Malfunction after crash
1061 5 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LynxLV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75207 ft
Latvia

Messed up while inverted. Hit tree branch and my baby (PS3) trough branches fell on the ground. Thought fall seemed to be soft, it did break one proppeller and  anti vibration camera plate. This all seemed to be easy fix.. But then i saw that grey cable that is conetcted from drone to camera is all puled apart. All wires were puled out of plastic pin. Also this seemed to be easy fix.. just to stuff all wires back into pin. But this is where it got tricky. Pin has 10 holes, but there are only 8 wires. So wich holes do i skip.. First i just pluged all from one side leaiving holes 9 and 10 empty. Turn on drone.. Gymbal and camera not responding. I searched. Found a diagram that said i should use holes 1,2,3,4 and 7,8,9,10. Did that.. For ar brief moment I got response from camera (camera feed) and gymball worked. Buut, drone itself iresponsive. It had no telemetrics, battery status N/A, and show that remote controler signal weak. So i assumed, thad wireing is not OK. Tried one more time, bet then i could get only gimball responsive, no video feed. Decided to look for more wiring schemes.   Cheked for more videos. In one video I saw an orginal cable being taken of. It had holes 1 and 2 empty, so i rewired pins it this maner. In this way I had 0 progress. When attached drone just becomes iresponsive. Doesnt say anythiing doesnt do anything. As soon as I pull out cable drone lights turn on. when camera was completly unanatached, then I was able to arm my drone, but still in app got mesage of weak RC signal and no drone data at all.

So whats the corect wireing? Have I messed up smth with placing wires wrongly? Maybe there is something else broken inside the drone?

Pls Help
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

There could be internal damage. It's a little hard to tell which wire's you're talking about exactly, though, would you be able to provide pictures?
2017-4-14
Use props
fans29e0f9d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162884 ft
United States

Look at close up pics of drone. That ribbon configuration is 1-8 with the last two empty. Your problem might be same as mine. Got the wires back in but still lots of glitches. Sending it to DJI repair in Florida. They think it might have cracked a circuit board with the hard landing. Good luck.
2017-4-14
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

I quite frankly done same thing first major crash not but 3 feet off ground where it pulled all wires apart including the 2 wifi cables. zooming on a youtube show where they go but I found it easier to order cable set and wifi set off amazon. Taking it apart is a little fun but a good youtube video show the easiest way to do this. If you go that route after plugging in ribbon cable on main board twist it 180 as you go through body and it will connect right when it reaches gimbal. Have to remove usb port to slip this cable down through body

DJI Phantom 3 Part #81 Cable Set(Sta)

DJI Phantom 3 Standard STD Drone - NEW Antenna Set 2.4G/5.8G (Part 97 & 69)
2017-4-14
Use props
LynxLV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75207 ft
Latvia

SO PROBLEM Solved

So it was the last wireing set-up that I did. Ports 1-8 if you are looking from front of Drone. I only had mixed up two wires, thats why i didnt work at first.  Anyhow, I tested now, and everything seemed to work normaly. Glad that it wasnt a problem with motherboard. Anyway I will order ar new cable and change as soon posible. Meanwhile my advice tu other pilots-- Use hot glue gun and just make sure those wires cant get out of pin in the first place!

Thank you for your help.
Best regards
2017-4-18
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

after a crash remember to do a imu calibration
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now