Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Case delay (Has been shipped)
1151 5 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bcjkdem1
Second Officer
United States

CAS-528225-D6T1K2
03/23 - Case opened for a gimbal overload error. No other issues, and the aircraft was flown on multiple occasions after the overload error, without any issues.
03/24 - Receive a shipping label after waiting 24 hours.
03/30 - DJI receives my Mavic Pro. When checking status, it shows that it is being assessed for damage estimate, and will take 1 business day.
04/04 - After not recieving any update as to the status of my assessment, I checked online to see the status. It still showed the same status. I contacted DJI’s online chat support and got the same broken English, copy and pasted answer to every question you ask, from multiple reps, and when each felt like they didn't want to chat anymore, all justed end the chat on me, without notice. I call in on the one, very hard to find phone #, and they all spit out those same generic answers of "we are sorry, but we are currently backed up on orders/repairs" (not my problem), and "your order/repair will be processed in the order it was received" (great, but stick to your given timeframes!). Then, to go further, when I continued to push them on the phone, the rep finally caved, and told me that they "would be submitting a request to have the repair process bypassed and a refurbished item sent out within the next 24 hours due to their current delays".
04/05 - 24 hours goes by, and I get a call back from a different person telling me "no, you will not be receiving a reburb, we will process your repair in the order it was received". When I ask to speak to a supervisor about why I was told one thing by the last rep and now this one is telling me the opposite, I get told that I can't speak to a supervisor/manager, and after pushing further, was told then told (very rudely) "I am the supervisor, there is no one else here for you to talk to". He then tells me that once the repair is complete (whenever that is, because of course, he can't give me an accurate timeframe), that they "upgraded" me to two day shipping..... I’m sorry, but two day shipping should be applied to EVERY $1,000 drone that is being shipped....
04/05 (later that day) - I receive my first repair invoice. It includes the following:
Back right motor arm, Middle Frame, Gimbal Control Board, and Gimbal Arm. For these 4 items, they are quoting me for 2 hours of service charge.
I call the support number back, and explain to them that I do not need anything fixed, besides the gimbal overload error, and that the aircraft was flown, on multiple occasions after the error, with absolutely no issues, and that after looking at other invoices posted by other customers on the DJI forum, I saw that EVERY SINGLE other person had a much longer list of items that needed to repaired, INCLUDING EVERYTHING on my list, and were only quoted for 1 service hour. The first rep puts me on hold for 10 minutes at a time, coming back to the call not answering my question, and after about a half hour of this, claims that he "can't hear me anymore", and hangs up. I call back, wait in the queue for another half hour, get back on the phone with someone else, who has no clue about anything I just explained to the last guy (because they clearly keep no notes). I explain the entire story, again, and get the same, put on hold, and come back with the same generic answers for 45 minutes this time, not knowing anything about anything. I tell them I need to talk to a supervisor. I get the supervisor, who I have to explain the entire story all over again. Then, SHE starts the whole put on hold, and come back with vague answers, saying that she can't do anything, and finally, she says "ok. I'll submit this to our invoice team, and explain that you do not need the other items repaired, and that you see that others have had 1 service hour quoted, and you have 2".
04/06 - I get an email back from the supervisor:
"Upon checking and coordinating with our specific department, 2 hours is the standard service for most repairs and we already added a discount on the cost of the motor arm and frame should be $30 but it will only cost you $23.
Please check this link for further reference about the pricing of the parts:
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery"
I replied with examples of other customer invoices I copied from these forums. Each had a ton of other repairs, including everything listed in mine plus more, where they were only quoted 1 hour of service charge. And, explained to her that after looking at the link SHE PROVIDED ME (above), it even shows ON THERE that it is 1 hour of service charge for Mavic gimbal repairs. I also cc'd support@DJI.com as well as legal@DJI.com in the reply email.
04/07 - No response.
04/08 - No response. I send a follow up email to all included in my previous response.
04/09 - Someone from the support@DJI.com email address replies back with the same generic "we are sorry you are having troubles with this order, we will be sure the correct dept. gets this info. and helps you...."
04/10 - No response. I call back again. 67 people in queue!!! No way, I don't have time for that.... I send another follow up email to all from before.
04/11 - No response.
9:00am - I called back AGAIN. Wait over a half hour in a 20 person queue. Get someone that I have to explain the entire scenario again to over about another 20 minutes. He tells me he's transferring me to a supervisor. I get the supervisor. After another 15 minutes of going through the same as above, she tells me that she will be calling over to the invoice dept and straightening everything out, and that she will call me right back. I asked her SPECIFICALLY "what time will you contact me back by? I have been told one time and get something else every step of the way." She responds “No later than 10:00am, your time”.
2:00pm, my time - no response, no call back.
I call back AGAIN, and sit AGAIN in a 30-something person queue. Get another rep. Tell him to look at my case. They had some notes for once!!! I ask why this supervisor never called me back. He says he is going to get a supervisor for me. After waiting 10 minutes, he comes back, and tells me that he has a supervisor, and he is transferring me over to them. I get put BACK in ANOTHER 12 person queue. I finally get through to another supervisor, after I had been on the call for 2 HOURS AND 35 MINUTES!
During the call with the supervisor, he tells me that he got a hold of the invoice dept. and that it will be another 24-48 hours till I receive a revised invoice, showing just the items that I originally requested to be repaired, and the 1 hour of service charge for just the gimbal overload fix (that it shows on DJI's website as the standard charge). He said there will be no compensation for all of the above that I went through, and I will have to wait for my drone to be "repaired". After telling him that is ridiculous, he tells me that he will put in a request (but made sure to mention it was not guaranteed) to have them send me a new or refurb unit, even though after looking on this forum, it seems that most, if not ALL Mavics repairs just get a new or refurb sent out to the customer....
So, another words, no compensation at all, and more waiting/hoping I get this drone back in time for an upcoming trip to Colorado that I only booked to use this drone...
The total call time for this last call was 3 hours and 10 minutes! 2 and a half of that was sitting on hold.
04/11 - DJI Natalia sent my issue to the regional people in charge/corporate (thanks, Natalia).
04/12 - 2:00 pm central - A guy calls me from a New Jersey number, and sounded like he was from corporate. He gives me the same response the the last 10 people I talked to gave me, except WITH A TIMEFRAME FOR ONCE. He says "I sent over a request to have the invoice fixed to only show the items you want/need repaired, and 1 hour sevice charge. They received it, and will be sending you over a revised invoice within 2 hours." He also said that I will recieve a 10% discount (woohoo!! **sarcasm**) for my troubles (not willingly, of course, and only after having to ask him what DJI is going to do to compensate me). He also said, to speed the process along he would be pushing for them to send me a new Mavic as a replacement (after my invoice is paid) and to have them ship it by the end of this week.... I double, and triple check with him to confirm what he just told me, and ask him to send me an email from his address, so I have his name and contact info, in case I needed to get back in touch with him (I was driving and couldn't take down his info). he promises me he will send out that email directly after the call... No response/email the rest of the day. No invoice....
04/13 - STILL no response, nor invoice!

I NEED THIS DRONE FOR A TRIP I HAVE COMING UP THAT WAS ONLY BOOKED SO I COULD USE THIS DRONE! SOMEBODY PLEASE GET ON THIS!!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

2017-4-13
Use props
bcjkdem1
Second Officer
United States

04/13 - I get back on the phone with another supervisor. He tells me that everything that the supervisor that I spoke to yesterday (supposedly named Lucas) was wrong. He got in touch with the invoice dept. (yet again). SAME BS RESPONSE - "You will receive a revised invoice within 24-48 hours". I asked if the 10% discount was going to be applied to the invoice. NO, it won't. I ask if I'm going to be receiving the new drone replacement and having it shipped by the end of the week, like this Lucas told me.... "I will have to check on that, and get back to you". I tell him to send back my unrepaired drone because of all of the runaround and LIES I have been told, every step of the way... "That will take 3-5 business days to be shipped back to you."  Over an hour and 30 minutes on the phone with this guy, and counting. I'm now on hold while he looks into something, YET AGAIN!

I need the contact information for someone at corporate that I can explain this situation to. I have never experienced service like this, and I will be filing a lawsuit, if it is not resolved today.
2017-4-13
Use props
Range30
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

You're very good at logging your experience with DJI Support. Good luck and hope they solve your problem ASAP. Great Post!!
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We sincerely apologize for the delay.
I have checked your case again and your aircraft has been shipped out early today.
Hope you will receive the aircraft very soon.
2017-4-13
Use props
bcjkdem1
Second Officer
United States

Nice job changing the name on the thread, yet again, DJI! I guess I am not allowed to name a post "The worst service experience ever"?.... Apparently, the long arm of anti-free speech extends to DJI forums, all the way from China.
2017-4-14
Use props
bcjkdem1
Second Officer
United States

Range30 Posted at 2017-4-13 17:01
You're very good at logging your experience with DJI Support. Good luck and hope they solve your problem ASAP. Great Post!!

Yes, Range30. Unfortunately, I learned early on in this experience, if you are going to get anywhere with DJI's service team after you have been repeatedly wronged, you need to take copious notes/logs... Enough to write a short story. Needless to say, after this experience, I will never be buying anything from DJI again.
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules