also affect the outcome.
2017-4-8
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Underexposure and/or negative sharpness values in lower light situations will cause this.
2017-4-8
Use props
lumilan
New
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-8 20:08
Underexposure and/or negative sharpness values in lower light situations will cause this.

Ill post a video later tonight when i get home. As for conditions, this was taken on Oahu today, bright but with an overcast. I used auto settings, cloudy lighting, and the histogram was centered.
2017-4-8
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

lumilan Posted at 2017-4-8 20:21
Ill post a video later tonight when i get home. As for conditions, this was taken on Oahu today, bright but with an overcast. I used auto settings, cloudy lighting, and the histogram was centered.

Did you use a negative sharpness setting?
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please provide some original images or videos for better assistance.
Please do not edit or rename the original files.
2017-4-9
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

welcome to the club../
2017-4-9
Use props
lumilan
New
United States

Never mind, I have figured it out. It was indeed using a negative sharpness setting. I ran some tests between sharpness settings, and found that "landscape" preset produced the clearest results for me. Thanks everyone.
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules