My DJI Customer Service Experience
946 8 2017-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkFromNewYork
lvl.1
United States

I crashed my drone under Care Refresh.
DJI was kind enough to offer me expedited shipping on the return of the new drone.

They shipped it to the wrong zip code, but it wasnt too terrible since the zip code was also in the same city, but it did delay the expedited shipping by 4 extra days.

I still didnt receive my drone but it will arrive on monday.

I am really frustrated with them, really poor management, but atleast they tried. I feel bad because I was really upset at them when it was taking so long for the drone to be shipped out, and then I was even more upset when i found out the package had an incorrect zip code. When it was at the facility, I feel as though it took a couple more days than it should have. They said it was being repaired and thats why it was taking so long... why is that when I was simply getting a replacement drone under insurance?

I will receive my drone before my deadline, so thats good. But man was this an unnecessarily stressful experience. My weekend has been really nervewracking too because i just want to receive the drone already and make sure everything is all good before my trip to Japan.

:/
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for what has happened. Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into it and find out if there's anything I can help.
2017-4-8
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Good description on your experience with DJI. Thank you for sharing MarkfromNewYork
2017-4-8
Use props
Chakan
Flight distance : 129475 ft
Spain

I think dji can not with all the work they have on his back... in my case dji told me that my zone its not supported by ups to pickups my drone to send to the repair centre on netherlands...

hilarius becouse.. cant pickup to send to repair but if i buy a mavic ups deliver the drone on my door... long time of send lot of emails .. dji want to give me an extra battery becouse my drone its faulty one more time but they will give me the battery when i send the drone for second time... resume : dji want to give me an extra battery when i was spending 96 euros on shipping rates to send my drone on warranty to netherlands.... all this when the european consumer right on europe say : on the first two years the shipping charges for change , repair  and item on warranty are free of charge for the consumer.
2017-4-9
Use props
MarkFromNewYork
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-8 22:20
We are sorry for what has happened. Could you please provide me with your case number?

We can discuss once I successfully receive the drone. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MarkFromNewYork Posted at 2017-4-9 12:15
We can discuss once I successfully receive the drone. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Hi Mark, I have sent you a PM about the zip code in your case.
Please let me know if you have received that.
2017-4-9
Use props
MarkFromNewYork
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-8 22:20

The drone has finally arrived.

The case number was CAS-504468-B5M3W1

Is there anything you can do to help?
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MarkFromNewYork Posted at 2017-4-10 11:15
The drone has finally arrived.

The case number was CAS-504468-B5M3W1

Hi Mark, I have checked your case. We received your aircraft on Mar. 23.
And shipped it back to you on Apr.6.
Normally the turnaround time is about two weeks. It's within the normal progress.
As for the zip code, since you create the repair case online, and all the information were provided by yourself, we shipped out the aircraft to the address you provided.
After your aircraft has been repaired, we also have sent you an email which contains your shipping address and you didn't request any change.
Probably you input the wrong zip code.
2017-4-10
Use props
MarkFromNewYork
lvl.1
United States

Update: I have received the drone just in time for my trip to Japan. To such, I am happy with my overall experience with the customer service. Nonetheless, I want to point out that this process could be greatly improved. THis is how it can be improved: Perhaps there could be an option for the customer to note in their package when they send the drone to DJI that they would like to excercise their Care Refresh no matter what the repair cost would be. This would speed up the process for the customer. For instance, I knew that my drone was destroyed beyond reasonable repair, and that I would want to only pay the 79 replacement fee. If i could have noted this in the package, DJI could have fastforwarded the entire process of assessing, quoting the drone repair. There definitely needs to be this option especially for customers who need a drone quick.
2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules