Still waiting for a flight log review from tech support
1270 14 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Hello, I'd like some help here, the tech team seems to have forgotten me.

I have contacted the support on Februray the 25th and got an automatic response telling me that my request (443552) has been received and is being reviewed.

On March the 10th, I received an email asking for additional informations (I gave most of the info in the first mail but well...)

On April the 1st, I received an email telling me that for some "various reasons" (actually quoting the mail), they couldn't analyze my flight logs. They asked me to send them the flight log that was on my phone (txt format), so did I on the very same day.

Having no answer 10 days after, I sent back an email asking for information and I've been given a new request number (485560)

For those who want to know why I wanted a review of a flight log, here is a descritption of what happened (who knows, maybe it happened to someone else):

"When I took off, signal was perfect.
I flew at a distance of 458m and an altitude of 22m
When I was coming back towards me, I decided to activate sport mode. Shortly after (319m from me), I completely lost the signal (video and RC).

So I went in the fields to search for my drone and when I found it, it was still on (the lights were on) and on his back.

I looked to the replay and it only says I lost the signal when I was at 22m above the ground (no trees in the nearby).
And  instead of returning home (as it is supposed to do according to the  manual), it crashed quite violently to the ground: I broke 3 propellers  and the arms of the mavic are scratched"

My Mavic still flies perfectly fine, but I'd like to know what happened, I'm constantly afraid to have the same trouble again and break it for good.

2017-4-11
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Can you post links to your txt log on Airdata or Phantomhelp, and also a link to your .dat file? I see that DJI says they couldn't analyze them, but maybe there's at least a little bit of useful information in there.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

This happened because of a system problem, but it is no reason to make you wait for such a long time to get an response. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused. I’ve asked the designated department to take care of your case soon, I’ll keep an eye on it as well.
2017-4-11
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

@Jason Lane: I already posted it on another thread, it won't tell you much except that I got a strong wind notification (although the wind was quite calm that day) and a notification of weak signal just before I lost all connections with the Mavic.
You can also see with Google Maps that these are fields, without any tree nor building that could block the signal (highest structure is a 1m fence)
Here is a link: http://app.airdata.com/main?share=Bjomtm

@DJI Natalia: Thanks a lot for your help
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

My pleasure, hope we could get it addressed soon.
2017-4-15
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-15 03:11
My pleasure, hope we could get it addressed soon.

Sorry to bother you again, but it has been more than a month and still nothing...
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Samoth Posted at 2017-5-17 07:16
Sorry to bother you again, but it has been more than a month and still nothing...

You sent the drone in to our service center?
You mean you have not received data analysis result from us?

2017-5-18
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-18 01:39
You sent the drone in to our service center?
You mean you have not received data analysis result from us?

I didn't send the drone, since it's not broken.
I sent my flight logs and all the data I've been asked to send for analysis but I still haven't had their analysis.

My drone crashed 3 months ago and I still don't know why, I'm afraid it would happen again on a less fortunate situation
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Samoth Posted at 2017-5-19 23:57
I didn't send the drone, since it's not broken.
I sent my flight logs and all the data I've been asked to send for analysis but I still haven't had their analysis.

Sincerely sorry for the delay , Just to clarity, is the case CAS-490970-T2D0M2 ?  I’ve reported this case to designated department, who are going to take care of this for you right now.
2017-5-20
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-20 03:11
Sincerely sorry for the delay , Just to clarity, is the case CAS-490970-T2D0M2 ?  I’ve reported this case to designated department, who are going to take care of this for you right now.

That's correct.
Thank you
2017-5-20
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I am having similar issues which has also been going on since I first received it, a few months ago now, firstly I had problems getting the RC to connect to the drone and when it did on every flight it soon lost connection even when i was a few meters away, lucky when the battery ran low it returned to home,
I was hoping that a firmware updates would resolve this but it has not and as stated in my ongoing thread it is very strange that when I do a firmware update or refresh it will connect after strait away, but when I switch off the drone and RC and wait say 30 minutes or so and try again it just will not connect no matter how many times I try and believe me I have tried everything,
I am also waiting on the results of my RC and flight data back from DJI as I cannot fly the Mavic it has just become a very expensive paper weight!   
2017-5-20
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-20 03:11

Hey, I received a weird email from DJI today, asking if my issue is solved.

There is a link in the email: http://www.dji.com/support/repair-trace?www=v1

The problem is that I never sent my Mavic for repair, I only sent my flight logs for analysis because of a crash. It didn't break because I was lucky (not flying high and above tall grass), but I'm afraid it could happen in a less fortunate situation (above water, concrete,...).
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Samoth Posted at 2017-5-23 05:44
Hey, I received a weird email from DJI today, asking if my issue is solved.

There is a link in the email: http://www.dji.com/support/repair-trace?www=v1

Hi Samoth, we understand how you feel , sincerely sorry for the delay. I've escalated this case ,  it’s under process now. We' ll keep you updated.
2017-5-23
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-23 23:26
Hi Samoth, we understand how you feel , sincerely sorry for the delay. I've escalated this case ,  it’s under process now. We' ll keep you updated.

It's not only about the delay, but most important: they think I sent my Mavic for repair but I did not, I only sent flight logs for analysis
2017-5-24
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

Case closed, I got an answer: they cannot understand why it crashed without the video feed (too bad I wasn't filming).

Also, they offered me a 30% coupon for the drone alone (without the remote).
I think I'll buy the DJI Care.
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules