Viking European River Cruise = pack a drone or not?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fredq2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

Im on a Viking River cruise later this year and am trying to decide if I should bring my P3P. I would use it on shore excursions.

Pros - lots of interesting scenery
Cons - lots of different rules/countries, unknown viking rules (couldnt find any), extra piece of luggage - may have to buy a Mavic?

I have plenty of other cameras including a Lumix F100, Samsung Gear 360 that Im definately bringing - maybe I just need a 50' telescoping selfie stick?

I have state farm insurance so not as worried about losing the drone. Ill check my liability/umbrella insurance but I plan to fly safe (not over crowds, not from on board...)

I think if I wasnt doing the cruise I would bring it on a european trip but the cruise element is perhaps complicating.

Interested if anyone has experience with this.

2017-4-9
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

check with the cruise as to whether you can bring it on board in the first place, some of them dont even allow them on the chip.
2017-4-9
Use props
NetDep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202372 ft
United States

Was there any follow up to this? If so, I am very interested - thanks in advance!!!

2017-10-29
Use props
fredq2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

NetDep Posted at 2017-10-29 08:07
Was there any follow up to this? If so, I am very interested - thanks in advance!!!

There wasnt anything in writing about taking it on the Viking ship. The Captain said there was a quad flying overhead in Budapest but I missed it.

Im glad I didnt bring my P3P. It would have been difficult to launch and recover in most places  plus there are different laws in the different countries (some quite limiting). I never even considered launch off the ship - too much liability. If I was travelling more in the countryside I would have researched laws and considered bringing it.

off topic - I did bring a Samsung Gear 360 and a 6' monopod for 360s inside churches (where allowed), timelapses through locks and bungee corded to the bow going down the river - that was cool.
2017-10-30
Use props
NetDep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202372 ft

fredq2 Posted at 2017-10-30 01:21
There wasnt anything in writing about taking it on the Viking ship. The Captain said there was a quad flying overhead in Budapest but I missed it.

Im glad I didnt bring my P3P. It would have been difficult to launch and recover in most places  plus there are different laws in the different countries (some quite limiting). I never even considered launch off the ship - too much liability. If I was travelling more in the countryside I would have researched laws and considered bringing it.

Thanks for the info!! Won't be bringing a drone - seems too much trouble.
2018-8-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

But what if?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-25
Use props
roman22
New

India

India has a 5000 kms strong coastline with major seaports like Kandla, Mumbai, Goa, Mangalore, Kochi on the West coast and Tuticoran, Chennai, Vishakapatnam & Haldia on the East coast. In addition, the Indian Ocean includes ports like Colombo in Sri Lanka and Male in Maldives. Cruiseliners are finally tapping into the potential of the Indian Ocean region and offering a range of exciting cruises this winter from Mumbai.  https://www.cruisebay.com/special-offers/cruises-from-india.aspx
2019-1-5
Use props
roman22
New

India

India has a 5000 km strong coastline with major seaports like Kandla, Mumbai, Goa, Mangalore, Kochi on the West coast and Tuticorin, Chennai, Vishakapatnam & Haldia on the East coast. In addition, the Indian Ocean includes ports like Colombo in Sri Lanka and Male in the Maldives. Cruiseliners are finally tapping into the potential of the Indian Ocean region and offering a range of exciting cruises this winter from Mumbai.

https://www.cruisebay.com/special-offers/cruises-from-india.aspx
2019-1-5
Use props
triplou
New

India

India has a total coastline of 7516.6 km, out of which mainland coastline consists of 6100 km and islands' coastline consists of 1197 km. Indian coastline touches nine states and four union territories. The nine states are Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and West Bengal. Cordelia cruise connect the regions with its cruising service. With cordelia cruises online booking service we can easily travel around the world happily.
https://triplou.com/cordelia-cruise/
2021-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules