Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repair/replacement status
1862 29 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T4nkDr0id
lvl.1
United States

I sent my Mavic in to DJI on April 3rd for repair/replacement. UPS delivered it to DJI on Monday April 10th. I marked the box with 'Care Refresh Purchased', included all paperwork, etc.

Today is Thursday and it at still zero progress online. It doesn't even show as 'Received' yet. I need to get this thing back asap for an upcoming business shoot that I have. Is there any way to expedite this in any way? It seems like DJI's marketing for the Care Refresh program is a little misleading. I was under the impression that I would be taken care of in a timely manner. That is after all what we paid for, right? I know it's only been delivered for 3 days at this point, but that's 3 days of no activity on DJI's part.

If anyone from DJI could assist, I would appreciate it. My case is CAS-547950-R5V2F6.

Thank you.
2017-4-13
Use props
fans5f9367d4
lvl.1

United States

Mine has been gone for a month I paid for a replacement on April 1st and still no replacement I called dji today and they said the mavic pro is on back order
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the delay.
I have checked your case and it has been updated early today.
Hope everything goes well.  If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5f9367d4 Posted at 2017-4-13 16:45
Mine has been gone for a month I paid for a replacement on April 1st and still no replacement I called dji today and they said the mavic pro is on back order

Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to look into it.
2017-4-14
Use props
Badfish1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-14 00:27
We are sorry for the delay.
I have checked your case and it has been updated early today.
Hope everything goes well.  If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.

I just saw that too, thank you for letting me know.

Can you confirm what the other member asked about, stating that Mavics are on backorder?

Thank you again, I do appreciate it.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Badfish1 Posted at 2017-4-14 08:59
I just saw that too, thank you for letting me know.

Can you confirm what the other member asked about, stating that Mavics are on backorder?

Your aircraft was only received in today. It will take some time to move to the evaluation department and then a repair invoice sent to you. Then you either pay the invoice or respond saying you want to use Refresh, then you'll get sent another invoice for $79.
2017-4-14
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.3
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-14 09:12
Your aircraft was only received in today. It will take some time to move to the evaluation department and then a repair invoice sent to you. Then you either pay the invoice or respond saying you want to use Refresh, then you'll get sent another invoice for $79.

DJI Ken, I believe one of the main reasons the op said something about purchasing Care Refresh, is because on your main website, it clearly says, in BLACK AND WHITE, that you get priority repairs/warranty work if you bought Care Refresh... and that is clearly NOT what DJI is giving their Care Refresh customers... Thats quite possibly why the OP said it was misleading... Which I disagree with the op.  It's not just misleading, its a bold faced lie, and False Advertising.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-4-14 09:18
DJI Ken, I believe one of the main reasons the op said something about purchasing Care Refresh, is because on your main website, it clearly says, in BLACK AND WHITE, that you get priority repairs/warranty work if you bought Care Refresh... and that is clearly NOT what DJI is giving their Care Refresh customers... Thats quite possibly why the OP said it was misleading... Which I disagree with the op.  It's not just misleading, its a bold faced lie, and False Advertising.

Care Refresh DOES get priority, but your also have to understand that's there's tons of Refresh aircraft before you and you have to wait in the Refresh line.
2017-4-14
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-14 09:26
Care Refresh DOES get priority, but your also have to understand that's there's tons of Refresh aircraft before you and you have to wait in the Refresh line.

Then how come there's been cases of people having refresh, and others not, and more often than not, the ones without refresh gets their mavics back sooner?
2017-4-14
Use props
Skelator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 420062 ft
United States

Don't feel too bad. They've had my unit since the 21st of march and i still didn't get my replacement yet.
Infact it sat on the loading dock until they recieved it on the 29th

case number "CAS-502402-Z7J1Q3"
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-4-14 09:53
Then how come there's been cases of people having refresh, and others not, and more often than not, the ones without refresh gets their mavics back sooner?

Do you have case#'s and I can look into it.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Skelator Posted at 2017-4-14 10:02
Don't feel too bad. They've had my unit since the 21st of march and i still didn't get my replacement yet.

I'm sorry about that, I've escalated your case.
2017-4-14
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.3
United States

Skelator Posted at 2017-4-14 10:02

Wow.  "Please allow 1 working day".  That's insane.  That was on April 3rd too... Have you gotten the typical 'We are sorry for the delay' or the 'I'll escalate your case' yet?

I wouldn't give 2 craps if they just said, look, you won't have your mavic for a month.... but when they set the expectations that it'll be 10-14 days, and lie multiple times, that's where principal comes into play.  I feel for ya man.  Hope you get something going some time soon.
2017-4-14
Use props
Skelator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 420062 ft
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-4-14 10:33
Wow.  "Please allow 1 working day".  That's insane.  That was on April 3rd too... Have you gotten the typical 'We are sorry for the delay' or the 'I'll escalate your case' yet?

I wouldn't give 2 craps if they just said, look, you won't have your mavic for a month.... but when they set the expectations that it'll be 10-14 days, and lie multiple times, that's where principal comes into play.  I feel for ya man.  Hope you get something going some time soon.

I've gotten several i'll escalate your case responses. However nothing until just now. I got a conformation that my "repair" was finished.  I thought that to be funny as i didn't need a repair i needed a replacement.

With the drone being down for about a month i'm loosing money left and right. My youtube page has significantly lost revenue due to this extended waiting period. Not to mention all of the sh*t im getting for not being able to do drone videos for specific people.

Hopefully i'll have it back soon.
2017-4-14
Use props
Badfish1
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-14 09:26

Thank you.

I am OP, btw. I changed my username from T4nkDr0id yesterday.

Now, I just got the Service Quotation from DJI, and I'm again concerned. Per the online instructions (since I purchased the Fly More Combo), I sent my Mavic, battery, and RC. According to the quote that DJI emailed me, it specifically says 'excluding RC, battery, etc.'

Here is the quote:

Case No:        CAS-547950-R5V2F6
Use Insurance Type:        DJI Care Refresh
Quote Date:        04-14-17
Remarks:        Dear customer, you have purchased DJI Care Refresh. If you want to replace your aircraft under DJI Care Refresh, click "Pay". After the payment is confirmed, DJI will send a replacement aircraft to you. If you want to repair the aircraft, the cost of repair will be $309.00, according to DJI's damage assessment. Please contact DJI Support and get your repair quotation.

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Mavic Pro Aircraft&Gimbal(Excluding RC、Battery、Battery charger、Propellers、SD、AC canble)        1        696.00        696.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        79.00
Total Payment:                        79.00

So does this mean that I'm going to be sent a Mavic by itself and not have the RC to fly it with, and also be short a battery??? I really hope that's not what DJI is planning to do.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Badfish1 Posted at 2017-4-14 16:45
Thank you.

I am OP, btw. I changed my username from T4nkDr0id yesterday.

Hi, they will replace the aircraft and gimbal then ship them back with your battery and RC. Please don't worry about it.  
2017-4-15
Use props
Badfish1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-15 20:12
Hi, they will replace the aircraft and gimbal then ship them back with your battery and RC. Please don't worry about it.

Ok great, thank you very much.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Badfish1 Posted at 2017-4-17 08:07
Ok great, thank you very much.

If there's any issue about your case, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-18
Use props
Badfish1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-18 00:45
If there's any issue about your case, please feel free to let me know.

Hi Mindy.

On April 14 I paid $79 to use my Care Refresh coverage to replace my Mavic. Today is April 21 and the status (still) says 'Repaired and Tested'. This confuses and annoys me. I should not have gotten repair/testing done, I should have been sent a new Mavic.

According to the Service Quotation email I got from DJI, if I paid the $79 fee, I would be getting a replacement aircraft. I chatted with customer support on April 14 after making my $79 payment, and the representative told me that there is no guarantee that I would be getting a new drone as a replacement (after stating that I would be getting my aircraft repaired, not replaced), as you can see here:
According to what DJI's own website says, we should be getting new units:

Can you please confirm what is going on here? Am I getting a new Mavic or not?  Can you also let me know when it is being shipped out? I don't understand why there is any sort of delay between paying for a replacement, and having a replacement shipped out. I understand 1-2 days, but at this point it's been 3 business days with no update.
2017-4-21
Use props
Badfish1
lvl.1
United States

Badfish1 Posted at 2017-4-21 07:38
Hi Mindy.

On April 14 I paid $79 to use my Care Refresh coverage to replace my Mavic. Today is April 21 and the status (still) says 'Repaired and Tested'. This confuses and annoys me. I should not have gotten repair/testing done, I should have been sent a new Mavic.

Now it shows as replaced and that it is being shipped out, so I guess disregard the above quoted message. I'll follow up if I run into any issues, like no RC/battery, an old Mavic being sent in lieu of a new unit, etc.
2017-4-21
Use props
Badfish1
lvl.1
United States

Update:

I just chatted with DJI support. Here's how it went.

DJI (Ian Louis): upon checking on your case its on the process of quality asessment before it ship back toyou.
Me: what quality is there to assess if I'm getting a new Mavic? Does this mean then that I am not in fact getting a new unit, but a refurbished one?
DJI: yes even if its a new drone there making sure that averything is working fine and make sure that there is no manufacture defect\
Me: ok. weird. How will I know if it's a new Mavic when I get it if it's already opened up, etc.? They ship sealed from China.
Me: basically, how do I know if it's a new unit or not?

DJI: I dont have the access for that however i will put a note on your case regarding on your concern and they will keep you posted through email regarding on the instructions

So my concern remains the same. Am I getting a new unit or a refurb?

I don't want a refurbished unit. DJI specifically states on their site that DJI Care Refresh will get you a NEW unit if they don't/can't repair the damage.  Again, I do not want a refurbished unit sent to me. If you can't/don't fix MY Mavic, I want a new one sent to me. That's what your own website advertises you will get with DJI Care Refresh, and that's why I paid for the plan and paid the $79 'deductible' for replacement.

I understand refurbished units being sent to customers that don't have Care Refresh and want a replacement if a repair wouldn't work, but if you have Care Refresh, and especially if this is your first claim, you should be getting a NEW unit sent, as advertised.
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Badfish1 Posted at 2017-4-21 11:46
Update:

I just chatted with DJI support. Here's how it went.

Hi, please refer to the screenshot.
You will receive a unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability after paying the service charge specified in your DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement.
Please don't worry about it. If you have any further query about the replacement, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-22
Use props
Badfish1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-22 02:03
Hi, please refer to the screenshot.
You will receive a unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability after paying the service charge specified in your DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement.
Please don't worry about it. If you have any further query about the replacement, please feel free to let me know.

Apparently the mobile version (which is where my screenshot was from) of DJI's site says 'brand new aircraft', whereas the full version of the site only says 'new or equivalent'. Smh. Somebody in marketing should probably take care of that. It's false advertising.

Can you explain why everything is so slow? It shows that it was replaced on the 21st of April and was 'preparing for shipping'. Today is the 26th of April and as of now at 1245 Pacific (Carson) time, it still has not shipped. I just got an email today saying it has 'been tested and will be shipped within 2 business days', which contradicts what the online status says, which says 1 business day (which has already been 2). It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

If my Mavic was replaced on the 21st, shouldn't it have been A) replaced with something that has already been tested if it's not new; and B) shipped out already??? Everything seems to go so amazingly slow with DJI, I really don't understand it. It's very disheartening as a customer. Your products are outstanding but the customer service is atrocious. It's honestly the worst end-user experience I've ever had.
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Badfish1 Posted at 2017-4-26 11:52
Apparently the mobile version (which is where my screenshot was from) of DJI's site says 'brand new aircraft', whereas the full version of the site only says 'new or equivalent'. Smh. Somebody in marketing should probably take care of that. It's false advertising.

Can you explain why everything is so slow? It shows that it was replaced on the 21st of April and was 'preparing for shipping'. Today is the 26th of April and as of now at 1245 Pacific (Carson) time, it still has not shipped. I just got an email today saying it has 'been tested and will be shipped within 2 business days', which contradicts what the online status says, which says 1 business day (which has already been 2). It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Could you please provide me a screenshot of that? I'll help to report it.
I have checked your case again. It has been updated early today.
We sincerely apologize for the delay. I have brought this to the attention of our support team and will keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-4-26
Use props
Badfish1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-26 18:02
Could you please provide me a screenshot of that? I'll help to report it.
I have checked your case again. It has been updated early today.
We sincerely apologize for the delay. I have brought this to the attention of our support team and will keep you updated as soon as possible.

What would you like a screenshot of?
2017-4-27
Use props
Badfish1
lvl.1
United States

So I just got an email yesterday from DJI saying that it was replaced and will ship out in the next 48-72 hours. I got a voicemail saying it might get sent out as late as Monday, May 01, but will get sent with 2-day shipping.

DJI really needs to get their act together. If my Mavic really was replaced on April 21 like DJIs website says it was, there is no excuse at all for it now shipping back to me as late as Monday May 01. You, DJI, are either lying to customers about the replacement status, or the employees of your facility are so completely incompetent that they can't put a shipping label onto a box for over 1 week.

Being told every time I talk to customer service (via email, chat, or here) that it will ship out in 1-2 days, over and over again, is such a joke.

I am leaving on a business trip (which I actually need my Mavic for in order to film for a client) on Tuesday May 02. I need my Mavic to get to my house by 12pm EST by Tuesday May 02. I will be on this trip for 2 weeks and I won't be home to even take delivery of the package if it gets there when I'm gone.

DJI needs to make this right. I am so dissatisfied with your Refresh program and customer service that I doubt I will ever purchase another DJI product again.
2017-4-28
Use props
Badfish1
lvl.1
United States

Wow. Just wow. You guys screwed up again. Why am I not surprised?

Yesterday I talked to a DJI customer service agent over the phone (at around 415 PM PST). I explained everything above to the woman on the phone and was assured that she would take care of me. I explained that I would be out of town, etc. after May 02 and she said that they could change the shipping address if I knew where I would be. Since I will be in California at my office during this time, I provided my office address. She told me that she would also email me to get the address to confirm it all. I was also told again that it would be sent with a faster 2 day delivery. Fine.

438 PM PST (DJI/Carson time): I received said email from DJI asking for the new address. I replied at 435 PM PST with my California office address and assumed everything was good to go.
546 PM PST: I receive a shipping notification email from DJI with a UPS tracking number. Awesome, it shipped out finally.

So, I go to UPS' website and enter the tracking number. No information yet. Ok, that's normal. Usually a label is printed and then once it's picked up by the driver it gets officially put into the system. I'll just wait a little bit.

Check again later last night, and what do I find? Not only is DJI sending my Mavic to my house, it's getting sent 5-day with a delivery date of May 05.

SERIOUSLY DJI WTF????!?!?!?!??!??

YOU TOLD ME REPEATEDLY THAT IT WOULD SHIP OUT WITH 2 DAY SHIPPING AND THAT IT WOULD BE SENT TO MY BUSINESS ADDRESS BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY FAILED TO DO SO!!!!!!

YOU SENT IT OUT WITH A 5-DAY DELIVERY SPEED TO AN ADDRESS I TOLD YOU I WOULD NOT BE AT!!! I WON'T BE AT THAT ADDRESS FOR 2 WEEKS!!!!! PLUS, SINCE A SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED, I'M SCREWED AND WILL HAVE TO WAIT EVEN LONGER ONCE I GET BACK!!!!

Your attempts at customer service are pathetic. I will never purchase another product from you. What are you going to do to make me a happy customer? This is so unbelievably stupid. I regret ever spending a dime with you. The Mavic is an amazing drone, as are the rest, but your complete and utter failure at backing up and caring for your customers is just miserable.
2017-4-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I replied your new thread, sincerely apologize for the trouble you've caused. I totally understand your feelings, I would feel the same as you do if I were you.
I've brought this to the attention to the management to look into what happened and see what we can do for you to make you feel better.
Thank you so much for your support and patience!
2017-4-29
Use props
Badfish1
lvl.1
United States

Thank you Natalia. I truly do appreciate your response.
2017-4-30
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9413 ft
United States

Badfish1 Posted at 2017-4-29 10:31
Wow. Just wow. You guys screwed up again. Why am I not surprised?

Yesterday I talked to a DJI customer service agent over the phone (at around 415 PM PST). I explained everything above to the woman on the phone and was assured that she would take care of me. I explained that I would be out of town, etc. after May 02 and she said that they could change the shipping address if I knew where I would be. Since I will be in California at my office during this time, I provided my office address. She told me that she would also email me to get the address to confirm it all. I was also told again that it would be sent with a faster 2 day delivery. Fine.

This is exactly what they do.  In here and on Twitter, they will act like there's some special situation going on with your case and that they will handle it for you. They won't - you will just continue to wait until they decide to do what they want to do.  

I have been going around with them for more than a month now on my most recent manufacturer's defect issue - last time was more than a month too.  Since this is a manufacturer's defect, and since they failed to actually repair it last time, they've indicated that they were sending me a new Mavic free of charge and that I'd get it in about a week - again, this was a month ago. Well, after a month, it was supposed to ship this last Thurs... Then Friday... They Friday they told me probably Monday - of course I've been telling them the whole time that I was going out of town and getting constant reassurance that they'd take care of me (which of course they don't)...

Well, late last night, I got another update email from DJI indicating that Care Refresh was being used and there's a $79.99 balance. I am speechless... I really don't understand DJI's support - they really do seem to try to provide the worst service that they can each step of the way... I'm sure I will be banned for complaining before too much longer - they blocked me on Twitter simply for sharing this same information.  I'm seriously thinking about contacting a lawyer - I'm pretty sure there are consumer protection laws in place meant to prevent US operating companies from doing some of the very things that DJI does daily.

Good luck!
2017-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules