1982 9 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United States

So by now, a whole list of issues with GS Pro gave been reported to DJI from its loyal user base.  Will this be a supported product and if so, will it receive an update anytime soon to improve on the basic functionality (e.g. Recording flight data, camera control, waypoint issues, control issues when landing in VF)?  Thus is far from an exhaustive list and it is clear that there are multiple users who would like to build thus software into their processes but are holding back due to the many known issues.
2017-4-14
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Has anybody managed to shoot a mission in RAW? Still can't get it to work for me, it always shoots in JPEG!
2017-4-18
Use props
fansc07acdb1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3162323 ft
Australia

Is there a thread for suggested GS Pro updates? I would like to see a list that has been put together and see if everything I've listed is covered.
2017-4-18
Use props
fansc07acdb1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3162323 ft
Australia

I'm not sure what others have suggested for GS Pro updates but would like to see the items below included in future updates. After a couple of weeks using the GS Pro with a Flat 8 HL and RTK system I'm amazed at how bad this 'Pro' version is. Even some of the basic elements of the old GS are missing.
1. Input for height needs to be able to be entered manually not just with a slider. The slider moves in various increments and generally moves again when lifting your finger off the slider button. I have found a work around but when you want to do mulitple heights quickly and have them precise this slider is useless.
2. The old GS had a great way of adjusting each waypoint and checking the various settings. When I am doing panoramas at each level and each WP is stacked on top of each other I need to be able to go to a particular waypoint and check or adjust the height or hover time. At the moment I have to pull all the waypoints in different directions, get the right WP, make changes and then stack them all on top of each other again.
3. Hover time needs to be able to be set manually. Not just adding multiple 30 second hover on top of each other until you get to the desired hover time.
4. Essential to have logging of flights as the standard GO app does. Can't believe this has to be pointed out to DJI.
5. When using the DJI GO app with RTK I have a red warning message that will tell me I can't take off and if I investigate further I can see I have a weak RTK signal. In the GS Pro app there is nothing telling me why I can't start the motors. So I regularly have to go out of the Pro app into GO app, then make sure I have the green Ready To Fly and then back to the Pro app to start the motors. Crazy.
6. When using the Pro app there is no distance measurement from the controller when not using waypoints.
7. Not essential but would be good to be able to use HL when in GS Pro
8. It would be great to be able to assign C1 or C2 to travel to next waypoint. If I have finished the shots I need at WP 1 and want to move to WP 2 I don't want to waste battery time sitting waiting for the hover time to be completed.

As I said I've only been using GS Pro and RTK a couple of weeks so would love to hear if I'm missing something and not using elements of the app correctly or if others have found work arounds for some of this.
2017-4-20
Use props
UAVServices
lvl.2
Flight distance : 756178 ft
Canada

Agreed, long way to go and we can get there but they have to dedicate some resources to it.
2017-4-26
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tried the latest update this week and at least there is some camera control now.
2017-4-29
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-4-18 00:34
Has anybody managed to shoot a mission in RAW? Still can't get it to work for me, it always shoots in JPEG!

Have you gone into the camera view in GS Pro and changed the settings in there?
Mine defaults to jpg each time I start it but I can go into the camera menu and change it back to jpg + raw.
There isn't as many options in the camera settings menu as there is in the Go App hopefully that's something DJI will work on.
2017-4-30
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-4-30 04:22
Have you gone into the camera view in GS Pro and changed the settings in there?
Mine defaults to jpg each time I start it but I can go into the camera menu and change it back to jpg + raw.
There isn't as many options in the camera settings menu as there is in the Go App hopefully that's something DJI will work on.

I've set it to RAW only but shoots in JPEG. Will try setting to RAW and JPEG and see if that makes any difference.
2017-4-30
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

I had a little play around with GS Pro and some dummy missions when I had time to spare and it seems that in "3d area map"  using timed interval mode for images it chooses  JPEG by default regardless what you have the camera set to at the beginning  . I think perhaps this is because of the time required to process/store a RAW image and you cannot take the shots and store them fast enough.  If you change it to hover and shoot for each image you can use RAW but of course it takes a whole lot longer to cover the same area.

In way point mode it allows use of RAW / JPEG or RAW&JPEG  probably because there is a whole heap of time available to process/store the image before the next shot.

2017-5-2
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-5-2 05:34
I had a little play around with GS Pro and some dummy missions when I had time to spare and it seems that in "3d area map"  using timed interval mode for images it chooses  JPEG by default regardless what you have the camera set to at the beginning  . I think perhaps this is because of the time required to process/store a RAW image and you cannot take the shots and store them fast enough.  If you change it to hover and shoot for each image you can use RAW but of course it takes a whole lot longer to cover the same area.

In way point mode it allows use of RAW / JPEG or RAW&JPEG  probably because there is a whole heap of time available to process/store the image before the next shot.

Cheers for this Paul, I'll give that a try.
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules