how to add an additional camera to matrice 600
3394 5 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2703a271
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136086 ft

United States

I am thinking to add an additional camera, like thermal camera, on to matrice 600, and can be real-time monitored with DJI GO APP on iPad.I have seen some people connect to a go pro and make it works with lightbridge setup but it does not present much detail.

Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks

2017-4-12
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi,
it will work because the LB2 has a hdmi in, so connect the second camera to that and run both through the Go app, just use the ExT/ LB slider to hop between one or the other. Better still get a second controller and have one for each camera output. Thats what I do but second camera will need to be fixed or independent gimbal.

Hope that helps

Ricci
2017-4-12
Use props
fans2703a271
lvl.2

United States

Yes, I made it work. Thanks guys.
2017-4-14
Use props
zzz
lvl.2

United States

I am new to this expansion kit, and still wondering if we need to buy it. So what it specifically can do with m600 for what kind of jobs?

I only find some video that simply on/off the LED light and small run motors which doesn't make much sense.

Can anyone points out some practical applications the expansion kit can do?

Thanks.
2017-8-23
Use props
fans10fc93e4
New

Peru

Hello, I'm trying to do the same thing with my matrice 600, is the LB2 the only way?  Do you know another way of doing it?
2017-11-14
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

zzz Posted at 2017-8-23 09:13
I am new to this expansion kit, and still wondering if we need to buy it. So what it specifically can do with m600 for what kind of jobs?

I only find some video that simply on/off the LED light and small run motors which doesn't make much sense.

The expansion kit will allow you to turn strobe lights on or off, work servos that control different things, control a three-axis gimbal for an additional camera like the FLIR VUE Pro, control a release hook to drop items to stranded people. You can think up a lot of uses. If you don't want to do any of those things then the expansion kit is not needed. The other issue I have had since installing the kit was the issue of using a second POV camera. Before the kit was installed I could use a 10' HDMI cable and plug it into a 24" monitor and view the second camera on the external monitor while watching the DJI camera on the Ipad. Unfortunately, that option was lost after installing the kit. I can only see one or the other camera on the two devices but not both at the same time. DJI has still not fixed the issue and I don't know if they can.
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules