Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The only reason I'm afraid when the Mavic is in the air....
712 5 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

Ever since I got my Mavic pro, I was afraid when my Mavic pro was in the air.... gor one reason... birds.
Is there a real reason to be afraid of a bird crashing into your drone? I'm not talking about a big floke of birds, but one or two birds every two minutes. Is there a reason to be afraid?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-4-9
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

No birds have no problems and see your drone and fly around. But birds of prey and seagulls can hunt down a drone, particularly if they have a nest with chicks near where you fly.

Regards Leif.
2017-4-9
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1098924 ft
United Kingdom

Chances of hitting one are slim. As leif said, they'll generally avoid. Happened to me and got it on video... -
-
-
There is a video of a flock of birds hitting a drone...

2017-4-9
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182710 ft
Indonesia

There seem to always be chances of birds acting erratically. Some are just sort of blind... If they still fly into airplanes, what is there to reason that they won't fly into drones? Well, but I believe it's even though... You lose your drone and the bird loses a leg or an eye.
2017-4-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Yhadar,

The only bird I'm worried about by me is an Eagle there are Red Tail Hauk's large Crow's and
numerous small bird --- None of them mess with my Mavic when I fly and there present they actually
stay away. But the Eagle's are a different story these suckers by me are huge when there perched in
a tree they look big , when they come down to the ground OMG this is where you really notice
these things stand 3 feet tall --- Only once I had a run in and it was an Eagle The Mavic was close to
me the Eagle came out of no ware and went after the Mavic I was in Sports mode and about 20 feet
from me, 8 feet high --- I had my Mavic haul A$$ back to me then the Eagle broke off its chase when
the Mavic was about 6 feet away and 3 feet high from me This dam bird was a Monster it's wing span
was over 6 feet across you can say I had a bird's eye view of him loollloll -- I laugh now about it now
but wasn't as it was happening !!!!!!!!

Moral of my story ----- I see an Eagle flying around I don't fly -- The Sky Belongs To Him !!!!
Fly Safe -- Fly Free

2017-4-9
Use props
LostMyMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84957 ft
United States

Pretty sure the noise would scare any average bird from getting at your Mavic.
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules