Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Locking camera tilt?
2720 6 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Troyus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello all. I'm trying to stop the X3 auto stabilising on the inspire 1. I'd like for the camera to roll with the drone when it banks. Haven't been able to so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Troy
2017-4-12
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Put the camera in FPV and it will move with the aircraft .  Just fire up the entire system then go to "Gimbal Settings" and change  from Follow to FPV. OR on the main page of Go App on the far left of the main screen  below the "Auto land" feature  and above the "RTH button" you will see an "Arrow" symbol , when you tap on that you will get the same option as the gimbal settings  ( just a quicker way to get to them )   AND A RESET icon to return the camera to forward facing .   Like I said put it in FPV lock and it will follow the movements of the AC .  

donnie
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Try Donnie's advice and let us know if you're still having issues.
2017-4-13
Use props
GraysonWyatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14167 ft
United States

Wondering whether it's possible to control gimbal roll on the Inspire cameras the way you can with the Ronin. I'd like to be able to shoot dutch angles from the air like in this film:
2017-4-13
Use props
Troyus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi thanks for your replies. I've realised that the camer still stays level when the drone is tilted by hand. It is only over ridden by inputs to the roll axis. So it is never really 'locked'. But I'm thinking the the drone is so responsive that it is hard to distinguish. This opens up a new problem for me though as It's while using goggles and the 'drone vr' app I'm hoping to do this. So ideally need to be able to tell the gyro to stop levelling while in follow mode. Cant use head tracking in fpv mode ironically. If anyone can confirm the above I'd be grateful. Or if there is a way to achieve what I'm looking for.

Thanks again
2017-4-14
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

GraysonWyatt Posted at 2017-4-13 20:48
Wondering whether it's possible to control gimbal roll on the Inspire cameras the way you can with the Ronin. I'd like to be able to shoot dutch angles from the air like in this film: https://vimeo.com/212131283

You can when flying dual operator, I have my slave RC set up so the right stick controls gimbal pitch and yaw and the left controls roll.

I don't think you can do it as a single operator... I could be wrong tho.
2017-4-14
Use props
Troyus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Worth noting that you can enable/disable synchronised gimbal pan follow (camera pans with left/right yaw input) which is what the camera is doing in fpv mode with roll. I want to control all 3 axis via head tracking, which I can but in the case of the roll axis it is always from a horizontal starting point. I would like the camera to bank with the drone if I don't tilt my head. I would settle for synchronised gimbal 'roll' follow if it were available and leave it in follow mode. Easy patch perhaps?  
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules