Faulty Battery
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9885875e
New
United Kingdom

Hi DJI,

Please can you advise on what to do?

When using a battery on the most recent trip it came up with an error along the lines of cell battery broke / faulty.

I only purchased the battery 24th November 2016 via Amazon. My friend ordered it for me as a gift.

Whats the quickest solution to getthing this resolved?

Thanks

Priti
2017-4-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are the cells balanced?
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Restarting makes no sense?
Please try to fully discharge firstly, then charge it again,  and check the battery info through APP.
Just want to verify, you got this error after a firmware updating or not?
2017-4-11
Use props
fans9885875e
New
United Kingdom

Sorry I'm pretty new to the drone so still learning - How do you mean?
2017-4-11
Use props
fans9885875e
New
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-11 02:52
Restarting makes no sense?
Please try to fully discharge firstly, then charge it again,  and check the battery info through APP.
Just want to verify, you got this error after a firmware updating or not?

We discharged it then charged it up again and the same error is appearing within the app. No not after a firmware update. It's through the app it states the cell error... It still let's the drone fly too.
2017-4-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What is the voltage level of the lowest cell?  What is the voltage level of the second lowest cell?  
2017-4-11
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-4-11 05:33
What is the voltage level of the lowest cell?  What is the voltage level of the second lowest cell?

Hi.
I have the same problem with one new battery I bought from Amazon. After a bit of inquiring I have found out that with the latest DJI Go firmware the system now recognizes if a battery is made by DJI or is a Generic battery. In the later case it gives different type of messages, on my configuration I got the error at the battery status page in the advance tab, giving me an error 'Cell Broken'. Even thought the drones starts up and can be flown. I have seen on YouTube that in the same situation the drone will not let you fly the aircraft.
So it looks to me that DJI seems to force us to buy their batteries. Witch is I think a very bad business decision. I have returned that battery and  have odered another battery from the same maker 'PowerData' via Amazon,  will receive it this week and let you know if it was only that battery or if it gets to be generalised througt out non DJI batteries.
Edited 06/07/2017 12:42:38: The second battery by the same maker and it does the same thing. I returned it and ordered from DJI and the error messages disappeared

Bat .

Look at time lapse 9:00 minutes approximatly for the Message shown below.

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/capbat/media/Aiarcraft%20Flight%20Prevented_zps3nqyqxag.jpg.html%5D[/URL][img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/capbat/media/Amazon%20New%20Battery%20Cell%20Broken_zpsm0siccuh.jpg.html%5D[/URL][/img][/img]

2017-4-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans9885875e Posted at 2017-4-11 05:06

When you look at the battery section in the app and see the four battery cells light up with their voltage amount, do you see that the numbers are all about the same (give or take a .01-.05 decimal) or does one or more of them have a big number difference?

Given how long you've had the battery, you may want to send it in to DJI to get a battery replacement. You would want to ensure you have the proof of purchase to validate the warranty period. It wouldn't matter whose name is on the receipt information.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans9885875e Posted at 2017-4-11 05:08
We discharged it then charged it up again and the same error is appearing within the app. No not after a firmware update. It's through the app it states the cell error... It still let's the drone fly too.

Please upload two screenshots for the error message and battery info after you fully charge it, thanks.
2017-4-12
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have received my second battery from Amazon (Sold by PowerData) And I still have the same message 'Cell Broken' at the status battery page. See pictures Message #7.
Any comments specifically by DJI Natalia....

Thanks.
2017-4-12
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fans9885875e Posted at 2017-4-11 05:06

How look this page in your app?
Screenshot_2017-04-13-18-06-54[1].png
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

capbat Posted at 2017-4-12 07:58
I have received my second battery from Amazon (Sold by PowerData) And I still have the same message 'Cell Broken' at the status battery page. See pictures Message #7.
Any comments specifically by DJI Natalia....

If the second one was a 3rd party battery as well, I would not expect them to read properly at all.
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

G_Sig Posted at 2017-4-13 10:23
How look this page in your app?

It seems normal, have you upgraded the aircraft to the latest? if no, please upgrade it firstly.
Also please try to delete the APP, reinstall it, then check whether you have the same error or not.
2017-4-14
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-14 01:24
It seems normal, have you upgraded the aircraft to the latest? if no, please upgrade it firstly.
Also please try to delete the APP, reinstall it, then check whether you have the same error or not.

This picture is from new Dji battery which I  was testing for first time. It did not update
the first time turned on in AC. I'm on FW 1.8.10 and app 3.15
2017-4-14
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

If it is a Genuine DJI battery, they should replace it. If it is not DJI you should return it and buy a genuine DJI battery.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

G_Sig Posted at 2017-4-14 01:45
This picture is from new Dji battery which I  was testing for first time. It did not update
the first time turned on in AC. I'm on FW 1.8.10 and app 3.15

In that case, please feel free to contact our tech support to send it for evaluation.
You can get in touch with them via support.eu@dji.com
2017-4-15
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

If it is not a real DJI ( Says DJI around the barttery ) then it is not a real DJI part & won't work on DJI GO
2017-8-5
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-13 14:42
If the second one was a 3rd party battery as well, I would not expect them to read properly at all.

When it comes to DJI  Battery's or controllers - I only buy from the DJI store, most other places sell stuff that they call DJI P3 Battery  $70.00  & they are knock offs & won't work on DJI GO most say bad cell.
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules