754 7 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

To DJI Moderators,

I have been experiencing Strange behavior with the Go4 app since v4.0.5 Android and Apple ios v4.0.6
When I go to calibrate RC control Sticks within the Go4 app -- when in the calibrate screen with all sticks in the Neutral position it states 0% on all directions and Centered as soon as I press start calibration the Right Stick reading jumps to 2% for right yaw direction and 2% for the down backwards direction --- I proceed to do the calibration it completes successfully but now the settings for the Right Stick show the 2% offset for the directions mentioned above, If I go and Fly without shutting down and restarting the Go4 app the Mavic Drifts to the Right an Backwards when in Hover -- If I shut down the Go4 app and restart it and go back to the RC Stick calibration screen with the Sticks in the Neutral position it show's zero 0% on all Stick positions again , now without calibrating the RC Sticks I go and Fly the Mavic again with no drift at all in any direction while in hover . I thought it my get cleared up with the next Go4 update now there has been an upgrade to the Go4 app for Android and ios  --  I'm still experiencing the same behavior.
I tried to remedy this action by uninstalling the Go4 app an cleaning all data on my devices then reinstalling to no avail.
It's not much of a problem for me because I found a way to work around it. I'm also wondering if I'm the only one with this issue -- I've not seen any post's on this subject.
Also noticed this started after FW upgrade .0550 and still present with FW upgrade .0600
My devices --- Shield K1, I know it's not supported or recommended
                     Apple iphone 6 Plus that is recommended and supported -- When I did a clean reinstall of Go4 to the iphone, I turned off my Android device to eliminate any chance of
Data syncing that can cause the clean install to get skewed on the iphone but it didn't matter it still did the same thing.   

Thanks in advance .               

SOLVED -- found to be Faulty Controller DJI is going to Repair or Replace  
2017-4-12
Use props
fanse2ed93c5
New

El Salvador

Same thing happened to me and, I did an IMU calibration and get well, but in the first flight after, I lost image during flight, the poor reception signal turn red and blinking, happily RTH it was well and land nicely..I'm afraid to flight again until the company takes a position around the last update and shows to having control about what's happening w/software w/Androids devices
2017-4-12
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

fanse2ed93c5 Posted at 2017-4-12 07:15
Same thing happened to me and, I did an IMU calibration and get well, but in the first flight after, I lost image during flight, the poor reception signal turn red and blinking, happily RTH it was well and land nicely..I'm afraid to flight again until the company takes a position around the last update and shows to having control about what's happening w/software w/Androids devices

fans,

The Mavic's IMU is not the problem --- My IMU settings are perfect and the calibration operation works.
The problem I am having only affects the remote control Stick calibration only if I don't shutdown
the Go4 app after recalibrating them.
       What I'm trying to say is that the Go4 app zero's out the control Sticks when it is first booted up
defeating the purpose of Stick calibration altogether .
This is how Go4 is working on my Apple and Android devices since v4.0.5 Android and Apple ios v4.0.6
and is still operating the same way with the latest FW .0600 and latest Go4 app update.

2017-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-12 11:10
fans,

The Mavic's IMU is not the problem --- My IMU settings are perfect and the calibration operation works.

Could you please use a screen recording app to make a short video of the calibration issue?
I'll help to report this to our engineers.
Besides, please make sure the firmware was up to date.
2017-4-13
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-13 02:11
Could you please use a screen recording app to make a short video of the calibration issue?
I'll help to report this to our engineers.
Besides, please make sure the firmware was up to date.

Mindy ,
          I have downloaded an installed 3 different screen recording apps, all caused the message popup when I try to record the Go4 RC Stick calibration stating -- FAILED TO SEND COMAND TRY AGAIN LATER --
This popup does not appear when I'm not doing a screen recording of it ( go figure) but the issue I'm experiencing is intermittently still happening when I shut down the GO4 app or power down my Devices then power them back up and run the GO4 app --- I thought the issue cleared up with my ios device but it is still intermittently happening with it also-- here's the video I hope this help's
Thank You

2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-13 16:23
Mindy ,
          I have downloaded an installed 3 different screen recording apps, all caused the message popup when I try to record the Go4 RC Stick calibration stating -- FAILED TO SEND COMAND TRY AGAIN LATER --
This popup does not appear when I'm not doing a screen recording of it ( go figure) but the issue I'm experiencing is intermittently still happening when I shut down the GO4 app or power down my Devices then power them back up and run the GO4 app --- I thought the issue cleared up with my ios device but it is still intermittently happening with it also-- here's the video I hope this help's

Thank you for your cooperation.
It's probably a faulty controller. For your flight safety, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
2017-4-14
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-14 03:00
Thank you for your cooperation.
It's probably a faulty controller. For your flight safety, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.

Mindy ,
           Thank You -- I really appreciate you justifying this issue ---- I have already placed an order for a second New controller and I'm gonna keep this one and maybe Modify it or fix it myself --- I'm fully aware as you are now and I'll take full responsibility if any thing should happen due to this issue , after all I've been flying my Mavic like this for sometime now by compensating for the drift that it sometimes cause's .
Thank You again     
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-14 03:49
Mindy ,
           Thank You -- I really appreciate you justifying this issue ---- I have already placed an order for a second New controller and I'm gonna keep this one and maybe Modify it or fix it myself --- I'm fully aware as you are now and I'll take full responsibility if any thing should happen due to this issue , after all I've been flying my Mavic like this for sometime now by compensating for the drift that it sometimes cause's .
Thank You again

No problem. If there's anything I can help, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules