Right Stick doesn't centre
3324 9 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans81b7471c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I noticed since I purchased my Mavic that it had been drifitng slightly to the right.

After some investigation, I found that it was always when I moved my right joystick so I recalbrated everything and installed all the latest updates.

When I go into "Remote Controller Calibartion" the right joystick always sits at 5% to the right. I have to move it very slightly to the left to centre it. I've tried calibrating it many, many times. Each time it says succesfull, but always leave the joystick 5% to the right.

What can I do about this?  It makes me really nervous flying my Mavic.

Thanks
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify your current firmware version?
Is the firmware up to date?
2017-4-13
Use props
stupla
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

Yes, I've updated the lasted firmware. I didn't earlier today.

The app version is 4.0.7

The remote controller is Version 01.03.0600

Thanks
2017-4-13
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Does your Mavic drift while hovering (neutral sticks)?  If not, you're probably OK.
2017-4-13
Use props
stupla
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

It only drifts when I'm using the right stick.

So when I go forward, it drifts to the right. It's quite worrying.

2017-4-13
Use props
rockingsoul3577
New
Jamaica

I noticed a similar thing on my controller. I am using the latest app (4.0.7 (2860) and firmware (1.03.0600). The reason I noticed this was because, upon initially updating my Mavic Pro, I noticed that the drone was drifting, or rather, moving without any input commands. It would actually move in any direction (up, down, forward...). So I looked at the controller calibration and went through the process of trying to calibrate the controller. Now it always states the it is 3 or 4 % off to the right.

Also, I now notice that the drone is not as stable as it once was. When the drone is hovering even 3-4 feet off the ground, you can see the drone rocking a little even if there is very little/no wind. I think DJI needs to look at the firmware update again. I had no problems before this update.

Where can I download the DJI Assistant 2? Can I use this to downgrade the firmware back to a previous version?
2017-4-14
Use props
stupla
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Very much appreciated.

You can download the DJI Assistant 2 on the DJI Maivc page : http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

I did this.  I ran a full calibration on almost everything I could on the controller and the drone itself. Even though the calibration on the sticks still says it's 5% off on the right stick, when I had it out for testing yesterday it was a lot more stable.

Still not confident in the drone though. I've had a Phantom 4 and it's been so stable in the air compared with my Mavic.

I'm going out again today for more tests with it so will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

2017-4-15
Use props
NickeG-son
New
Flight distance : 40912 ft
Sweden

Hey! Mine is the same, but both my sticks is 7% to the left. Has anyone find a solution for this?

2017-5-24
Use props
fans19a95d9a
New
Flight distance : 669140 ft
Czechia

Hi,

has anyone found a solution for this? I am currently having the same problem. The Mavic turns to the right slowly but continuously without me touching the sticks. When starting the calibration, it shows a few % to the right. I assume calibration does not help for this, calibration does not deal with the center position (?) Anyway it did not help and it makes it impossible to make steady shots, time-lapses, etc.

Anoyne solved it?
2018-1-29
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

I've done all the calibrations and firmware current. For a couple weeks now, anytime I stop input my Mavic slides to the right a couple inches. Makes it hard to scoot up to a spot to get the picture you want. I have to move forward, stop, it slides to the right, and I have to move it double back to the left, cause it will slide to the right a bit after I've moved it left. Makes manually landing difficult also.Editing to add that, if i move the right stick forward just a hair, my Mavic slides slowly to the right instead of forward..
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules