Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I Did It!
1254 10 2017-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Redhead
lvl.1
United States

The P-4 came in Thursday, charged the batteries and upgraded the firmwar Friday.  Saturday and Sunday it rained and the wind blew. The weather broke late this morning and I summoned the courage to send my new P-4 into the unknown.  I went through two batteries, practicing landings, take-offs and general contorl of the aircraft.  All in all it went well and I am now going to print the online owners manual and read it cover to cover.  I have to say that it is quite easy to fly, as I have flown nothing more than an old electric airplane that I bought for my son 10-15 years ago.

Thank you to all of you that have posted advice on this cite as I have been reading for weeks to get prepared.
2017-4-10
Use props
Jester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195016 ft

United States

Good to hear, you will definitely enjoy it!
2017-4-10
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just like me on my first flight
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's great to hear you're enjoying your new aircraft. I'm sure you'll just continue to get better.
2017-4-10
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're hooked now!!
There is no cure for drone fever.
2017-4-10
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

I've been flying for almost a year, took baby steps at first and still do, at times. I also printed the owner operator manual and have it in a binder. I visit it frequently just to keep myself refreshed. No major issues to date........Happy flying!
2017-4-10
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Redhead,

Great to hear!  You will have many hours of fun and photography.  The P4 has an amazing camera.  I usually just shoot in 4K and do screen captures for photos.  It keeps it simple in the beginning.

There are a number of free video editing programs out there.  If you need one just ask.  We know them all!  When the weather makes flying prohibitive, you can always edit your videos!  At least your mind is in the air.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-11
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Great to hear but maybe read the manual cover to cover first next time.  
2017-4-11
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

The "bug" has bitten. Enjoy I know I sure do.  Mic75 you know the saying, do it then read the instructions to figure out what went wrong.
2017-4-11
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

imagine it Posted at 2017-4-11 04:30
The "bug" has bitten. Enjoy I know I sure do.  Mic75 you know the saying, do it then read the instructions to figure out what went wrong.

LOL very true
2017-4-11
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

This and other forums were studied intently for months before I made my purchase, truly is an invaluable resource.
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules