Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware version relevant to waranty question
1123 11 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vasco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5427717 ft
Greece

I have been advised  that if you don't use latest firmware version , then in case of an issue DJI ,do not covers drone waranty ! Is this correct ?
2017-4-9
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Is this correct?

Partially, yes. The warranty coverage might not apply if you choose not to upgrade and then crash because of something fixed in the newer firmware. In other words, if you crash because of something they had already fixed then they may not cover the cost.
2017-4-9
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Greece

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-9 11:41
Is this correct?

Partially, yes. The warranty coverage won't apply if you choose not to upgrade and then crash because of something fixed in the newer firmware. In other words, if you crash because of something they had already fixed then they won't cover the cost.

And then , how do you explain the possibility that DJI give you to downgrade to older firmware version?
2017-4-9
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Vasco Posted at 2017-4-9 23:17
And then , how do you explain the possibility that DJI give you to downgrade to older firmware version?

I don't recall seeing them recommend that anybody downgrade to an older version, though I've definitely seen them suggest upgrading to a newer one.
2017-4-10
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Greece

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-10 02:14
I don't recall seeing them recommend that anybody downgrade to an older version, though I've definitely seen them suggest upgrading to a newer one.

just for reference and in order anybody to know , i received yesterday from DJI employee member from other forum where i also post this thread, that DJI warranty policy is irrelevant to firmware version your drone runs.
2017-4-10
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Vasco Posted at 2017-4-10 02:54
just for reference and in order anybody to know , i received yesterday from DJI employee member from other forum where i also post this thread, that DJI warranty policy is irrelevant to firmware version your drone runs.

Can you provide a link to that other forum post? I'd like to see it.
2017-4-10
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Greece

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-10 03:10
Can you provide a link to that other forum post? I'd like to see it.

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/f ... .13365/#post-155967
2017-4-10
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

First of all, none of those folks who replied to you on MavicPilots are DJI employees. Second, you posted the same question there that you did here and they essentially gave you the same answer I did: that not upgrading doesn't automatically void your warranty. In fact, you seem to have copied and pasted the exact text there that you used in your original post here.

Here's a link to a post by an actual DJI employee who said that he's not sure if it would still be covered by the warranty if the problem is fixed in a later firmware version. He seems a little uncertain about this himself, but nobody on either forum has told you that using older firmware necessarily voids the warranty.

P.S. I edited my previous post to say that it might be a problem (instead of will be) if you crash because of something fixed in a newer version of the firmware because I (apparently incorrectly) thought I remembered a more definitive answer from Ken.
2017-4-10
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Greece

So ... from these you read you are understood  that  if you don't upgrade to latest firmware , you loose your warranty in case of an issue.

Can someone from DJI to confirm that in order to be under warranty cover you have to upgrade at latest firware ver?
2017-4-10
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Vasco Posted at 2017-4-10 04:26
So ... from these you read you are understood  that  if you don't upgrade to latest firmware , you loose your warranty in case of an issue.

Can someone from DJI to confirm that in order to be under warranty cover you have to upgrade at latest firware ver?

you loose your warranty in case of an issue.

No, what was said is that you might have a problem if you crash because of something fixed in a newer version of the firmware.

Per your own comments in the thread on MavicPilots, you were told differently by "some guy from organizers [of a DJI event in Athens]". Would that be the DJI New Pilot Experience that was held yesterday? I went to a New Pilot Experience once and there were no DJI employees there, but maybe there were some at the one you attended. In any case, I doubt that you were told by any DJI employee that not using the latest firmware automatically voids your warranty, and nobody on either forum has ever claimed that.

2017-4-10
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Greece

Yes you are right . It was yesterdays DJI new pilot experience event.
A guy told this. He is  a DJI agent in Greece, employ , insisting that if you don not update that no warranty applied . Thats why i make these posts .
2017-4-10
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Vasco Posted at 2017-4-10 05:10
Yes you are right . It was yesterdays DJI new pilot experience event.
A guy told this. He is  a DJI agent in Greece, employ , insisting that if you don not update that no warranty applied . Thats why i make these posts .

I see. Well, I'm sure he had good intentions when he told you that and the DJI employees on here will definitely encourage you to upgrade as Ken did in the post I linked. But ultimately whether something is covered by the warranty is going to be based on the terms of DJI's warranty contract, and I can't see where it requires you to be on the latest firmware. So now I'm even doubtful about the caveat Ken mentioned that I repeated earlier.

And by the way, I'm not using the latest firmware, but I definitely would be if I thought I was required to in order to keep the warranty valid.
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules