Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans86892094
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91480450 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

Here's the issue i'm having with the Phantom 4:

3rd of April 2017 - I'm out on a remote island shooting...
  I was halfway around the island when my feed went blank... Praise the  Almighty, the RTH worked and a thousand intense heart beats later, the  drone was back in sight...
However the feed would become  intermittent... and when visuals were lost in the app, the recording  would stop too on the memory card...
It's good to note that this drone has never crashed. Plus it was always hand caught...
  Unfortunately I bought it while I was away on a trip to Reunion  Island... I got in touch with the shop there, but they told me I should  have someone bring it in... and that i can't send it to them by post.
So I'm sort of stuck with a non working drone...
  Do you guys think I should just order that $39 flex cable and change it  myself? (done that several times with some P3Pros... but never tried on  the P4.)
Any thoughts? Anybody had that issue before?
In any case I asked a pal to get me the Phantom 4 Pro from abroad... can't wait any longer...  Getting it on Monday - Yay.
Plus the Phantom 4 Advanced has just been announced.
Thanks,
Reuben
2017-4-13
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Best thing to do is send it in to DJI for repair.
2017-4-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First thing I would check is that the existing cable is seated properly, it may just have worked a bit loose.
2017-4-13
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

The best thing is to send it in but if you think you won't get warranty and have experience with repairing electronics I would check the connection as Aardvark said. The ribbon or cable slides into a socket and theirs a little Black locking Tab, be careful with the locking tab, the side furtherest from where the the ribbon inserts flips up to release the ribbon.
This isn't the ribbon connection in question but it's the same type so if you do decide to venture down this road then you know what your up against. Hope this Helps.

Cable Plug

Cable Plug
2017-4-13
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

Hi Mic75, Aardvark and Sprtbkrydr,

Many thanks for your input... yes I have contacted DJI online support and gave them the link to the video... they asked me to send it in.. and told me to send them an email and wait for instructions as to where I should send it... I did that and I'm waiting... if they do ask me to send it abroad... to them, then I think I will do like mic75 said, and open it up... I've seen one flex change video on youtube... it looks trickier than with the P3pros... But it still looks like the cheaper option...

Besides I was having other issues the day that happened... "Navegation error" (written exactly like that with an 'e' ) and it wouldn't fly... it was okay after several restarts... so it will probably good to send it in too... they have a official distributor here... let's hope they ask me to send it there...

I'll let you know how it worked out...

Thanks again!

2017-4-13
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

Hello,

Just to give you folks an update... DJI has responded and is telling that
1. My drone is still under warranty
2. It's a drone intended for the french market
3. The NL service center deals with french market products and that they will repair it for free there, but they can't accept shipment from out of france addresses, and cannot ship it back to same.
4. The HK service center will repair it but I will have to pay for it... that it is only when they receive the drone that they will tell me how much it will cost for repairs.
5. That they do not sell the DJI Flex cable separately to my country... neither can they send one to me so i can attempt repairs myself...

So I'm stuck with a problem on my P4 despite it being on warranty...

And worse I got myself a phantom 4 pro - and having issues with the gimbal on my first flight...

Check it out at 06:24 in the following vid:
2017-5-1
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

That sucks mate........... hope ya get it sorted

AND I'M NOT IN THE USA I'M IN ENGLAND

2017-5-1
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

Jcostello Posted at 2017-5-1 12:18
That sucks mate........... hope ya get it sorted

Thanks - I'm in Mauritius btw... a lot closer to you than USA :-)

Unfortunately the new issue i'm facing with the P4P seems inherent to the model, lots of people reporting it and lots of videos of this behaviour online - it's called Gimbal Flips mid air..

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/gimbal-flips-mid-air.104157/
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules