Heliports with no phone number/inactive number
982 10 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattgrif
New
United States

Hello, I am trying to do everything completely legal following the FAA Part 107 regulations. I am finding it hard to contact some of the Heliports in my area. I was able to get in touch with the airport operator for a number of our air fields in the Indianapolis area; however there are two heliports I've tried contacting that I am unable to get ahold of or find contact information for.

The first one is Mikelsons - which upon digging found out some cool history on the family that lives in the home with their own private helipad. The number for this is no longer in service. Check out this wiki for the cool info - feeling honored to live within 5 miles of this home! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._George_Mikelsons

The second one is for Rider Private - this is another privately owned Helipad that is just a parking lot from the looks of it. I can't find a phone number listed on Airmap.

The third one is Fort Benjamin Harrison Helipad - again no number listed on Airmap.

Any suggestions on how to follow FAA regulations and contact the operators of these helipad's?
2017-4-12
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

for Fort Benjamin look here, http://www.airport-data.com/airport/91I/#operation

do you have the airport identifier number for the others?
2017-4-12
Use props
mattgrif
New
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-12 09:56
for Fort Benjamin look here, http://www.airport-data.com/airport/91I/#operation

do you have the airport identifier number for the others?

So looking over that link under remarks I see it says it is abandoned - does this mean there is no one to notify? I don't see any other contact phone numbers aside from the FSS number.

As for identifiers I do not see one listed on the Airmap on KnowBeforeYouFly.org - is there somewhere else I can look these up?
2017-4-12
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The FAA mobile app, B4UFLY, has an airfield lookup capability that will provide the Airfield Identifier.

You can then take the Airport ID to one of many sites to get the initial contact info. The FAA airport database is located at this link -> FAA NFDC Airport Database, you must enter 3 or 4 character Airport ID

B4UFLY identifies your airports/heliports as:

Fort Benjamin Harrison Helipad = 91I
Mikelsons = 42IN
Rider Private  = 7II1

Using the NFDC, you normally look for the CONTACTS tab/link for the phone number. The database shows:

Fort Benjamin Harrison Helipad = 91I -> 317-542-3303 (CONTACTS did not include phone #, it was on the remarks page instead)
Mikelsons = 42IN -> 317-240-7002
Rider Private  = 7II1-> 317-849-8820

As a secondary site, you may also use AirNav using this link -> AirNav Airport Data website
2017-4-12
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

mattgrif Posted at 2017-4-12 10:20
So looking over that link under remarks I see it says it is abandoned - does this mean there is no one to notify? I don't see any other contact phone numbers aside from the FSS number.

As for identifiers I do not see one listed on the Airmap on KnowBeforeYouFly.org - is there somewhere else I can look these up?

Is this the number you contacted?

GEORGE MIKELSONS
6969 WEST 79TH ST
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46278
Phone 317-240-7002
2017-4-12
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

mattgrif Posted at 2017-4-12 10:20

And this one?

STEVEN C. RIDER
8521 MASTERS ROAD
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46250
Phone 317-849-8820
2017-4-12
Use props
mattgrif
New
United States

Thanks for all the responses! I now know more on how to hunt for these numbers.

However the 317-240-1002 number is no longer in service so I still don't know how to contact that private helipad.
2017-4-12
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

mattgrif Posted at 2017-4-12 10:27

However the 317-240-1002 number is no longer in service so I still don't know how to contact that private helipad.

If I were you Id keep a note pad or a log in you phone of date and time and phone # you tried to contact and if there was an answer, who you spoke with and if not if you left a message or if the phone number is no longer in service. that way you have trace that you did try to reach out.
2017-4-12
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

mattgrif Posted at 2017-4-12 10:27

Agree with FrequentFlyer, Mikelsons appears to be a private residence (with grass Heliport) that was listed for sale in 3/2016 but removed from the market 3/15/2017 - > Zillow information on 6969 W 79th St,  Indianapolis, IN 46278
2017-4-12
Use props
mattgrif
New
United States

Alright - to continue this discussion. Has anyone else ran into Helipad's that show as the Management Company was dissolved over 2 decades ago?

There are two helipads I am trying to contact
ROTO-WHIRL/VANTAGE - 0IN8
ROTO-WHIRL/HOLIDAY - 0IN7

The Ownership is listed as Roto-Whirl, Inc for 0IN8 which shows inactive in 1995. The owner for 0IN7 is listed as Parker Air Corp, which also went inactive in 1995. The registered members of these sole proprietorship are the same with a registered agent of Robert Parker.

I tried contacting the numbers listed for this organization and it goes to another company who had no idea what I was talking about.
2017-4-17
Use props
Hauptmann2200
New
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-12 10:33
If I were you Id keep a note pad or a log in you phone of date and time and phone # you tried to contact and if there was an answer, who you spoke with and if not if you left a message or if the phone number is no longer in service. that way you have trace that you did try to reach out.

I'm having the same issue with a private strip in Ft. Worth, TX.   Thanks for your input.  Your advice will keep me out of trouble.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules