Issue Viewing/Editing Videos on Android
1238 2 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nmaffei34
lvl.2
United States

Hello All,

I am having issues viewing the videos I have recorded on my android devices. At first the videos were recording at 4k in .mov formats, which I know the 4k is unable to be edited unless I plug into PC.

I am recording videos in 1080P as MP4. I can take the SD card and plug it into my Galaxy S2 9.7 inch tablet. I can play the videos only through MX player. However, I cannot play them through the android video player or editor. I also can not edit them using the video editing apps I normally use and have used before. having exact same issue trying to play on android note 5 phone. When I go to play the video, it says Failed to Play Video, Unknown Error has occurred. When I try to edit it says this file type is not supported. This is an Mp4 video, why am I having issues? I thought it might be the codec but it says my codec is supported on this device.

Any thoughts?
2017-4-9
Use props
nmaffei34
lvl.2
United States

Using h264 Codec FYI
2017-4-9
Use props
Elena forbes
New

United States

As we know, 1080p will give us perfect movie quality with Ultra-clear picture and super sound quality. But due to the video format restriction of Android, most 1080p videos cannot be played directly on Android devices.  To make 1080P HD video playable on your device, or reduce the big video size for easy editing or saving space, you need to convert 1080P H.265 to 720P H.264. There are many softwares in the market can convert and compress videos, you can have a try.
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules