Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Extremely Faulty Inspire 2
1282 10 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amadeusz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24190 ft
United Arab Emirates

Dear DJI and all the forum members,

I have purchased my Inspire 2 on the 7th of February 2017.  And I have to admit that it WAS a marevlous state of art UAV until the wonderful day of 7th of March, when stupidly I have decided to upgrade the firmware to version 1.0.240.  Then the spell was broken...

I am engaged as Chief UAV Pilot at well recognized and respectable UAV Operator based here in Dubai.  We perform high-level and high-risk flight operations above main carriageways in United Arab Emirates.  I have an aviation experience through flying manned fixed-wing aircrafts and military helicopters in Air Force Academy back in my country. And I do possess a knowledge of subjects like Fluid Mechanics, Physics, Thermodynamics, Avionics, Meteorology and plenty of different ATPL subjects.  Just like plenty of you around here mentioning about real flying experience,  I am not making any kind of show-off,  I am just counting I might bring some attention of Natalia, Jamie or any other DJI representative to my case.

Coming back to issue.

After the upgrade, I have noticed an increasing number of issues.  

First of all, like a lot of forum members, the maximium speed was decreased significantly.  Some members over here seem to treat it with a half blinked eye, but in my opinion I feel like someone spitted directly in my face.  My Inspire 1 is faster in Atti Mode than Inspire 2 in Sport Mode. This is totally unacceptable, because as a lot of members have stated,  this is TOTALLY something opposite from what is advertised. Before this upgrade, I could easily achieve the speed of 105km/h (which is extremly helpful during my flights above highways ) instead of 83 km/h ....

Secondly, "Forward, Downward, Upward Sensor Calibration Error" notification pops up every second, third time when I turn the UAV on.  As suggested I have performed calibrations with DJI Assistant 2 ( using both, Calibration Board and the screen ).  Every calibration was finished completely with a successful result.  I've done plenty of them.  please leave the questions like 'Did you clean the sensors" for someone else.  The error persists and that's the fact.

Another issue,  aircraft vibrates.  Abnormal, weird, dangerous behaviour of the aircraft, ESPECIALLY during descending. The aircraft likely 'jumps?', does not maintain the smooth path during decreasing altitude. Being honest with you, I am do not have an idea, how possibly the new Firmware could affect this, but it is what it is.  I do not have any video presenting the issue,  but I have seen some videos of Inspire 2 vibrating and they are nothing to compare with I've seen. The sound coming from the rotors/props/motors, is not so smooth anymore.  I am just comparing it to the sound which was exactly after the purchase.  And that was indeed a beautiful sound, not like this 'screeching' right now.

This time a minor issue with the UAV continuous, random asking me to update the firmware before take off (image processor update, which a lot of people talk about). Happening on the already paired battery pairs, and I have totally 20 pairs and I do maintain them in a proper way, having them marked and knowing each of the pair status and number of flights.

As mentioned before, I am based here in Dubai and I deal with a local dealer called "alGadgets" (I know how the name miserably sounds, but no need for comments, we do not have many options here in UAE ) from Abu Dhabi.  None of you can imagine the incompatance of people working in such stores, unless you are an expat living here.  Anyways,  I have no other choice than to deal with them.  I have complained to them with a simple note written with capital letters 11 days ago ( yes, I had to use capital letters ). They have opened the case with the DJI.
This is my note:

After that, I have received the answer from so called "DJI Support":

I really do not have more sarcasm in my mind to answer for this ridiculous comments.  But the best suggestion is the one with the gimbal calibrations.
Hey Boss, shall I do it with the camera attached to my little drone or sitting in the box.. . Ahhh, I forgot the drone did vibrate without the camera as well.... but thanks for your suggestions anyways.  I really hope you meant the compass calibrations... otherwise I cannot stop laughing until now.

I did not complain about Air Encoder Error, but it seems like this so called "Technician" from my local dealer, has done some 'ultra advanced inspection' to check what is wrong with my drone and he asked the DJI what is this error by the way. All of us know when this error pops up, but nevermind.

Natalia, Jamie. This is my case number CAS-543431-P8H0C0. Your urgent action is kindly requested and cooperation in this respect will be greatly appreciated.

I would also appreciate any constructive input from the forum members.  I hope I covered all.  From the other side I really feel lucky that this EXTREMELY faulty Inspire did not fall down, whereas I've read about crashes from the not suspiciously looking aircrafts at all.

Best Regards,

Mateusz

dji feedback.jpg
InfraUAV - DJI Inspire 2 - Issue Report.jpg
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, we suggest you respond to the DJI email you received. Since you're not satisfied with the instructions in it, you can also request to send back the drone for repair, just put in the request in the email. Let us know how it goes. Thank you.
2017-4-10
Use props
wild giles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 908094 ft
Canada

Sounds like you have the loose propeller mounts on the red coloured blades. I replaced the outer lock with am extra  white one and painted the marking red.

I had the same issues with calibration and firmware update.. I was able to fix that issue if I re-intalled the firmware from a direct firmware install using the usb cable to a laptop and Assist 2 software.
2017-4-10
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Is there a good reason why the Inspire 2's speed was reduced DJI?  This was a big point for me when I bought it...  I'd really like to know!
2017-4-10
Use props
ROTOROPTIC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 598031 ft
Canada

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-4-10 09:23
Is there a good reason why the Inspire 2's speed was reduced DJI?  This was a big point for me when I bought it...  I'd really like to know!

Too much stress and the camera footage is shaky
2017-4-10
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

Before the update, I had zero shake shooting at full speed (around 110km/hr)...but in any event you shouldn't shoot video in sport mode anyway (from what I've been told).  Either way it is disgraceful and I've myself commented at least 12x on the speed reduction (let along the dozens of other unique comments) - zero response from DJI.  
2017-4-10
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

ROTOROPTIC Posted at 2017-4-10 14:37

Thanks... but how was this then advertised by DJI?  Did they not do their homework and seriously tested the I2 before marketing it?  Converted to cars, Volkswagen did the same with some of their diesels models fuel consumption and exhaust gasses - they "claimed" (spell L I E D) to the consumer and we know the rest of the story....  Any difference here?
2017-4-11
Use props
fanse186c04e
First Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ROTOROPTIC Posted at 2017-4-10 14:37

i did no updates and i get 111 kph  111 km per hour in sport mode, and a perfect video with that speed!!!, no jello no nothing, just perfect
Vince
2017-4-12
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

"Another issue,  aircraft vibrates.  Abnormal, weird, dangerous behaviour of the aircraft, ESPECIALLY during descending. The aircraft likely 'jumps?'"

This happens to me too and I find it very strange. It looks like he's trying to control the speed of descent by giving these jumps.
2017-4-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

The next month will be telling on the Inspire 2 as many large brick-and-mortar stores should be stocking them without the camera.  People will purchase them separately someplace else until DJI supplies those stores with cameras to put on them.

I fear the "Air Encoder Error" will cause a lot of returned Inspire 2's if they do not get the firmware fixed - AND SOON!  Saying "Put on a camera" is silly if one isn't on it to begin with and they are sold that way.  More DOA Inspire 2' may be appearing shortly.  People may be flying these things for a bit before getting a camera and DJI had better make them work right and not brick them with bum software or firmware or props that don't fit.

Best advice may be to "Leave the firmware alone!" or else deal with warnings and errors, excessive vibration, buzzy gimbals, and slower flights, imho.
2017-4-12
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

"Best advice may be to "Leave the firmware alone!"

Reasonable request!  If the upgrade is made it should still be the user's choice... and if the user is not happy the roll back option must be available at least.  Should DJI have very good reason for not allowing the roll back, at least communicate this clearly so that suspicion and disappointment can be mitigated....  I wish DJI would see us Inspire 2 owners in a different light...  we should be "partners" in the development - now it is a type of us and them which is not healthy either way.
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules