Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery life percentage??
920 12 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

What happened to this metric? It is gone from the P4P..
2017-4-13
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Had a fight with IMPERIAL and left...
2017-4-13
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-13 20:27
Had a fight with IMPERIAL and left...

Lol!! Good answer, but still - the data is gone.. I was using it to track my batteries performance on AirData and half the information that used to be provided is gone. My P4 still provides all that data - but the firmware for the P4P doesn't have all of it.. Even the battery screen in GO4 doesn't show it anymore. It would be nice if DJI could let us know why they got rid of it.
2017-4-14
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-14 03:07
Lol!! Good answer, but still - the data is gone.. I was using it to track my batteries performance on AirData and half the information that used to be provided is gone. My P4 still provides all that data - but the firmware for the P4P doesn't have all of it.. Even the battery screen in GO4 doesn't show it anymore. It would be nice if DJI could let us know why they got rid of it.

Mobilcams, I still have it on the main screen, but not in the flight battery screen. (If this is what you are asking about). Latest version for both the drone and the DJI GO 4...
2017-4-14
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-14 03:58
Mobilcams, I still have it on the main screen, but not in the flight battery screen. (If this is what you are asking about). Latest version for both the drone and the DJI GO 4...

Battery life percentage? Not the power percentage..
2017-4-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You don't really need that info during flight, do you?  

The old school way to check it is just hold the red button down for five secs until the red lamp starts to blink.  Whatever number of green lamps that light up is your life percentage.  I'd imagine this would still work in the modern batteries.  Can't say for sure.  
2017-4-14
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-14 04:17
Battery life percentage? Not the power percentage..

Sorry, I thought power remaining...
2017-4-14
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-4-14 04:31
You don't really need that info during flight, do you?  

The old school way to check it is just hold the red button down for five secs until the red lamp starts to blink.  Whatever number of green lamps that light up is your life percentage.  I'd imagine this would still work in the modern batteries.  Can't say for sure.

Well, it was nice to track the battery percentage and see where it was in relation to times charged, capacity, etc.. I was actually doing some tracking for a subject in the forums about charging methods - leaving batteries completely empty, completely charged up, and at 50 percent to see if that had any effect on battery life or charge capacity.
2017-4-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

All that info should be in the logs.  And since it's in the logs, it can be overlayed in the videos.  That way, you can study what happens with the battery as it happens, even though the flight has already happened.

2017-4-15
Use props
Crio
Captain
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It disappeared from my P4 as well some time ago...
2017-4-15
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
United States

Crio Posted at 2017-4-15 06:02
It disappeared from my P4 as well some time ago...

Well, after some digging, I have noticed that the manual for the P4P does not include anything about the battery life monitoring anymore (even though it still works). It did have this information in it in the last update. The P4 standard still has the information though.. I wonder why they are downgrading the information like this..
2017-4-15
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is easy to figure the health of a battery. Look at the mAh amount when it is fully charged. Divide that by what t's full capacity was when it was new. The result is it's health.
Example: (This was some figuring I recently did on some Inspire TB47s I had.)
Charged 58 times ~ Still Plenty of Life Left in It
93.9% Health Rating

Full charge is now 4229 mAh, was 4500 when new.
(4229 ÷ 4500 = 0.9397777778)

2017-4-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

I never thought of or heard of that equation but it makes perfect sense.  Thank you sir.  
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules