Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
*Introducing the Phantom 4 Advanced*
123Next >
13249 80 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Phantom 4 Advanced

VISIONARY INTELLIGENCE.
ELEVATED IMAGINATION.

banner1.jpg

An  uprated  camera is equipped with a 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor capable  of  shooting 4K/60fps video and Burst Mode stills at 14 fps.  The  FlightAutonomy system includes 5 vision sensors for 2-directions  of  obstacle sensing and forward-vision obstacle avoidance. The adoption  of  titanium alloy and magnesium alloy construction increases the  rigidity  of the airframe and reduces weight, making the Phantom 4  Advanced even  lighter than the Phantom 4.  

1-inch Image Sensor | Mechanical Shutter | Dual Coding | 4.3mi (7km) Long-range Control | 30-minute Flight Time

CAMERA WITH 1-INCH 20MP SENSOR

The  onboard  camera is equipped with a 1-inch 20-megapixel CMOS sensor. A  custom  engineered lens made up of eight elements is arranged in seven  groups. A  mechanical shutter is used to eliminate rolling shutter  distortion  which can occur when taking images of fast moving subjects or  when  flying at high speed. In effect, it is as powerful as many  traditional  ground cameras. More powerful video processing supports  H.264 4K videos  at 60fps or H.265 4K at 30fps, both with a 100Mbps  bitrate. Excellent  optical performance, sensors and processors ensure  everything is  captured with high dynamic range and more image detail  needed for  advanced post-production.

The  Phantom  4 Advanced's onboard camera is equipped with a 1-inch  20-megapixel  CMOS sensor. A custom engineered lens made up of eight  elements is  arranged in seven groups. The camera is as powerful as many  traditional  DSLRs.

Group 18.jpg

1-INCH 20-MEGAPIXEL CMOS

Sensor  size  is more important to image quality than the number of pixels  because a  larger sensor captures more information in every pixel,  improving  dynamic range, signal-to-noise ratio, and low light  performance. The  1-inch 20-megapixel CMOS sensor in the Phantom 4  Advanced is almost  four times the size of the Phantom 4's 1/2.3in  sensor. It uses larger  pixels and has a maximum ISO of 12800 as well as  increased contrast. It  is good enough for images to be used immediately,  while also capturing  enough detail for advanced post-processing.

Professional 4K Video
An  enhanced  video processing system allows video to be captured in cinema  and  production optimized DCI 4K/60 (4096 x 2160/60fps) at a bitrate  of  100Mbps, enabling you to get high-resolution slow motion shots.  The  Phantom 4 Advanced also supports the H.265 video codec  (maximum  resolution 4096X2160/30fps). For a given bitrate, H.265  doubles the  amount of image processing as H.264, resulting in  significantly enhanced  image quality. Recording in the high dynamic  range D-log mode makes the  most of this image data for color grading.

High-resolution Lens
The  resolution  and contrast of a lens is critical to image quality, because  only a  quality lens can capture sharp, vivid photos at high  resolutions. The  brand new Phantom 4 Advanced camera has an aerial  optimized F2.8  wide-angle lens with a 24mm equivalent focal length. It  features eight  elements – 2 aspherical – arranged in seven groups that  fit into a  smaller, more compact frame. Its images are consistently  detailed with  low distortion and low dispersion, ensuring that photos  and videos are  sharp and vivid. The MTF (Modulation Transfer Function)  results have  been made public, so people can get a better understanding  of lens  performance.

An MTF chart is used to measure the ability  of a  lens to reproduce contrast and resolve details. Low spatial  frequencies  reflect overall contrast, and high spatial frequencies  reflect  detailed resolution. Both are measured in LP/mm. Image Height  indicates  the distance of a given point on the lens from the center of  the  sensor. MTF 100% indicates perfect performance.

CAPTURE EVERY MOMENT

Aerial  imaging  is used not only to capture landscapes but also to bring about  new  perspectives, like when filming action scenes and documenting  motor  racing. Capturing objects moving at high speeds has always been  a  challenge for flying cameras using electronic shutters. Phantom  4  Advanced uses a mechanical shutter and a large-aperture prime lens.  A  mechanical shutter with a max speed of 1/2000s eliminates  rolling  shutter distortion which can occur when taking images of fast  moving  subjects or when flying at a high speed. The electronic shutter  has also  been improved with a max shutter speed of 1/8000 seconds, and a  new  Burst Mode capable of shooting 14 fps at 20 megapixels, all to  catch the  perfect moment.

5 Vision Sensors

Equipped  with  the FlightAutonomy system made up of 5 vision sensors,  dual-band  satellite positioning (GPS and GLONASS), ultrasonic  rangefinders and  redundant sensors, Phantom 4 Advanced is able to hover  precisely in  places without GPS and fly in complex environments. The  dual forward  vision sensors can see as far as 30m out in front, and  enable auto  brake, hover or detour in front of obstacles within  15-meter range.

REMOTE CONTROLLER WITH BUILT-IN SCREEN

Phantom  4  Advanced+ is equipped with the integrated upgraded Lightbridge  HD  video transmission system with a maximum video transmission range  of  4.3mi (7km).* A 5.5-inch 1080p screen integrated with the Phantom  4  Advanced+ offers 1000 cd/m2 of brightness, more than twice as bright  as  conventional smart devices, which means a visibility even in  bright  direct sunlight. A five-hour battery life makes the Phantom 4  Advanced+ a  complete aerial imaging solution. The built-in DJI GO 4 app  can allow  you to live stream, edit and share your aerial videos and  photos  instantly.
*Unobstructed, free of interference, when FCC compliant.

p4p_yk_en.jpg

INTELLIGENT FLIGHT

Draw
Draw  is  a brand new technology for waypoint control. Simply draw a route  on  screen and the Phantom 4 Advanced will move in that direction  while  keeping its altitude locked. This allows the pilot to focus on  camera  control and enables more complex shots. There are two Draw modes  that  can be used in different scenarios.

Forward: The aircraft follows the route at a constant speed with the camera facing in the direction of flight.
Free:  The  aircraft only moves along the route when instructed. In this mode,  the  camera can face in any direction during a flight.

ActiveTrack
Following  fast-moving  objects can be very challenging, but advanced image  recognition  algorithms used by the Phantom 4 Advanced allow it to  recognize and  track the object while keeping it in frame. This new  algorithm also  recognizes more subjects, from people to vehicles to  animals, and will  adjust its flight dynamics accordingly, ensuring  smoother shots.

Pilots can now choose between:
Trace – Follow behind or in front of a subject, avoiding obstacles automatically.
Profile – Fly alongside a subject at a variety of angles to get profile shots of the subject.
Spotlight – Keep the camera trained on a subject while the aircraft flies almost anywhere.

TapFly
Fly  in  any direction visible on-screen with a simple tap. Tap  anywhere  on-screen to smoothly adjust the direction of flight while  automatically  avoiding obstacles * and tap the screen again or use  control sticks to  change direction. A new AR route function shows the  aircraft’s real-time  flight direction for reference as its route is  adjusted. As it can be  difficult to control altitude, course, speed and  camera pitch  simultaneously using joysticks, TapFly Free allows a  pilot to set the  direction of flight, allowing them to turn the Phantom  4 Advanced or  tilt the gimbal as required without changing the  direction of flight. In  total, there are now two TapFly modes:

TapFly Forward – Tap to fly in the selected direction.
TapFly Free – Lock the forward direction of the Phantom without locking the camera direction allowing it to turn as it flies.

*Obstacle Avoidance is not available with TapFly Free.

Return to Home
In  its  Return to Home mode, the Phantom 4 Advanced can automatically  choose  the best route to return home depending on environmental  conditions. It  records its route as it flies, allowing it to return  along the same  route avoiding obstacles if the control signal is  disconnected.

Based  on its altitude at the time of  disconnection, the Phantom 4 Advanced  is also able to adjust its flight  path to avoid obstacles it has seen  during its flight. At takeoff, the  Phantom 4 Advanced will record the  scene below and compare its recording  with what it sees as it returns,  for more precise landing. It can also  detect the ground to see whether  there is a suitable spot for landing.  If any obstacles are found, or  there is water on the ground, it will  alert the pilot and hover at an  appropriate height, helping the aircraft  to land more safely.

Gesture Mode
Using  Gesture Mode,  selfies can be captured easily using a few gestures  without the remote  controller. Advanced computer vision technology  allows the Phantom 4  Advanced to take instructions through gestures.  The subject simply lifts  their arms when facing the camera and the  aircraft will recognize this  movement by locking on and placing the  subject in the center of the  frame. When ready for a photo, the subject  holds their arms out to  signal the aircraft. A three second countdown  will begin, giving time to  strike a pose, allowing moments to be  captured without the remote  control.

FLIGHT PERFORMANCE

Flight Modes
Different  productions  require different flight characteristics, and the Phantom 4  Advanced  offers three modes for flight: P, A and S. In Position Mode,  TapFly,  ActiveTrack, obstacle sensing and positioning features are  available.  Sport Mode adds extra agility and higher speed, reaching  45mph (72kph).  Atti Mode switches off satellite stabilization and holds  the Phantom 4  Advanced’s altitude. It is ideal for experienced pilots  looking to  capture smoother footage. Tripod Mode, which limits speed to  4mph  (7kph) provides precision control for fine framing and indoor  flying.

Sensor Redundancy
The  Phantom 4 Advanced  features dual compass modules and dual IMU units,  making it more  reliable. Compasses and IMUs are important sensors to  ensure a stable  flight and the Phantom 4 Advanced constantly compares  the data it  receives through both pairs. This data is run through  advanced  algorithms to check accuracy and any inaccurate data is simply  discarded  without affecting flight, keeping flight steady and  reliable.

INTELLIGENT BATTERIES

Professional  aerial  imaging benefits from longer flight times. The Phantom 4  Advanced has a  maximum flight time of 30 minutes, providing more time in  the air to  capture the perfect shot. The DJI GO 4 app shows battery  lifetime and  calculates remaining flight time according to distance  traveled and  more. It will give alerts when it reaches a minimum safe  amount  required for a safe journey back to the takeoff point. An  advanced  battery management system is also in place to prevent  overcharging and  over draining. When placed in longer term storage,  batteries will  discharge power to maintain good health.

Intelligent Batteries.jpg

DJI GO 4

Using  the  DJI GO 4 app, a large number of Intelligent Flight Modes  are  available. It also provides access to full manual camera  controls,  including ISO, aperture, shutter speed, image formats, and  more. Any  changes in DJI GO 4 will appear almost instantly on-screen.  Vital flight  data and video transmission status are easy to check in  the app,  further enhancing control efficiency and convenience.

View it on the official DJI homepage and on the store.

2017-4-13
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh come on Joe, we were just having a little fun!!!   Didn't have to kill the thread
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-4-13 08:56
Oh come on Joe, we were just having a little fun!!!   Didn't have to kill the thread

I hope you understand that this was just to merge the conversations so there aren't a number of threads on the same topic.
2017-4-13
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

You guys need to remove 60fps mechanical shutter.. The mechanical shutter is only used for photography - not video...
**Update** Thank you Joe for fixing that!
2017-4-13
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Good, another drone I can't afford because I'm still paying for the last one. Thanks. Can someone please confirm whether the P4 owners can expect a firmware update any time soon?
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-4-13 09:04
Good, another drone I can't afford because I'm still paying for the last one. Thanks. Can someone please confirm whether the P4 owners can expect a firmware update any time soon?

The Phantom 4 is still being supported, so firmware updates will still be coming out to fix any outstanding issues. I don't have info on a time-frame, though.
2017-4-13
Use props
Bullflyer
Second Officer

Spain

What is the difference between P4P and P4A ? Regardless of the sensors
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Bullflyer Posted at 2017-4-13 09:10
What is the difference between P4P and P4A ? Regardless of the sensors

"The Phantom 4 Advanced inherits most of the functions of the Phantom 4 Pro. However, in order to increase affordability, unlike the Phantom 4 Pro the Phantom 4 Advanced does not have rear vision sensors and two infrared sensors in its FlightAutonomy system. Also, its remote controller does not support the 5.8 GHz frequency band and Tapfly Backward has been removed."
2017-4-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-13 09:27
"The Phantom 4 Advanced inherits most of the functions of the Phantom 4 Pro. However, in order to increase affordability, unlike the Phantom 4 Pro the Phantom 4 Advanced does not have rear vision sensors and two infrared sensors in its FlightAutonomy system. Also, its remote controller does not support the 5.8 GHz frequency band and Tapfly Backward has been removed."

So it's effectively a Phantom 4 with an upgraded camera ?
2017-4-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-13 08:59
You guys need to remove 60fps mechanical shutter.. The mechanical shutter is only used for photography - not video...
**Update** Thank you Joe for fixing that!

Ahem!

Some of us do use the drone for still photography and not video, and prefer the mechanical shutter.

Personally, I don't care for the bent moving objects as done by a cheaper rolling shutter.

2017-4-13
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

I know this is a P4A thread. However I just wanted to say that its a shame that we got such a mediocre camera/video quality in the mavic. Its really crippled in the videography department.
2017-4-13
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-4-13 09:39
Ahem!

Some of us do use the drone for still photography and not video, and prefer the mechanical shutter.

They had listed on accident 60fps shutter.. I am a photographer as well and I do appreciate the function of it.. However there is no physical shutter that operates at 60fps or even 23fps.. I was commenting on what they had previously listed as one of the features - a shutter at 60fps..
2017-4-13
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I wonder if DJI is planning and would swap with an Mavic Pro, since the post ended up in mavic forum ???   

Regards Leif.
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-4-13 09:57
I wonder if DJI is planning and would swap with an Mavic Pro, since the post ended up in mavic forum ???   

Regards Leif.

I pinned it to the top of ever forum (for a limited time) to alert everyone about the news!
2017-4-13
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-4-13 09:42
I know this is a P4A thread. However I just wanted to say that its a shame that we got such a mediocre camera/video quality in the mavic. Its really crippled in the videography department.

The Mavic is really more about portability and fun action.  Such as active tracking a skier and what not.  More for the active person who wants some video to post on Facebook.  If you want the good stuff you have to upgrade to a P4P.
2017-4-13
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.4
United States

Ability to lock 180 degree shutter at  1/48,  1/96, 1/120 would be great for video minded folks. Can you put an ND filter on this?
2017-4-13
Use props
Seaduner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7619229 ft
  • >>>
United States

The P4A would have really interesting if it had implemented Ocu-Sync communications for better range, and would have been compatible with the upcoming wireless goggles, supporting multiple goggle viewing (max 2 apparently)  from one drone camera.  That would have been awesome!   Maybe someday soon.  The P4A controller (GL300C) is lackluster, without 5.8Ghz.   Flying my P4 with the stock GL300C has only half the range versus my 2015 P3P which uses the old GL300A controller, which is still flying great, almost 2yrs old and 1+million feet of flight.  
2017-4-13
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-4-13 09:04

The P4 will be discontinued at the end of the month.
Unlikely they will implement new functions.
2017-4-13
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
United States

jeffbake Posted at 2017-4-13 11:02
Ability to lock 180 degree shutter at  1/48,  1/96, 1/120 would be great for video minded folks. Can you put an ND filter on this?

It's the same camera that is on the P4P so yes there are ND filters available. Pretty nice camera too!
2017-4-13
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-13 09:27

It's also lighter than any other Phantom..
2017-4-13
Use props
fans3d449f5b
New
United States

I would appreciate some education from any of the experienced users.  I understand that I can use the Phantom to capture high-resolution video and photos to an onboard memory card.  But what I am also very interested in is the quality of the image on the screen of the controller during flight.  I previously bought a Phantom 4 and was dissapointed with what I saw on the screen.  I wanted to use the drone to capture images of wildlife, but I could not see/find the wildlife from the controller image, except for animals in the relative open.  Can anyone explain to me how the on-screen image quality between Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Advanced would compare in similar circumstances?  I'd like to understand this before I buy one.  Even a qualitative answer would be better than nothing.  Thanks in advance.
2017-4-13
Use props
Mr Smith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a nice addition to the Phantom line, but it will be interesting to see if Dji has fixed the "jerking frame". Seems that a ton of users have had this issue with the Phantom 4 Pro while shooting in 4K @ 60fps.
2017-4-13
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-4-13 09:36
So it's effectively a Phantom 4 with an upgraded camera ?

Or it's a rebranded p4p+
2017-4-13
Use props
RobFrazzini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97047 ft
United States

Maybe it's just me but this was disappointing.  The difference between the 4/4A seems fairly negligible.  I get the upgraded camera but it's not like the 4 didn't take great video.   Was really hoping for something even close the 5 rumors.  I have loved my Phantoms but DJI's product lineup sometimes makes no sense.  
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

RobFrazzini Posted at 2017-4-13 16:05
Maybe it's just me but this was disappointing.  The difference between the 4/4A seems fairly negligible.  I get the upgraded camera but it's not like the 4 didn't take great video.   Was really hoping for something even close the 5 rumors.  I have loved my Phantoms but DJI's product lineup sometimes makes no sense.

It's a lower cost P4P with some options removed. This will allow people with a smaller budget to utilize the features of a P4P without as big of an expenditure. This was never supposed to be a next generation of the Phantom 4.  
2017-4-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-13 16:07
It's a lower cost P4P with some options removed. This will allow people with a smaller budget to utilize the features of a P4P without as big of an expenditure. This was never supposed to be a next generation of the Phantom 4.

Aloha Joe,

Tripod is noted under FLIGHT PERFORMANCE Flight Modes as limiting speed to 4 mph, but it is not listed in INTELLIGENT FLIGHT.  Is this a simple reorganization or are there other considerations at play here?  Will the P4A even have Tripod and the inclusion in Flight Modes was a mistake?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-13
Use props
FeariTself
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

What a joke I bought my p4pro cheaper brand new with extra batteries.
2017-4-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans3d449f5b Posted at 2017-4-13 12:06
I would appreciate some education from any of the experienced users.  I understand that I can use the Phantom to capture high-resolution video and photos to an onboard memory card.  But what I am also very interested in is the quality of the image on the screen of the controller during flight.  I previously bought a Phantom 4 and was dissapointed with what I saw on the screen.  I wanted to use the drone to capture images of wildlife, but I could not see/find the wildlife from the controller image, except for animals in the relative open.  Can anyone explain to me how the on-screen image quality between Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Advanced would compare in similar circumstances?  I'd like to understand this before I buy one.  Even a qualitative answer would be better than nothing.  Thanks in advance.

Aloha fans3d,

The remote controller for the P4 Advanced has a 720p display output.  If you add a HDMI module, the output will still be 720p.  Both P4 and P4 Advanced have a 720p display output because they use the same remote controller.  It will be interesting if this display output can somehow be improved with firmware due to the Advanced camera on the P4 Advanced.

What you are looking for is the P4 Pro.  The remote controller puts out 1080p which can be viewed with a tablet that has 1080p HDMI out like the nVidia Shield K1.  The K1 has an 8 inch screen so it is a little on the small side, but the new 1080p goggles will allow for a very near 20/20 vision experience if not a 20/20 viewing experience.  The Eachine Goggles Two have 1080p resolution and sell for $139.

The P4 Pro remote controller also has a choice of 2.4 or 5.8 GHz transmitter/receiver frequency for better control over the live feed video.  Urban areas use a lot of 2.4 GHz radio waves for everything from cordless phones to WiFi.  I live in a mountain jungle and have only a very small 2.4 GHz channel choice, and I mean very.  My 5.8 GHz selection is great almost across the board.

Then there is the possibility of using an auxiliary display with the P4 Pro (tablet with HDMI out) or the P4 Pro + (plus) that has a built in display and 1080p HDMI out.  I use a 15.6 inch GeChic display and it is very clear, but is sun-sensitive, so you need to view it in the shade.  Not a problem for me but unless you travel with a canopy or a canopy chair, the appropriate trees are not always available.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-13
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans3d449f5b Posted at 2017-4-13 12:06

All versions of the P4 have the same live view
Live View Quality        720P @ 30fps

But your Phantom isn't an appropriate device to find wildlife unless you are looking for elephants out on the plains.
The Phantom has a very wide angle lens so you have to get in close to see any detail and to get that close is going to spook most wildlife.
2017-4-13
Use props
InThisLifeOrThe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4856 ft
United States

Differences explained by someone.
2017-4-13
Use props
P4P+
lvl.4
United States

It seems like this release is in reverse. The lesser model usually comes out first, and then the full featured model and people would upgrade to that. Who will buy a P4A? It is not much cheaper than the P4P and everyone who was upgrading did already. Now if DJI said that this new model does not have the issues that the P4P has then people would buy it over the P4P.
2017-4-13
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-13 16:07

Do you consider the 8% difference on price very important? The difference is less than the cost of a battery. This would make sense if the price had dropped by at least 300!
2017-4-13
Use props
yannick_c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242946 ft
France

Does it come with the bad gimbal drift like the P4Pro  ?
2017-4-14
Use props
b0n3
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

"Amazing"
2017-4-14
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182710 ft
Indonesia

"Save" $150 and lose 2 IR sensors, a set of obstacle avoidance cameras and 5.8 GHz connectivity. Good deal?
2017-4-14
Use props
fans6528bff1
lvl.1

United States

Levurmion Posted at 2017-4-14 04:44
"Save" $150 and lose 2 IR sensors, a set of obstacle avoidance cameras and 5.8 GHz connectivity. Good deal?

No offense, it's a Chinese thing, they are hoping that some customer will fall for the trick, if the price was 1000 i would have bought it today , will wait for a good deal of time for that.
2017-4-14
Use props
Bullflyer
Second Officer

Spain

Let us wait, and see what happen with the gimbal and the camera .........
2017-4-14
Use props
Flytcam_Shaun
lvl.1
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-4-13 09:39
Ahem!

For mapping flights it comes in real handy.  I use the Inspire 1 Pro for these.  The Inspire with Pix4d the aircraft can take 22 minutes of flight time to do a 80% overlap double grid mission of a 10000 sqft building requiring me to land and swap batteries to do the rest of the grid because the I1 Pro only gets about 12 to 15 on a T48 battery.  The Inspire stops before each snap.  The Mavic does not stop, however it moves at a very slow pace.  The P4Pro did this in 7 minutes for 14 minutes total to do two flight profiles, one with the camera at nadir and at 60 degrees.   What used to take almost an hour and 4 batteries is done in about 20 minutes on a single battery.   Because I can cut the time down spent configuring the grids for multiple flights on buildings I have effectively cut down my time on site down to a quarter of what it used to be.
2017-4-14
Use props
dtone
New

United States

Hi Guys,
I hate to ask a stupid question that might have already been asked, but I didn't see it in my initial look.

I am looking to get my first drone personally. I flew for my last company (commercial real estate) and used a phantom 3 back then.

Now that I am getting one on my own, I'd love ya'lls opinion.

Which would you purchase:

Phantom 3 Pro Bundle (lots of extras) or a Phantom 4 Advanced with maybe an extra battery?

I have the budget for the phantom 4 advanced, but hear good and bad things. Not sure if it is worth the extra money if I can get a lot of "bang for the buck" on a phantom 3. That being said, if extra for a phantom 4 is worth it in ya'lls eyes, I would highly consider it.

Any thoughts?
2017-4-14
Use props
thrash_273
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595561 ft
  • >>>
United States

dtone Posted at 2017-4-14 12:14
Hi Guys,
I hate to ask a stupid question that might have already been asked, but I didn't see it in my initial look.

I will pick Phantom 3 Pro with lots of extra, mainly because as a beginner you will start with a very capable rig plus the extras, on top of that you will find out soon enough if this hobby is for you- you can cut losses or invest more.
2017-4-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules