Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help needed in Changing Mode 2 to Mode 1 on the controller
3566 5 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jillip
lvl.1
Canada

g'day fellow flyers (although I haven't got off the ground with the P3s yet ! )

I have flown quadcopters in manual MODE 1 up to the present time.....  finally attaining good "muscle memory" for the throttle on the RHS.
During the activation procedure of the Phantom 3 Standard, I was asked to nominate which mode I wanted and so checked MODE 1.   
MODE 1 has the throttle on the RIGHT and pitch on the LEFT.    YAW and ROLL stay the same as for MODES 1&2

I am hoping that you good people out there can help me in physically changing the throttle stick function from LEFT to RIGHT.
To date, I have not come across this information from DJI in written or video form.
I have seen the Youtube 2part clip on the 'non lock' controller but only one on  the"lock throttle"

Appreciate any help in advance

2017-4-9
Use props
Ice Viper
lvl.1
United States

I changed mine because I'm a lefty. On the main page...tap the three dots up in the top right corner. Then tap the icon that looks like the RC. Tap Stick Mode and you can change it there.
2017-4-9
Use props
jillip
lvl.1
Canada

Thank you Ice Viper for your reply....

This is a DJI Phantom 3 Standard, I have
I actually want to change the stick lock on the controller, physically, from the LEFT to the RIGHT
There is already one You tube that shows you this, but I am seeking any further information

Thank you for any help!
2017-4-9
Use props
jillip
lvl.1
Canada

Back again, found this comment attached to the link !   more needed but its a start!

irishboy0909  2 years ago
Quality video, absolutely fantastic! Works a charm.
I have an extra tip for keeping the throttle lock -
I actually first removed the screws from the back of the sticks themselves, then switched the two. I did this so that I would still be able to lock the throttle in the descend position.
However the shell of the transmitter wouldn't fit back on.
In trying to get the shell to fit, I removed a small metal plate from the back of one of the sticks that I couldn't see a use for. I took in off and noticed that the throttle lock had disappeared.

In short, you can unscrew the the metal plate from the left stick and attach it to the right stick. Then you can the throttle lock!
2017-4-9
Use props
jillip
lvl.1
Canada

G'day Folks: Before someone points out the obvious: the flying of the P3s is a lot different to flying a manual quadcopter. The concept of leaving the sticks in the centre position is quite foreign to me   !!
Obviously more research has to be done on my part to understand where manual commands and Gps commands come in.     Bringing the quad down for me in the past was throttling back to 0%!    .... hence why you need a lock or hands off stayed position to hold that 0%      

Thank you. for any help: bit of a learning curve for me!   
2017-4-9
Use props
jillip
lvl.1
Singapore

2 day since I wrote the above !
Wow! found out So much about the differences between Manual flying and GPS assisted flying!
.... having the throttle able to be left in central position baffled me !
DJI have great assistance from all those who put out YT clips !
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules