Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks.
I believe its possible to download maps in the Android version of the DJI Go4 App, but I cant figure out how to do so with the iOS version.
Can anyone help with this?

Thanks
Allan
2017-4-11
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I'd like to know this as well. Just this past weekend we were in an area with zero cellular/wi-fi service.
2017-4-11
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Different map providers so you can't on IOS other than caching, this is one of the reasons DJI went to Here maps on Android as its a feature Here allow,
2017-4-11
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for this. Does the DJI App work only with Here? I can install Google Maps on the iPad and download that, but I'm assuming that this wont help as the DJI App works with Here - correct?
Regards
Allan
2017-4-12
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5989180 ft
United Kingdom

While you're at home with an internet connection open DJI Go and  tap to enter Go Fly (you don't need the aircraft to be powered on). Once in the flight screen, make sure you have the map caching set to enabled in the settings screen, then tap the map to make it full screen and simply move the map display to the area you want to fly in, then move ithe map around and zoom in/out of the area you need to force the app to cache the map. Do a zoom in-out as there are different levels of detail on the satellite mapping imagery. Then power off the iPad/iPhone and go travel to the fly zone. When you next open the djigo app, the cached map will be available to you to use. It is that simple ;)
2017-4-12
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Electro-Nick Posted at 2017-4-12 15:39
While you're at home with an internet connection open DJI Go and  tap to enter Go Fly (you don't need the aircraft to be powered on). Once in the flight screen, make sure you have the map caching set to enabled in the settings screen, then tap the map to make it full screen and simply move the map display to the area you want to fly in, then move ithe map around and zoom in/out of the area you need to force the app to cache the map. Do a zoom in-out as there are different levels of detail on the satellite mapping imagery. Then power off the iPad/iPhone and go travel to the fly zone. When you next open the djigo app, the cached map will be available to you to use. It is that simple ;)

The benefit of the Android GO 4 map is you can download a complete country if you wanted to use
for offline use , would be nice to have this on ios but I understand the issues with providers.
2017-4-13
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Well, I'm really confused.  In the latest version of DJI GO4 for Android (version 4.1.18) the menu options to set "map caching" and to "load offline maps" have been removed.  When you get to your flying site, and you have no WiFI (as is normal at remote sites), you get error messages saying cannot find maps, and nothing works.  Cannot fly.  
2017-12-10
Use props
djiuser_qtpkGrH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

RobAlbania Posted at 2017-12-10 15:48
Well, I'm really confused.  In the latest version of DJI GO4 for Android (version 4.1.18) the menu options to set "map caching" and to "load offline maps" have been removed.  When you get to your flying site, and you have no WiFI (as is normal at remote sites), you get error messages saying cannot find maps, and nothing works.  Cannot fly.

Yes - same for me!
2017-12-24
Use props
fansfc38675d
lvl.1
Ireland

I'm also having the same problem with no map on my iPhone 5s but can see it on my android tablet. When checking the in flight settings in the app I see on the tablet that there is a setting to "Show Flight Route" and "Clear Flight Route" but not on the iPhone 5s app????? See scree shots for details
Can anybody help?
DJI why is this disabled on iOS  
Screenshot_2018-01-06-20-35-40.png
Screenshot_2018-01-06-20-26-04.png
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules