Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Go app shuts off
12Next >
7254 44 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans689722dd
Flight distance : 3623386 ft
Belgium

So I'm flying my Phantom 4 and suddenly the dji go app just switches off. I have to restart the app to make it work again.
This happens more than once. I have a feeling things get worse and worse after every update.

2017-4-11
Use props
Helimage
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

What device are you using the DJI GO app on?
2017-4-11
Use props
fans689722dd
Belgium

Of course, now my tablet is the problem. Come on.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The above post is a valid question.
Here is the list of recommended devices, if you are not using one of these then it may not have enough processing power to correctly operate the app. The GO4 app takes a lot of processing power needs a good device.
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD

2017-4-11
Use props
fans689722dd
Belgium

Nvidia Shield tablet. It is more powerful than some devices you mention.
2017-4-11
Use props
Helimage
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

Powerful doesn't mean compatible. There have been numerous issues with the NVIDIA SHIELD with the latest version of DJI GO and Android 7.0. See if you can downgrade.
2017-4-11
Use props
DroneGuyEd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing happened to me today.  I use an iPhone 7 with lots of memory available.  During flight, app crashed. I brought the PH4 home manually first.  An app restart then seemed to work ok for the next flight.

I believe this was the first flight since the Apple app update from yesterday.  Prior this, neither the DJI GO 4 app or the DJI Go app (for PH3) had ever crashed during flight.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans66d40b4c
lvl.3
United States

FYI I have the Shield and the problem is the new up date that was pushed out by NVIDA the company. NUGOT is the new operating system  DJI knows about this issue, but for the time being if you want to continue to fly roll back your Tablet to the earlier version. I had mine done and now the app keeps on working as it should.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans66d40b4c
lvl.3
United States

Sorry I forgot to give you the link that NVIDA sent me to down load the previous version
https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload
2017-4-12
Use props
fans689722dd
Belgium

Today the app shut off twice during a flight. Also some notifications of fly restrictions came every 10sec and I had to confirm that all the time.

The app is unworkable for me at the moment. I stop flying untill DJI solves this.
2017-4-15
Use props
insight
New

United States

I push the on off bottom and do not turn off , shown in the leads...

please help ! how can I turn off my controller ?
2017-4-15
Use props
fansa3c2a336
Second Officer
Flight distance : 948858 ft
United States

insight Posted at 2017-4-15 12:28
please help ! how can I turn off my controller ?

press the button once then release then press and hold until all the lights go off
2017-4-15
Use props
mareks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 454111 ft
Latvia

fans689722dd Posted at 2017-4-11 12:03
Nvidia Shield tablet. It is more powerful than some devices you mention.

I had same issue!
Very dissapointing!

But I did this and yesterday I checked and at about 300 m away signal stayed strong and stable and app didn`t crash (usually app crashed at ~300 m away).
So what I did - rooted shield and installed rom with android 6.
And just in case I opened back cover and removed 5 magnets that were sticked to cover (some say they may interact with signal but I dont think tht is the case because with old app there were no problems even with magnets).

I don`t know what helped but this helps (I think android 6 is safer fix, but removing magnets was not hard so I did that anyway).
2017-4-16
Use props
KUBAKUBA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 447628 ft
Poland

I have the same bad experience after I installed DJI GO 4. I never had issues on previous software. Now each flight i see another surprise from DJI. Aircraft disconnected - black screen; software crash, it causes tablet switch of and so on...
I like DJI, but new software disappointed me.
2017-4-17
Use props
fansf3872a3c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36250 ft
United States

Had to reload table today and got the new DJI Go 4 app. The app looses connection when we start to record video. I then shut the app down and restart it and it works fine until I stop the recording and restart it.
2017-4-17
Use props
Hank Anderson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126270 ft
United States

Have the same issue.  Using new Samsung Galaxy S8+, DJI Go 4, app just shut down automatically while drone was on return to home.  This is unacceptable by any standards.  As for their so called list of "useable" devices, the iPhone 7 family and Galaxy S8 family have been out for a while, no reason for this to be happening, not to mention it has been some time since Android 7 has been released.
2017-6-17
Use props
Hank Anderson
lvl.1
United States

Not to mention the fact that when you live stream, Facebook is only 15 FPS, and when you select YouTube, the app crashes altogether.  Come on DJI, we expect better than this.  Does anyone know if any of the DJI Reps look at these?  Would be nice to know a status on the software patch or fix to correct these issues, and don't tell me it's the device.. I'm certain it can handle your software, especially if a Note 3 can.
2017-6-17
Use props
Hank Anderson
lvl.1
United States

Got a reply from their tech support, that was unfortunately disappointing.

They told me to use DJI Go, instead of DJI Go 4.
I'm starting to feel like they don't even know their own software.
Told me that the Phantom 4 Pro and Advanced are supported by DJI Go 4, but not the Phantom 4.  Sorry to say, if  you look closely, Phantom 4, 4 Advanced, and 4 Pro are supported, but DJI Go only supports up to Phantom 3 Professional.

Anyone else having this type of experience?
2017-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hank Anderson Posted at 2017-6-19 14:42
Got a reply from their tech support, that was unfortunately disappointing.

They told me to use DJI Go, instead of DJI Go 4.

Sounds like their support team could do with more 'coaching'.
2017-6-19
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

fans66d40b4c Posted at 2017-4-12 08:49
FYI I have the Shield and the problem is the new up date that was pushed out by NVIDA the company. NUGOT is the new operating system  DJI knows about this issue, but for the time being if you want to continue to fly roll back your Tablet to the earlier version. I had mine done and now the app keeps on working as it should.

Same problem with my nvidia shield on nugot, i rolled back any alls good now
2017-6-19
Use props
Hank Anderson
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-19 15:06
Sounds like their support team could do with more 'coaching'.

Gets even better.

Here was their reply to me after having to explain to them what exactly their Go and Go 4 apps support.

Dear Hank,

Apologies for that.

It was from website and it is to be updated.

For Phantom 4, it supported DJI Go 4.

Since you are using a device that is not yet supported by DJI, I would suggest to use a device that is supported and see if it will work.

Here are the list of the updated mobile devices supported.

Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c,
    Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9,
    Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.

Hope this will help.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Dante
DJI Technical Support

This is my response:

Dante,

While I can still understand the reason for suggesting devices you currently have tested, I am a cell phone store manager.
Your answer of suggesting to use a different device is like me telling my customers that since their Samsung phone is broken, to purchase a different phone.

This is not a resolution to the issue at hand, and I am not the only one having this issue per your forums, even though this is a Samsung Galaxy S8+.

Further more, I have paid a good deal of money for your drone.  Having done so, I should not be expected to invest more money in a device to fly it.
This is on your software developer's hands at this point, of which they need to update the software.  If you don't believe me, I suggest that you submit the reviews that have been left via the Google store for both DJI Go and DJI Go 4 as proof.

For the record, the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ has been out now for 3 months.  There should be no reason why this device is not supported.
Telling your customers to purchase a new device is not a valid solution to your current software issue, especially since we have spent 1400.00 or more on your drones.  I await a more reasonable explanation and resolution.

I've paid good money for this drone, and I'll be damned if I'm going to 1. buy a device to fly it, and 2.  forced into buying an Apple product for that same reason.

If DJI is in fact in bed with Apple, they why did they even bother making the app for Android.  7.0 has been out for several months now, and the Galaxy S8 Family has been out for 3 months.  

THIS IS NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE OR QUALITY CONTROL...  Give us back the old version so we can fly until you fix the problems with the new one...

2017-6-20
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

FlanniganFlyer  Posted at 2017-6-19 20:47

can anyone help me with how to roolback my nvidia shield and the dji go app
my tablet run android v7.0
dji go app 4 version 4.1.2

AND IT JUST SUCKS.!!!

I was out and fly the other day. And that the app went down 3 times on 1 battery
2017-6-22
Use props
Telekom Design
New
Flight distance : 18950 ft
Germany

Same issue here.
DJI GO 4 app shuts down on regular basis while I am flying our Mavic Pro.
The device I am running to use the app is a Samsung S6 (SM-G920F) and Android 7.0 (build NRD90M.G920FXXU5EQFC, kernel 3.10.61-10958180).
2017-7-30
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

FlanniganFlyer  Posted at 2017-6-19 20:47

What did you rollback with ..?
I looked good the link further up. But there are many things to download on the page .. :-(

And after your rollback. Did you just install the app dji go4 again ..?
2017-7-30
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Jan Jensen Posted at 2017-7-30 04:27
I looked good the link further up. But there are many things to download on the page .. :-(

Hi Jan Jensen, I bought my shield with android 6.0 and flew with my phantom 3 with no problems, but when I updated to android 7.0 on the shield the go app crashed all the time, so I contracted Nvidia and they helped me get it back to 6.0 but would void the warranty, when I got it back to android 6.0 all was good so I ingnored the android 7.0 updated every time I turned on the shield, Dji has since brought out a few app updates and phantom 3 update so I update the shield to 7.0 and have had no problems, if you still having problems try this, turn off the shield leave for a 2 minutes, hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time until the screen goes to a boot option screen, use the volume up&down bottom to choose recovery and then press volume button to start the recovery, you will lose all content so back files up to another device, the process can take an unusually long time, hours, if that doesn't work try the online live chat with Nvidia, good luck
2017-8-2
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
Second Officer
United Kingdom

https://developer.nvidia.com/gam ... hield%20tablet%20k1
Hi Jen I was chatting to Nvidia and got this link for you, use the 1.5.0 version it android 6.0 2016/12/14
2017-8-2
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

My Shield K1 also started misbehaving after the Android update. However, since DJI's July updates to the UAV, battery, RC and DJI GO I've not had a problem. From testing so far, I'd say it's no longer a problem. However, there's still the dodgy flight controls and inability to record 4K @ 30fps...
2017-8-2
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

FlanniganFlyer  Posted at 2017-8-2 11:34
https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload#?search=shield%20tablet%20k1
Hi Jen I was chatting to Nvidia and got this link for you, use the 1.5.0 version it android 6.0 2016/12/14

Thanks a lot, for the help :-)
2017-8-2
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

CentralOtagoKiw Posted at 2017-8-2 11:44
My Shield K1 also started misbehaving after the Android update. However, since DJI's July updates to the UAV, battery, RC and DJI GO I've not had a problem. From testing so far, I'd say it's no longer a problem. However, there's still the dodgy flight controls and inability to record 4K @ 30fps...

my dji go app shuts of each time i fly
2017-8-2
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

V 5.0 Lollipop or V 6.0 Marshmallow with both work very well with the Nvidia. I have used both and am currently on Marshmallow now for over a year. Mine auto upgraded to Nougat too right after I bought it and I suffered the dreaded crashing too. Roll it back to either one of the previous versions and you'll be fine.
2017-8-2
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

okay thanks, min auto upgraded to :-/
2017-8-3
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-11 11:51
The above post is a valid question.
Here is the list of recommended devices, if you are not using one of these then it may not have enough processing power to correctly operate the app. The GO4 app takes a lot of processing power needs a good device.

Hi Ken, the list is not complete.  Where is Samsung tablet 715c. It was listed last year, that's why I bought it. Now it's not?  Are u guys make so extra dimes by selling this stuff?
2017-8-3
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

FlanniganFlyer  Posted at 2017-8-2 11:34
https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload#?search=shield%20tablet%20k1

now i did the roolback.. vent well (after mutch time spent)
and now my shield k1 just reboots over and over again...
2017-8-3
Use props
fans689722dd
Belgium

So after the latest big firmware update from dji go app and controller the problem with the app crashing seems to be solved. I didn't experience any crashing so far.
2017-8-3
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Jan Jensen Posted at 2017-8-3 08:29
now i did the roolback.. vent well (after mutch time spent)
and now my shield k1 just reboots over and over again...

I would get on the Nvidia web support page or try to initiate a chat with a tech. I have heard of this before but can't offer anything else about it. Yeah, it can take some time sometimes to flash these devices. Are you sure you got the correct image file for your device. I always download right from Nvidia and the are several versions I know. Do you have the original Shield or the K1......they take a different image file I do know that. Not saying that you got the wrong one, but something is wrong if it is stuck in the looping. You may have to do it again. I do know that you must follow the instruction to the letter. I feel for you, because I also have had issues rolling back on several occasions. I've been there and done that and it can be frustrating for sure. Hang in there.
2017-8-4
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i took the  version 0.0.0     2015/12/22   and there it was :-)   the upgraded to andriod 6.. and here i hope to stay... :-)
I have read that others get annoying notifications to update to andriod 7.
So I need to find a solution to turn it off :-)
2017-8-4
Use props
barlera
New
Brazil

Hello.. I´m flying with iphone 6 and iphone 7 and the DJI GO4 is no stable.
It craches at every 30 seconds.. I'll travel soon and I need it working..

Do you know how to fix it?

OBS: The app is not working even if i´m not flying.
2017-12-6
Use props
fans311483fc
New
Canada

I use Iphone 8 plus and djigo4 crashes. No solution yet?
2017-12-10
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fans311483fc Posted at 2017-12-10 13:45
I use Iphone 8 plus and djigo4 crashes. No solution yet?

I'm also having issues with Apple iPad running 11.2.

First thing I noticed was iPad Air 2 charging takes forever coming from version 10.  Some are reporting unplugging the cable and replugging speeds up the charging or gets it started again here:  iOS 11.2 issues.

I've found a lot of my trouble with GO 4.1.8 requires me to unplug and replug the cable as well.  I think it maybe related to the above link reports of the need to do the cable plugin thing twice.  Looks like an Apple issue more than DJI this time.

I also tried to rollback to iOS 10.3.3 but no luck and getting the Apple 3194 error or Apple has blocked the rollback.  It worked well prior to all this recent Apple updates with 11.x, but now GO 4.1.8 loses settings during flight, something stops working (gimbal), video stalls out, screen button stubborn, or the app will crash and likely now Apple's fault.
2017-12-10
Use props
Fly356
lvl.1
Australia

I have the same issue with my 3 advanced that I’ve had for 3+ years. I use an iPad with it so nothing except software has changed. In fact the app is so unstable now I. vouldnt stay logged into it long enough to write this post.

Firstly, don’t fly your drone until the issue is resolved!

When it first happened I was able to restart the app in flight and it would be fine. Next time, I could restart the app but it would not connect to the drone. Initially I though no worry it will just return home, but it didn’t. I tried the return home button on the app, nothing, then the controller, still nothing. Luckily it was stationary when I lost contact so it just hovered until the battery ran low then attempted to land in a tree. I was able to retrieve but broken propeller, camera mount, camera cables mean lots of repair required. When the app crashed previously I did notice that it seemed to carry on with whatever last instruction was so had I been moving it would just fly off into the distance to crash well out of sight.
2017-12-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules