Repair process delayed
1248 31 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

Case# - CAS-528225-D6T1K2
03/23 - Case opened for a gimbal overload error. No other issues, and the aircraft was flown on multiple occassions after the overload error, without any issues.03/24 - Receive a shipping label after waiting 24 hours.
03/30 - DJI receives my Mavic Pro. When checking status, it shows that it is being assessed for damage estimate, and will take 1 business day.
04/04 - After not recieving any update as to the status of my assessment, I checked online to see the status. It still showed the same status. I contacted their their online chat support and got the same broken English, copy and pasted answer to every question you ask, from multiple reps, and when each felt like they didn't want to chat anymore, all justed end the chat on me, without notice. I call in on the one, very hard to find phone #, and they all spit out those same generic answers of "we are sorry, but we are currently backed up on orders/repairs" (not my problem), and "your order/repair will be processed in the order it was received" (great, but stick to your given timeframes!). Then, to go further, when I continued to push them on the phone, the rep finally caved, and told me that they "would be submitting a request to have the repair process bypassed and a refurbished item sent out within the next 24 hours due to their current delays".
04/05 - 24 hours goes by, and I get a call back from a different person telling me "no, you will not be receiving a reburb, we will process your repair in the order it was received". When I ask to speak to a supervisor about why I was told one thing by the last rep and now this one is telling me the opposite, I get told that I can't speak to a supervisor/manager, and after pushing further, was told then told (very rudely) "I am the supervisor, there is no one else here for you to talk to". He then tells me that once the repair is complete (whenever that is, because of course, he can't give me an accurate timeframe), that they "upgraded" me to two day shipping..... Gee, thanks! Two day shipping, that should be applied to EVERY $1,000 drone that is being shipped....
04/05 (later that day) - I receive my first repair invoice. It includes the following:
Back right motor arm, Middle Frame, Gimbal Control Board, and Gimbal Arm. For these 4 items, they are quoting me for 2 hours of service charge.
I call the support number back, and explain to them that I do not need anything fixed, besides the gimbal overload error, and that the aircraft was flown, on multiple occasions after the error, with absolutely no issues, and that after looking at other invoices posted by other customers on the DJI forum, I saw that EVERY SINGLE other person had a much longer list of items that needed to repaired, INCLUDING EVERYTHING on my list, and were only quoted for 1 service hour. The first rep puts me on hold for 10 minutes at a time, coming back to the call not answering my question, and after about a half hour of this, claims that he "can't hear me anymore", and hangs up. I call back, wait in the queue for another half hour, get back on the phone with someone else, who has no clue about anything I just explained to the last guy (because they clearly keep no notes). I explain the entire story, again, and get the same, put on hold, and come back with the same generic answers for 45 minutes this time, not knowing anything about anything. I tell them I need to talk to a supervisor. I get the supervisor, who I have to explain the entire story all over again. Then, SHE starts the whole put on hold, and come back with vague answers, saying that she can't do anything, and finally, she says "ok. I'll submit this to our invoice team, and explain that you do not need the other items repaired, and that you see that others have had 1 service hour quoted, and you have 2".
04/06 - I get an email back from the supervisor:
"Upon checking and coordinating with our specific department, 2 hours is the standard service for most repairs and we already added a discount on the cost of the motor arm and frame should be $30 but it will only cost you $23.
   Please check this link for further reference about the pricing of the parts:
  https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery"
I replied with examples of other customer invoices I copied from these forums. Each had a ton of other repairs, including everything listed in mine plus more, where they were only quoted 1 hour of service charge. And, explained to her that after looking at the link SHE PROVIDED ME (above), it even shows ON THERE that it is 1 hour of service charge for Mavic gimbal repairs. I also cc'd support@DJI.com as well as legal@DJI.com in the reply email.
04/07 - No response.
04/08 - No response. I send a follow up email to all included in my previous response.
04/09 - Someone from the support@DJI.com email address replies back with the same generic "we are sorry you are having troubles with this order, we will be sure the correct dept. gets this info. and helps you...."
04/10 - No response. I call back again. 67 people in queue!!! No way, I don't have time for that.... I send another follow up email to all from before.
04/11 - No response. 9:00am - I called back AGAIN. Wait in a half hour in a 20 person queue. Get someone that I have to explain the entire scenerio again to over about another 20 minutes. He tells me he's transferring me to a supervisor. I get the supervisor. After another 15 minutes of going through the same as above, she tells me that she will be calling over to the invoice dept and straightening everything out, and that she will call me right back. I asked her SPECIFICALLY "what time will you contact me back by?" No later than 10:00am, your time.
2:00pm - no response, no call back.
I call back AGAIN, and sit AGAIN in a 30-something person queue. Get another rep. Tell him to look at my case. They had some notes for once!!! Praise the lord!! I ask why this supervisor never called me back. He says he is going to get a supervisor for me. After waiting 10 minutes, he comes back, and tells me that he has a superviosr, and he is transferring me over to them. I get put BACK in ANOTHER 12 person queue.... And now I sit, waiting in the endless DJI queue, with all the other unfortunate souls, who will no doubt end up with the same bs answers and service I have received....
Absolutely unreal!! DJI get your sh!t together! This is ridiculous!

2017-4-11
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

After 2 and a half hours on hold, I FINALLY get a supervisor, who tells me that he is going to contact the invoice dept and have them remove the additional repair items I told them 10 different times I I didn't need to be repaired. I am still to be required to pay for all of the other repairs, and no compensation for the run around, lies, and time wasting I went through. Thanks, DJI!!!
2017-4-11
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

I spoke too soon... I was actually still on the phone with them when I posted that last message... Turns out the total call time was 3 hours and 10 minutes! 2 and a half of that was sitting on hold. After that call, the supervisor tells me that he got a hold of the invoice dept. and that it will be another 24-48 hours till I receive a revised invoice, showing just the items that I originally requested to be repaired, and the 1 hour of service charge for just the gimbal overload fix (that it shows on DJI's website as the standard charge). He said there will be no compensation, and I will have to wait for my drone to be "repaired". After telling him that is ridiculous, he tells me that he will put in a request (but made sure to mention it was not guaranteed) to have them send me a refurb, even though after looking on this forum, it seems that most, if not ALL Mavics just get a refurb sent out.... So, another words, no compensation at all, and more waiting/hoping I get this back in time for an upcoming trip to Colorado that I only booked to drone and do photography...
2017-4-11
Use props
fansd18029f1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83848 ft
United States

Wow. I just sent in my drone for the exact same problem and now I'm super worried that I'm going to have the same experience. That sucks and I haven't seen any positive feedback yet. I mean I get they might be understaffed...but if I'm paying 1000 bucks for a drone...I want top notch service, and that's NOT it.
2017-4-11
Use props
fanse884daf4
New
Brazil

Hi guys
I was reading everything and Im really really disappointed with DJI MAVIC PRO customer service.
YOU GUYS NEED TO BE TRANSPARENT with US ( CLIENTS ).

When DJI say at the website, its going to take 1 business day for each step, THEY ARE LYING in your face, its gonna take maybe 3-4 days.
and when they say its going to take 3-4 business day to REPAIR, THEY ARE LYING AGAIN, its going to take maybe 15 business day

My drone is sitting at DJI facility for more than 10 business days and still no repair.
Thats my case below, just check the dates to see for yourself CAS-510201-J1J1S7

I also try to explain in the chat, since the beginning, that Im not from US and I would be leaving the US on april 15 (more than a month since my case was accepted). I ask if they could rush just a little so I could grab my drone. Never got a solid answer about that and Im going to lose my drone.

Thanks DJI
Great job

2017-4-11
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

fanse884daf4 Posted at 2017-4-11 14:34
Hi guys
I was reading everything and Im really really disappointed with DJI MAVIC PRO customer service.

Just for craps and giggles, i looked at your case... Its in the same 'step' as mine.  Mine hit repaired, fly test... stuck in QA... been that way since the 4th.  I sent mine in on the 21st.
2017-4-11
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

Insanely ridiculous... Just as fansd18029f1 said above, when I pay $1,000 for a product I expect top notch service... As you can see from my experience, and many others on this forum, the service you receive is anything but.... And yeah, being understaffed is not my problem, and should NEVER be used as an excuse as to why a company cannot stick to given timeframes.
2017-4-11
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

Annnnd, they change my subject name for this thread, and don't even bother addressing the many issues I had with them. Wow!
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

That must have been frustrating for you, if I were in your position, I would feel just as you do, sincerely apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing, we'd love to try our best to get you up and running again soon.
I have relayed your concerns to management in your area and at headquarters, we keep following up it for you recently.
Also thank you for sharing your experience on social media, which provides us motivation to improve to make your experience with us better.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansd18029f1 Posted at 2017-4-11 14:25
Wow. I just sent in my drone for the exact same problem and now I'm super worried that I'm going to have the same experience. That sucks and I haven't seen any positive feedback yet. I mean I get they might be understaffed...but if I'm paying 1000 bucks for a drone...I want top notch service, and that's NOT it.

Could you please leave me your case number? I'm glad to help you follow up the status. Thank you.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse884daf4 Posted at 2017-4-11 14:34
Hi guys

I do understand how you feel, I regret the pain you’ve been inflicted.
Your case has been reported to the local repair team, will look into it soon and help you get an update.
Deeply sorry that you might not receive the drone before leaving US on 15th April, we'll try out best to see what we can to make you feel better.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-4-11 15:00
Just for craps and giggles, i looked at your case... Its in the same 'step' as mine.  Mine hit repaired, fly test... stuck in QA... been that way since the 4th.  I sent mine in on the 21st.

I sympathize with your disappointment, I've informed the designated team to take care of it soon for you, hope we would resolve it shortly so you can get it back to fly. Appreciate your patience.
2017-4-11
Use props
fansd18029f1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-11 19:20
Could you please leave me your case number? I'm glad to help you follow up the status. Thank you.

CAS-554273-P2Z8B0
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thank you, I just checked your case, it's delivered 10th April, it takes a few business days to check in and update the system, no worries, I'll keep an eye on the status for you as well.
2017-4-12
Use props
fansedde12cd
New

United States

CAS-519332-Q0Y7G3
Please let me know info mines
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansedde12cd Posted at 2017-4-12 01:27
CAS-519332-Q0Y7G3
Please let me know info mines

I just checked your case, "flight tested" has been done, it's under process, we will send you an e-mail once it's shipped out, hope you would receive it soon.
2017-4-12
Use props
fansd18029f1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-12 01:20
Thank you, I just checked your case, it's delivered 10th April, it takes a few business days to check in and update the system, no worries, I'll keep an eye on the status for you as well.

Thank you so much!
2017-4-12
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

The saga continues....
I hear back from someone from what sounded like corporate  yesterday 4/12. He said that he was going to put through the invoice with the parts and second hour that I requested from the beginning taken off. He said I will receive this within a couple hours, at 2:00pm. I heard nothing back. He also said that after I paid the invoice, he was going to try to get me a new Mavic sent out, and expedited to send this week, as I have a trip coming up that I need this for... I hear nothing back. I have yet to have anyone follow up with anything that they said, or have a revised invoice I have been promised, since 04/06. 7 DAYS!!
2017-4-12
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

Oh, and, he said that he was going to send me an email right after the call, so I had his contact information.... No email....
2017-4-12
Use props
alaskaphotograp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106617 ft
United States

Any luck yet? They're still sitting on my Inspire 2 Premium Combo....  Day 9 of them having it without even looking at it. That's not acceptable when you pay that much for a product.
2017-4-13
Use props
alaskaphotograp
lvl.1
United States

Early today I got someone on the phone, they said they'd move things along. I just looked up my cause and it's progressed in the system at least.
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

bcjkdem1 Posted at 2017-4-12 21:28
Oh, and, he said that he was going to send me an email right after the call, so I had his contact information.... No email....

The unit has been shipped out, wish you would receive it and get it back to fly shortly.
We deeply sorry for all the trouble you experienced, and thanks for sharing your story here, we care much  about customer satisfaction and working hard to improve.
Happy flying!
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

alaskaphotograp Posted at 2017-4-13 17:00
Early today I got someone on the phone, they said they'd move things along. I just looked up my cause and it's progressed in the system at least.

We called you but no answer for some reasons, then left you a voicemail and sent you an e-mail as well. We're trying our best to help you get it sorted out shortly, appreciate your patience.
Besides, we replied your original thread, please follow up there, thanks.
2017-4-13
Use props
alaskaphotograp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-13 19:31
We called you but no answer for some reasons, then left you a voicemail and sent you an e-mail as well. We're trying our best to help you get it sorted out shortly, appreciate your patience.
Besides, we replied your original thread, please follow up there, thanks.

Sorry I operate in an environment where I can be hundreds of miles out of cell service or the nearest town. There's a reason I've never requested a phone call... It's not a reliable way to reach me. I always reach out via e-mail or chat or some text based system. I still haven't been notified of a voicemail by my phone. Not to say you didn't leave one, but that's how faulty phone can be in my scenario. I'm sorry you don't wish your customers to find solace with each other when they're left hanging. I wasn't asking for your solutions on this thread, it was simply telling another person, "you're not alone and this really sucks. I know your pain. Someone has empathy." Cause your response are often lacking that. I'll keep to my own thread now as it appears my case it moving along.
2017-4-14
Use props
fansd18029f1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-11 19:20

Hey I just recently got approved for a replacement drone. I've paid and everything...when should I expect my new drone to be shipped out to me?
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansd18029f1 Posted at 2017-4-20 09:00
Hey I just recently got approved for a replacement drone. I've paid and everything...when should I expect my new drone to be shipped out to me?

I saw your payment has been confirmed, it's under process, we will send you an e-mail with the tracking number once it's shipped out.
2017-4-20
Use props
fansd18029f1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-20 19:30
I saw your payment has been confirmed, it's under process, we will send you an e-mail with the tracking number once it's shipped out.

Great thank you so much!
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

My pleasure, hope it would be shipped out soon.
2017-4-21
Use props
fansd18029f1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-21 03:19
My pleasure, hope it would be shipped out soon.

Hopefully this will be the last time I bother you my drone was suppose to be shipped out several days ago and I still have not gotten any notification of it being shipped.  Could you possibly check on that for me?
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansd18029f1 Posted at 2017-4-27 08:01
Hopefully this will be the last time I bother you my drone was suppose to be shipped out several days ago and I still have not gotten any notification of it being shipped.  Could you possibly check on that for me?

I checked your case, it has not been shipped out, sorry about that.
I informed the local logistics department to ship it to you soon.
2017-4-29
Use props
fanse884daf4
New
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-11 19:29
I do understand how you feel, I regret the pain you’ve been inflicted.
Your case has been reported to the local repair team, will look into it soon and help you get an update.
Deeply sorry that you might not receive the drone before leaving US on 15th April, we'll try out best to see what we can to make you feel better.

thanks DJI I got the drone back but with no memory card. my case to receive it CAS-602427-K6S7F8
my sister is going to canada for business trip during may 14-17. If you guys could please send the memory card before that time it would be awesome!
Thanks
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse884daf4 Posted at 2017-5-8 08:49
thanks DJI I got the drone back but with no memory card. my case to receive it CAS-602427-K6S7F8
my sister is going to canada for business trip during may 14-17. If you guys could please send the memory card before that time it would be awesome!
Thanks

I checked the case status, our supervisor called you back and said the SD card would be shipped out within 2 days, please keep an eye on it, should you have any further problems, please feel free to let me know, I'll try my best to help you.
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules