Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Calibration
1214 9 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
X4IFEzcj7gkM
New
United States

[size=14.6667px]Hello Fellow Pilots,
[size=14.6667px]I noticed my P-4 suddenly started losing altitude. I had to constantly push it up on the way back home. Once overhead, I let go of the sticks and the bird came straight down with no input from me. I took control and landed. I opened the Go 4 app to calibrate the RC. With the sticks in the center, it was showing 20% down on the left stick. I performed the calibration and everything acted normal. After calibration, the sticks showed 0 when centered.

[size=14.6667px]I launched again and all seemed normal...at first. After a few minutes, I noticed the altitude drop again. I flew back home, opened the Go 4 app again and with the sticks centere[size=14.6667px]d, it was reading 24% down on the left stick. With the left stick fully up, it would only go to 76%. I noticed if I pushed on the shell of the remote next to the left stick, it would change the % of the reading. After rotating the stick several times, it finally took the calibration and the sticks read 0-100 in all directions. I launched again only to have it work fine for a couple minutes then the altitude drop again. I flew her home and here I am.

[size=14.6667px]Any ideas as to what would cause this? Thanks for any help.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Jay

2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Do you notice any gaps in the RC casing? How long have you had this unit? Have you dropped the RC at any point?
2017-4-14
Use props
X4IFEzcj7gkM
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-14 16:03
Do you notice any gaps in the RC casing? How long have you had this unit? Have you dropped the RC at any point?

I've had the unit since October. Never dropped. I actually have 2 P-4s and the remotes are identical gap wise
One thing that concerns me is while doing the calibration, with the sticks centered and no input from me, the left stick will drift down, then go back to zero.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

X4IFEzcj7gkM Posted at 2017-4-14 16:09
I've had the unit since October. Never dropped. I actually have 2 P-4s and the remotes are identical gap wise  
One thing that concerns me is while doing the calibration, with the sticks centered and no input from me, the left stick will drift down, then go back to zero.

It sounds like something may be loose. If you're referring to October 2016, I wouldn't recommend taking it apart to fix it yourself. Before resorting to sending it in to DJI for service, try the following button combinations:

Reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend manually relinking the RC to the craft so that everything is communicating properly:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
Let me know how it went.

2017-4-14
Use props
X4IFEzcj7gkM
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-14 16:20
It sounds like something may be loose. If you're referring to October 2016, I wouldn't recommend taking it apart to fix it yourself. Before resorting to sending it in to DJI for service, try the following button combinations:

Reset the RC:

Thanks for the reply. Another thing I noticed is while doing the calibration, if I pull the neck strap tight and put pressure on the clasp/brace, it causes the left stick to read a down input of about 8%. Like you, I'm thinking something is loose.

I'll try the reset when I get back home. Thanks again for the help.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

X4IFEzcj7gkM Posted at 2017-4-14 16:30
Thanks for the reply. Another thing I noticed is while doing the calibration, if I pull the neck strap tight and put pressure on the clasp/brace, it causes the left stick to read a down input of about 8%. Like you, I'm thinking something is loose.

I'll try the reset when I get back home. Thanks again for the help.

Please keep me posted when you can.
2017-4-14
Use props
X4IFEzcj7gkM
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-14 16:37
Please keep me posted when you can.

I tried the recommended resets. The RC will calibrate fine. Sticks show zero when centered. Take off and all is well for about five minutes and then the altitude starts dropping. Fly home, open the app and the left stick is showing 34% down with it centered. I'm afraid I am going to have to send it off. I looked at my purchase date and it is 9/2016 so it should be covered...fingers crossed.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

X4IFEzcj7gkM Posted at 2017-4-17 15:33
I tried the recommended resets. The RC will calibrate fine. Sticks show zero when centered. Take off and all is well for about five minutes and then the altitude starts dropping. Fly home, open the app and the left stick is showing 34% down with it centered. I'm afraid I am going to have to send it off. I looked at my purchase date and it is 9/2016 so it should be covered...fingers crossed.

Based on what you've provided, I would agree that sending it in would be the best course of action. The NA Support team can help out with shipping as well.
2017-4-17
Use props
X4IFEzcj7gkM
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-17 16:08
Based on what you've provided, I would agree that sending it in would be the best course of action. The NA Support team can help out with shipping as well.

Thanks for your help. Luckily I have a spare!

2017-4-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

X4IFEzcj7gkM Posted at 2017-4-17 16:49
Thanks for your help. Luckily I have a spare!

Good to hear you won't be missing out on flights. I'm sure the other RC will be up and running again in no time.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules