Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fixed Wing Tutorial Video
1756 15 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DownUnderDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450472 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wish they did the elevator around the right way. Stick up should be aircraft nose down.
I guess they did it to keep the XBOX FPV shooters happy !
2017-4-13
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Thanks for this - was good to see :-) I'm grounded at the moment due to my phone's death (left only with company crapberry with their OS - so no flying for the moment...)
2017-4-14
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Thank you for this share. Pretty awesome!
2017-4-14
Use props
Divetwins
lvl.1
Flight distance : 412986 ft
Austria

DJI Please NOTE. Fix Wing Control must be on the right Stick. And invert UP/Down !!!
2017-4-14
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am assuming that this mode is for smother video's??  I have not used/played with this feature yet so I'm not sure what it's purpose would be.
2017-4-14
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-4-14 04:52
I am assuming that this mode is for smother video's??  I have not used/played with this feature yet so I'm not sure what it's purpose would be.

To me, this feature is not intended for creating smoother videos or enhancing cinematography since it locks the gimbal in an FPV mode and no longer stabilizes a level horizon.  I suspect this is to accommodate FPV goggles or enable pilots a pure fixed wing visual flying experience.....
2017-4-14
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

Divetwins Posted at 2017-4-14 02:46
DJI Please NOTE. Fix Wing Control must be on the right Stick. And invert UP/Down !!!

It is not a must... Not everyone flies like that. What they needed to do is to make it so it can be modified.
2017-4-14
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Thanks. Well done.
2017-4-14
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-4-14 05:54
To me, this feature is not intended for creating smoother videos or enhancing cinematography since it locks the gimbal in an FPV mode and no longer stabilizes a level horizon.  I suspect this is to accommodate FPV goggles or enable pilots a pure fixed wing visual flying experience.....

Humm...the FPV goggles again.  I suspect you are correct...when they finally come out.
2017-4-14
Use props
Scoobydude
lvl.3
United Kingdom

NoSale Posted at 2017-4-14 05:54

Same for me , no gimbal control, so no use, sorry
2017-4-14
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

this is awesome!!
2017-4-14
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Scoobydude Posted at 2017-4-14 06:18
Same for me , no gimbal control, so no use, sorry

Same here: if the gimbal angle is fixed and forced into FPV mode, then this feature that I was initially pretty enthusiastic about is essentially useless to me.

I haven't actually tried it yet, but if that's how it works then I'm baffled as to why DJI would choose to cripple a potentially very useful feature that way. I can always choose to change to FPV mode and to leave the gimbal at a given angle, but if you force those settings on me then the usefulness of the feature is greatly reduced.
2017-4-14
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-14 07:51
Same here: if the gimbal angle is fixed and forced into FPV mode, then this feature that I was initially pretty enthusiastic about is essentially useless to me.

I haven't actually tried it yet, but if that's how it works then I'm baffled as to why DJI would choose to cripple a potentially very useful feature that way. I can always choose to change to FPV mode and to leave the gimbal at a given angle, but if you force those settings on me then the usefulness of the feature is greatly reduced.

Not having experienced Fixed Wing Mode myself, I'm speaking out of ignorance, but I think there is a slight difference between using FWM and designating Gimbal for FPV.  And that is stick control.  It seems FWM changes how the sticks navigate the AC to feel more like flying a fixed wing aircraft.  Whereas, setting the gimbal to FPV doesn't affect sticks.  It just locks the gimbal so pilots will get the banking visual affect of sitting in the pilots seat when flying.  Again, I'm speaking without any direct experience with this new feature.

I suspect in time, the purpose and functional use will come to light.  I just don't think its going to be of use to pilots interested in photographic capabilities......
2017-4-14
Use props
glasgowdave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing, It's always good to see new features, and how they look.
I doubt I'll have much use for it myself, but it does look fun.
2017-4-14
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-4-14 08:05
Not having experienced Fixed Wing Mode myself, I'm speaking out of ignorance, but I think there is a slight difference between using FWM and designating Gimbal for FPV.  And that is stick control.  It seems FWM changes how the sticks navigate the AC to feel more like flying a fixed wing aircraft.  Whereas, setting the gimbal to FPV doesn't affect sticks.  It just locks the gimbal so pilots will get the banking visual affect of sitting in the pilots seat when flying.  Again, I'm speaking without any direct experience with this new feature.

I suspect in time, the purpose and functional use will come to light.  I just don't think its going to be of use to pilots interested in photographic capabilities......

Yes, I believe your understanding of Fixed Wing is correct. My point was that it would be much more useful if it affected only the flight speed and right stick behavior -- which is all that's mentioned in the manual -- without also locking the gimbal into FPV mode and disabling control of its angle -- which is not mentioned in the manual.

I can always choose FPV mode myself and set the gimbal to an angle of my choice, but by taking those options away from me DJI has made Fixed Wing mode much less useful than the updated manual led me to believe it would be.
2017-4-14
Use props
DamienCh
lvl.1
Switzerland

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-14 08:34
Yes, I believe your understanding of Fixed Wing is correct. My point was that it would be much more useful if it affected only the flight speed and right stick behavior -- which is all that's mentioned in the manual -- without also locking the gimbal into FPV mode and disabling control of its angle -- which is not mentioned in the manual.

I can always choose FPV mode myself and set the gimbal to an angle of my choice, but by taking those options away from me DJI has made Fixed Wing mode much less useful than the updated manual led me to believe it would be.

I've also did a video, more demo oriented

2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules