First Flight on New P3 Standard Update Firmwarae?
777 6 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Brand new P3 on 1.7.90+ and 3.1.1. First test flight flew out 3000ft with a windsurfer for a boost. I am getting the update flag on the but ignored it for now. the quesiton is, should I update the go app and the firmware? Distance seems pretty good for a standard, but not sure. No compass calibration or IMU cal for the avbove flight,. The second flight I did get a strong magnetic ineterference from the same spot flown on first flight and was told to calibrate the compass which failed. I then force closed the Go app and reopend the app and the calibration warning disappeared. Subsequent flight went as the first flight without issues.
Updat firmware and or app?
Thanks
2017-4-9
Use props
fans29e0f9d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162884 ft
United States

Same question here. I've talked with several guys who have problems after the update
2017-4-10
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

I've updated mine, no problems while flying.  Android phone and I force close all other apps before starting DJiGo.
2017-4-11
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Are you using IOS or Android ? Because Android would force you to update GO .... since 3.1.1.

Some people are 'hacking' the update and stopping the update to latest GO ... but to be honest - apart from  having Google maps - cannot see the point of such.

I have Go 3.1.4 for Android loaded up and I fly sometimes with this or other times with Litchi ... with latest FW of 1.8.10 .... all fine.

Nigel
2017-4-11
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

It's difficult to advise....
When i bought my P3S back in January i thought i HAD to upgrade the firmware in order to fly the thing. So right out of the box i updated it and could only get 500M out before i had loads of errors, and even a 'RC signal lost - RTH'..
So i took it back and got a replacement, and didn't upgrade the firmware (1.7.9 too) and it flew really well!

Now, whether this was down to the firmware, it's hard to tell...as on the original unit i never flew it before i updated, so it may have just been a bad one! But it's left me really wary of updating it just in case i do and then suffer poor performance again.
2017-4-11
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

My apologies, I forgot to mention Im on Android Tab 6.
2017-4-11
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-4-11 05:08
Are you using IOS or Android ? Because Android would force you to update GO .... since 3.1.1.

Some people are 'hacking' the update and stopping the update to latest GO ... but to be honest - apart from  having Google maps - cannot see the point of such.

If your on any Go version prior to 3.1.3 it forces an update. But once on version 3.1.3 or above your good to go, no forced update.
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules