Any successful warranty claims after a prop flying off?
3163 47 2017-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Well, what you know! I just got a shipping confirmation... Jamie - u work wonders!
2017-5-30
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Got it back - ON MY BDAY!
The serial Is different,m also the camera is not the same firmware as the bird - but I did take it for a test flight without internet today, flew away 8k feet, no problem (so now i guess i know there's something going on with my advanced),... anyhow, flew well, but threw a compass error on the way back (interference) - i calibrated compass again - but then he started screaming about firmware, and would not take off....  Updating everything now, will test later or tomorrow again... Anyhow, looks it was fixed right - my only complaint is the 6 weeks....
He DOES NOT have the serial sticker on the shell, I could not find the serial on DJI app... anyone?
I am noticing that the arm stickers do not stick very well - I replaced them on my advanced and they do come off a bit, and now DJI replaced them on the pro - while replacing the shell, and they also have tendency to come off at the bottom a bit.... I will have to figure out what glue to use to put them back for good.....
Anyhow, so far, so good..... And yes, I did go through the registration process of a new bird.
2017-6-3
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=277621
If anyone wants to follow on the only issue I found so far... not sure if it really is an issue....
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-6-5 12:09
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=98982&fromuid=277621
If anyone wants to follow on the only issue I found so far... not sure if it really is an issue....

I responded to you in that thread.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-6-3 13:38
Got it back - ON MY BDAY!
The serial Is different,m also the camera is not the same firmware as the bird - but I did take it for a test flight without internet today, flew away 8k feet, no problem (so now i guess i know there's something going on with my advanced),... anyhow, flew well, but threw a compass error on the way back (interference) - i calibrated compass again - but then he started screaming about firmware, and would not take off....  Updating everything now, will test later or tomorrow again... Anyhow, looks it was fixed right - my only complaint is the 6 weeks....
He DOES NOT have the serial sticker on the shell, I could not find the serial on DJI app... anyone?

It must have been a great present for sure.

From what I can see, the SN wouldn't be any different than your previous unit. It looks like the sticker unfortunately wasn't reapplied on the replacement bottom shell. You can refer to the shipping email you received that does have the SN recorded in case you need it.

For the stickers, you could perhaps use some extra double sided tap to make the edges more secure. You never know when you might decide to change the color out.
2017-6-6
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

So, regarding the serial, and I care for insurance purposes, I am attaching the image of my original serial from the box, and the image from the current drone. I assume the top # is the actual drone SN? The bottom is either the gimbal or the VPS? Either way, either number is not quite like what I had on original box. I also attach a shot from the emails... Keep in mind, I also had to go through full actiavation, and name it, and all that good stuff.....
So, I need to understand what serial to give to the insurance, and how to confirm it's a proper serial... Is there an electronic way to confirm the serials? I know the battery has a "printed serial" as well as "internal serial".. Perhaps the drone has that info too?

Returning to me

Returning to me

What I sent

What I sent

Original box

Original box

Received Quad

Received Quad
2017-6-9
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Well, it's back at DJI, having it's compass looked at.. It still flew ok, but the compass kept misbehaving every few seconds...  the bird was blinking it's yellow led's often... I am sure eventually it would not fly well.. so we are into over 2 months of no good use..  I wish they'd just send me another refurb - certified good, and call it good.... still, as this is not the ONLY DJI I got, I am ok, but would hate if this was my only craft!         CAS-734840-T4N9M2
2017-7-4
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-6 14:51
It must have been a great present for sure.

From what I can see, the SN wouldn't be any different than your previous unit. It looks like the sticker unfortunately wasn't reapplied on the replacement bottom shell. You can refer to the shipping email you received that does have the SN recorded in case you need it.

Got it back from fixage #2, flies ok so far. Too bad it took about 2 months.. but thankfully I got my advanced, so I was not DJI-less!
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules