Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aggressive Flying with my Mavic Finally Crashed
822 10 2017-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

It finally happened -- very windy , Flying Aggressive in Sports-Mode , It was all my fault NOT DJI's
I was flying backwards with the tail wind pushing me along --- As you all know it takes a little time for the Mavic to stabilize after going full speed -- well I misjudged that little time lollll
I found out that if I flew below the guard rails of the bridge it would cause a compass error but this error had nothing to do with the crash, it was windy with some hi gusts.
My Mavic fell from the roadway of the bridge down to the river bank into a bunch of weeds below about 30ft. The Mavic Did Not Sustain any Major damage, just some scratches, lost one of my Front landing leg extensions and shattered all my prop's -- recalibrated everything (the IMU was out of whack) no problems ---- see ya's late I'm going back out Flying!!!

2017-4-10
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

My Mavic fell from the roadway of the bridge down to the river bank into a bunch of weeds below about 30ft. The Mavic Did Not Sustain any Major damage, just some scratches and lost one of my Front landing leg extensions

Glad to hear that your aircraft is still intact and flying; that's quite a drop to survive, but I guess the weeds made a nice cushion.
2017-4-10
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Owwwwwwwwww! Right at the ending, that looked brutal. The guy at the end, waving cracked me up. Glad to hear it's alright
2017-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's a bit spectacular, hopefully aircraft will be ok, chalk it down to experience, I'm hoping you have care refresh.
Good luck...
2017-4-10
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-10 08:00
It's a bit spectacular, hopefully aircraft will be ok, chalk it down to experience, I'm hoping you have care refresh.
Good luck...

Hall ,

All's Good just finished with recalibrating everything is fine

2017-4-10
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-10 07:48
My Mavic fell from the roadway of the bridge down to the river bank into a bunch of weeds below about 30ft. The Mavic Did Not Sustain any Major damage, just some scratches and lost one of my Front landing leg extensions

Glad to hear that your aircraft is still intact and flying; that's quite a drop to survive, but I guess the weeds made a nice cushion.

DroneFlying ,

The weeds did save it !!!

2017-4-10
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-10 08:00
Good luck...

Of course I have Care Refresh
I also have 5min. epoxy if needed lolllllll   
2017-4-10
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your crash and hope you can get it going again soon
One of the dogs really didn't care to have his photo taken  
Rich
2017-4-10
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

lol Yeah that dog wasn't having it. Glad to hear it's not broken!
2017-4-10
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Ouch... There's a good chance the Pause button could have stopped the Mavic in time, but then again you still would have had to first make the realization that it wasn't gonna make that turn.
2017-4-10
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-10 10:05
Ouch... There's a good chance the Pause button could have stopped the Mavic in time, but then again you still would have had to first make the realization that it wasn't gonna make that turn.

Hi Jason ,
              I was way beyond the help of the Pause button --- from the Mavic Cam view you couldn't see how it actually Crashed -- It flew in-between the top guard rail and the one right below it, if I didn't touch the controls to go forward to countering the backwards motion it was in, my Mavic would have flew right through between them --- But when I was counteracting the backwards motion to go forward The backend pitched up while the front of the Mavic pitched down the rear prop blades shattered on contact with the top rail while one front extended landing gear hooked onto the rail just below the top one, Front props shattered ,Then over the side SkunkWerx's  went --- Thanks to this crazy plant that's called Japanese Knot Weed that grows all along the river banks broke the Fall of my Mavic -- I needed a Machete to get thru this stuff lolllll --- all's good -- I licked my wounds and I'm back up in the air once again !!!

2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules