Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mayday - MAVIC Crash Investigation
11381 126 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

odradek Posted at 2017-4-27 07:44
Hello,

I've been reading all (or most of all) the posts of this thread because something very similar happened to me today, on my first real flight.

It's not necessary to post your DAT file on MavicPilots; there are people here who can analyze it, and BudWalker -- probably the best-qualified person to do so -- has been visiting this forum the past couple of days. Just post it here as Jason suggested and it'll get looked at.
2017-4-27
Use props
odradek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1817087 ft
France

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-27 09:32
Before you make too many more flights, you could try retrieving the .dat files from your Mavic and posting them for others to analyze. Perhaps start a new thread describing the details of your incident, too.

Hello Jason,

I will follow your advice. Thanks.
2017-4-27
Use props
odradek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1817087 ft
France

taus Posted at 2017-4-27 11:16
You are lucky that no harm was done, but I understand your concern.

I would look at mavicpilots.com and read the thread "Day 2 on Mavic - failure and crash". Then post the DAT files from the flight and see if  BudWalker or Robbyg will take a look at it for you. They are very good at this stuff. Also, you might want to buy the DJI Care Refresh insurance (I think it is wrong that you have to pay extra money because of failed product, but still).

Hello taus,

I will also follow your advice. Thanks.
And I agree that I should not have to pay extra money for an obvious malfunction on a product that costs 1200€...
2017-4-27
Use props
Mister Custards
New
Flight distance : 2756 ft
United States

odradek Posted at 2017-4-27 07:44
Hello,

I've been reading all (or most of all) the posts of this thread because something very similar happened to me today, on my first real flight.

Interesting.  The same thing happened to me and it appears that my Mavic was made on March 24, 2017.  I don't have an analysis from DJI yet, so I'm hesitant to jump to conclusions, but it's hard not to wonder if there was a "bad batch."  These are complex beasts, though, so who knows for sure?
2017-4-27
Use props
taus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25358 ft
Denmark

Update: My Mavic is finally sent so I should receive it on middle of next week. Looking forward to see what I get back and make a test flight.
2017-4-29
Use props
taus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25358 ft
Denmark

Almost one month later. But with Easter and Labor day postponing everything...

I finally got it back today. Got another one and it looks totally new.

They did steal my props but I had a new set from the combo pack. Otherwise I would have had to wait for that... would have been fantastic.

Did a quick test flight with no problems.

2017-5-3
Use props
DougBlueSkies
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi, three days ago I took delivery of a ‘refurbished’ Mavic Pro fly more combo. Due to the poor winter weather in UK I haven’t had a chance to fly it yet. Just been scouring the net for info and learning as much as I can of this very capable bird. However, on my travels I found myself here and thought I would check the production date of my Mavic. The serial number indicates the build was 21/03/2017. That in itself has given me cause for concern. The firmware is 1.03.0600 for both the AC and RC. Now I’m not clucking just yet, but could someone please shed some light as to whether the ‘dropping from the sky’ incidents were ever resolved and if they were what was the outcome. I’ve been flying lighter drones so not totally green, just a tad apprehensive. I really don’t want to see it dropping to terra from the sky. As I didn’t buy from dji authorised dealer so prob no warranty and when applying for dji care it said not poss as AC had already been covered. I don’t know the circumstances of the refurb. I’ve contacted dji to ask if they can provide me any info.
It arrived boxed in brand new pristine condition RC still celo wrapped on arrival, bag still in full celo, 2 of the batteries show 1 charge and in hibernation and the 3rd battery 3 charges. One of which was me charging to 100% to check info and make sure connection between RC and AC. Any help from some of the experienced members on here would be greatly appreciated.
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules