Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another Repair Journey CAS-478511-K2J4D9
810 5 2017-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans618eae0d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 516306 ft
United States

Hi All -

I've seen a lot of people complaining about repair times, but I thought I'd throw my hat into the mix because there usually seems to be a response from a moderator and that's better than nothing.

Timeline:

March-21: The journey begins. DJI in California has now received my poor broken Mavic.
March-22: Damage assessed and I got a bill for $156 to fix the gimble. I paid immediately (attached receipt image as proof). The DJI timeline says "Allow 1 day to confirm payment". Gee, this repair is going to be super quick!
March-29: it's been 7 days and the timeline still says waiting to confirm payment. I contact online support and give my case number. The support person says they haven't confirmed my payment and asks me to send proof I paid. I think this is quite a ridiculous request considering, you know, it's an electronic payment. But I comply and send the receipt (the one attached to this post). The support person thanks me and says he attached the receipt to my case and they would get rollin' with the repairs in no time. I feel quite satisfied that I have solved all my problems. Little do I know...
April-5: It has now been 14 days. If I was stranded in a desert and my drone was my only source of sustenance, I'd be long dead by now. Repair timeline still says "Waiting on payment confirmation, this will take 1 business day". It's enough to drive a person iNsAnE. I contact online support again and explain my situation. This guy says that there is no payment receipt attached to my case, and asks if I could send proof of payment again. Are. You. Fricking. Messing. With. Me. It's gotta be a big joke on me. Haha, good one! Whatever. I send the same payment receipt (again, the one attached in this post). He says it's for sure for sure attached this time. My hope has faded.
April-6: The clouds have parted and the golden sun has broken through the darkess. Payment received! Timeline now says my beautiful little Mavic under repair and I should allow 3-4 days for repair and test. I am hopefully optimistic I will have my little dude back before the spring flowers have all gone.
Today, April-15: Yet again the curtains have closed and the cold darkness of hoplessness has befallen me. It has been 9 days since I was told my Mavic would be repaired in 3-4 days. How naive I have been. As they say, "Hope is the Mother of Fools".

So, if anyone out there has read my plea, please respond with any information that could alleviate my suffering. I know I'm not alone in this purgatory.

Thanks!
-Daniel

P.S. you know what would really really help out this situation, if the website DEVs would just stick realistic times into their, you know, TIMEline that everyone uses to follow their repair progress. Heck, even give higher estimates than normal so people would be happily surprised if their stuff gets done before DJI promised. Seems like a super simple fix that would really help with angry customers. Food for thought...

Timeline

Timeline
proof.png
2017-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This situation has filled me with regret, Daniel.
I have brought this to the attention of our support team and we will help to find out what have caused the delay then keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-4-15
Use props
DREman
lvl.1
Israel

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-15 18:33
This situation has filled me with regret, Daniel.
I have brought this to the attention of our support team and we will help to find out what have caused the delay then keep you updated as soon as possible.

hi DJI Mindy, thanks for your response, but please don't fill yourself with regret! Refill yourself with REPAIR ACTION!

2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DREman Posted at 2017-4-17 08:52
hi DJI Mindy, thanks for your response, but please don't fill yourself with regret! Refill yourself with REPAIR ACTION!

I have checked your case again. Our support team have left a voicemail to you and sent an email with further explanation.
Your case was escalated. We will help to get it solved as soon as possible.
2017-4-18
Use props
DREman
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-18 01:10
I have checked your case again. Our support team have left a voicemail to you and sent an email with further explanation.
Your case was escalated. We will help to get it solved as soon as possible.

i received a voicemail. many thanks
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DREman Posted at 2017-4-18 06:39
i received a voicemail. many thanks

You are welcome. If you need any further help, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules