Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Push to tighten Australian Laws
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

This is on the News today.

There seems to be a push to restrict UAV flying. It seems those breaking the current rules are the catalyst. Probably some envy and fear of the unknown mixed in.

This is the earlier article
2017-4-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

O'Sullivan, an acknowledged idiot from Queensland, say no more. The surprise is that Xenophon chimed in, I thought he had more sense.
2017-4-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I view this issue as something that cannot - should not - be managed using brute force techniques. Regulatory agencies and politicians cannot stop the growing proliferation of drones as offerings increase and their price points drop. It is a much more successful strategy to put reasonable boundaries on their use, and then to educate the community as to those boundaries. CASA currently include their guidelines in Australian-delivered DJI products. Similarly, WallMart, Best Buy, Harvey Norman, JB HiFi etc need to take responsibility also by providing those guidelines at point-of-sale for other brands which don't do this in their packaging.

Vote One - Punchbuggy. I'll put in place reasonable-use boundaries across all nations for educated and aware drone owners - oh, and de-escalate North Korean-Chinese-Russian-US tension. And find a way for dogs and cats to live together in peace.
2017-4-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-12 18:14
O'Sullivan, an acknowledged idiot from Queensland, say no more. The surprise is that Xenophon chimed in, I thought he had more sense.

I have to agree about Xenophon, but he seems to be doing this more and more of recent times. He must be running out of 'real' issues which can give him and his party more of a national profile.
2017-4-12
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

But it's things like this which fuel the case against.

and although a complete fake ...

2017-4-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-12 18:14

Nick X already tried this last year:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016- ... drone-rules/7908070
He was approached by the licensed operators who were scared of competition from unlicensed <2kg operators and convinced Nick it was a serious safety issue.
Nick didn't really know what it as about and seemed to think that CASA had just dropped all rules for drones.
CASA stood their ground and defended their policy and Nick dropped it a few weeks later.
So now he's back again?
2017-4-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-12 20:02
Nick X already tried this last year:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016- ... drone-rules/7908070
He was approached by the licensed operators who were scared of competition from unlicensed

Candle in the wind.
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules