Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GImbal issues even after sending drone back to DJI
562 6 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Essence
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15833 ft
Singapore

I sent my MP back to DJI for horizon tilt issues, they replaced the gimbal arm under warranty, ran some tests and said its working fine now.

This is the first time i am flying it after getting my drone back from DJI.
I was moving it around to make sure that the issues i had before weren't there anymore after the repairs. And there they were! check out how the horizon tilt went from level to crazy side ways but just moving the drone around.

Speechless. Yes the first repair was covered under warranty, but I had to pay to have it shipped back to them, not mentioning the hassle of running to the post office.

Now my guess is that they would have me shipped it back to them AGAIN and I guess I have to pay for the shipping AGAIN, that is gonna be about 140SGD = 100USD in total for something that is not my fault in any way. How's that fair to cusomters?

Where is the quality from DJI????

2017-4-9
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am not surprised as your movements were rather abrupt. Why not try it in daylight and pan slower.
2017-4-9
Use props
Essence
lvl.1
Singapore

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-9 22:02
I am not surprised as your movements were rather abrupt. Why not try it in daylight and pan slower.

The Gimbal is supposed to adjust itself to a flat horizon, even after an abrupt movement, the gimbal should(maybe not immediately) straighten itself.

It is not right to have it tilted side ways after any movements.
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Essence Posted at 2017-4-9 22:05
The Gimbal is supposed to adjust itself to a flat horizon, even after an abrupt movement, the gimbal should(maybe not immediately) straighten itself.

It is not right to have it tilted side ways after any movements.

Could you please try to move the stick gently and test the gimbal again?
Then gimbal camera will need to adjust itself and if the movement is aggressively, the performance might be affected.
2017-4-9
Use props
Essence
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-9 22:41
Could you please try to move the stick gently and test the gimbal again?
Then gimbal camera will need to adjust itself and if the movement is aggressively, the performance might be affected.

So is it normal for the gimbal to be behaving this way when you move it aggressively?

I have seen videos of people flying their drones is sports mode and their images didn't turn out like mine.
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Essence Posted at 2017-4-9 22:51
So is it normal for the gimbal to be behaving this way when you move it aggressively?

I have seen videos of people flying their drones is sports mode and their images didn't turn out like mine.

We cannot guarantee the performance when flying in sport mode.
Please try to test the gimbal with gentle movement so we can see if there's something wrong with the gimbal.
2017-4-9
Use props
Essence
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-9 23:02
We cannot guarantee the performance when flying in sport mode.
Please try to test the gimbal with gentle movement so we can see if there's something wrong with the gimbal.

if flying in sports mode cause any issues, then i dont see why this guys have such smooth images in sports mode, and he was going way faster than i was.

2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules