We lose control and Mavic Pro keeps ascending
2540 19 2017-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Two Broskis
New

Netherlands

[size=14.6667px]So we recently bought the DJI Mavic Pro, our first drone.[size=14.6667px]
[size=14.6667px]We flew it for a bit, and most of the time it flies beautifully, but occasionally, it keeps ascending beyond our control, and the only thing we can do is press the left joystick down for 2 seconds to put it into landing mode. We lose all othe[size=14.6667px]r control of the drone. We removed all stickers from the drone, we tried turning off OA, and tinkered with other settings, but to no avail.[size=14.6667px]
[size=14.6667px]Is there a problem with our drone? What are we missing here?
[size=14.6667px]Do we have to send it in, and if we do, how long will it take to get it back? We live in LA.
[size=14.6667px]We tried to use two different iPhone 7, both same problem.
2017-4-15
Use props
Two Broskis
New

Netherlands

Not sure, why it's doing the [size=] tag... Sorry about that..
2017-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please sync your flight records from the DJI Go app and provide me with your DJI account email and the date this occurred?
I'll help to review it.
Besides, is your DJI account email the same as your forum email?
2017-4-15
Use props
jeffffyy
New
Flight distance : 2664 ft
Australia

I just got the Mavic Pro as well and it keeps doing the same thing! Please let me know if you figure out how to fix this problem as it happens every time for me.
2017-4-16
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Just guessing here, but it might be ascending because it is trying to return to home, if you lose signal.
It could also be your stick calibration being off. They recently improved the calibration process... I always check calibration if I am having any drifting.
If it is losing signal, then you may want to consider if your antennae are positioned properly (both vertical, and parallel, with you facing the mavic), and that you are in an open area.
I have found that it can be bad to take off from a concrete surface, because the concrete often contains steel rebar, which messes with the compass on takeoff.
And as always, make sure ALL of your firmware is up to date.
2017-4-16
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-15 23:45
Could you please sync your flight records from the DJI Go app and provide me with your DJI account email and the date this occurred?
I'll help to review it.
Besides, is your DJI account email the same as your forum email?

You always said can you please sync flight records from DJI but you never say how to do it or give instructins about it. Not all users of this drones know how to do it, me included. But if you have a tutorial for this procedure ,please ignore post.

And please provide me w/ a link to it......thanks DJI Mindy!
2017-4-16
Use props
jeffffyy
New
Australia

Thanks for responding ! It starts ascending when the signal is strong. I let it continue rising for a while once or twice to see if it would eventually stop but it went past the RTH and even the max altitude :/ I did try callibrating the remote controller as well which seemed to fix it a little bit but eventually it starts ascending again. And yep I updated the firmware!
2017-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-4-16 07:52
You always said can you please sync flight records from DJI but you never say how to do it or give instructins about it. Not all users of this drones know how to do it, me included. But if you have a tutorial for this procedure ,please ignore post.

And please provide me w/ a link to it......thanks DJI Mindy!

Here is the video tutorial for our reference.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jeffffyy Posted at 2017-4-16 07:56
Thanks for responding ! It starts ascending when the signal is strong. I let it continue rising for a while once or twice to see if it would eventually stop but it went past the RTH and even the max altitude :/ I did try callibrating the remote controller as well which seemed to fix it a little bit but eventually it starts ascending again. And yep I updated the firmware!

Hi Jessica, I have checked your flight records.
It's probably the ultrasonic issue.
Could you please clarify your current firmware version? Is the firmware up to date?
If the firmware is up to date. Please export the flight data via DJI Assistant then upload it to dropbox or Google drive. I'll forward your data to our engineers for review.
2017-4-17
Use props
jeffffyy
New
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-17 01:48
Hi Jessica, I have checked your flight records.
It's probably the ultrasonic issue.
Could you please clarify your current firmware version? Is the firmware up to date?

Hi Mindy, I checked and yes my firmware is up to date (V01.03.0600). I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 on my macbook to to export the flight data and the "Firmware Update" page works, but when I click the "Data Upload" option on the left the Data Upload list doesn't load and the wheel just keeps on spinning. Do you know how I can fix this and am I doing it correctly?
2017-4-17
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-17 01:40
Here is the video tutorial for our reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKQZ-gTBXg

Thanks for the link DJI Mindy.
Do you have a link on how to extract .DAT and .TXT files and how to view it?
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jeffffyy Posted at 2017-4-17 04:27
Hi Mindy, I checked and yes my firmware is up to date (V01.03.0600). I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 on my macbook to to export the flight data and the "Firmware Update" page works, but when I click the "Data Upload" option on the left the Data Upload list doesn't load and the wheel just keeps on spinning. Do you know how I can fix this and am I doing it correctly?

What about reinstalling the DJI assistant and restart the computer?
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-4-17 05:42
Thanks for the link DJI Mindy.
Do you have a link on how to extract .DAT and .TXT files and how to view it?

Sorry we don't have a tutorial about that.
2017-4-17
Use props
jeffffyy
New
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-17 23:33
What about reinstalling the DJI assistant and restart the computer?

Hi, I just tried reinstalling the application and restarting my computer but that did not help. Please tell me if there is anything else I can do to export the flight data.
2017-4-18
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

As a temporary fix, try disabling Landing Protection (under Advanced Vision Settings), and if that doesn't work, then disable VPS. That should prevent the automatic ascending and then subsequent auto-landing when you apply down stick.

Sounds to me like your VPS system is faulty. Not sure if there will be any fix other than sending the Mavic back. DJI said they fixed the problem a few firmwares ago, but I see plenty of users still have this problem. See this thread for more details: http://forum.dji.com/thread-77495-1-1.html
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jeffffyy Posted at 2017-4-18 03:42
Hi, I just tried reinstalling the application and restarting my computer but that did not help. Please tell me if there is anything else I can do to export the flight data.

Do you have another computer to test with? Or change a network?
2017-4-19
Use props
jeffffyy
New
Australia

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-18 03:52
As a temporary fix, try disabling Landing Protection (under Advanced Vision Settings), and if that doesn't work, then disable VPS. That should prevent the automatic ascending and then subsequent auto-landing when you apply down stick.

Sounds to me like your VPS system is faulty. Not sure if there will be any fix other than sending the Mavic back. DJI said they fixed the problem a few firmwares ago, but I see plenty of users still have this problem. See this thread for more details: http://forum.dji.com/thread-77495-1-1.html

Thanks for the tip Jason, I turned off Landing Protection and finally the Mavic doesn't ascend uncontrollably! The link was really helpful too I didn't know what to search for before.

I also realised when I had Landing Protection on and pressed the land function on the app, it would always say that I'm already 0.5m from the ground when in fact I was metres up in the air.
2017-4-24
Use props
jeffffyy
New
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-19 02:16
Do you have another computer to test with? Or change a network?

I used a PC (instead of my mac) and the DJI Assistant works now. I have sent u a link with the flight data thank you!!
2017-4-24
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

jeffffyy Posted at 2017-4-24 16:59
Thanks for the tip Jason, I turned off Landing Protection and finally the Mavic doesn't ascend uncontrollably! The link was really helpful too I didn't know what to search for before.

I also realised when I had Landing Protection on and pressed the land function on the app, it would always say that I'm already 0.5m from the ground when in fact I was metres up in the air.

No worries. Glad it helped. Keep us posted!
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jeffffyy Posted at 2017-4-24 17:00
I used a PC (instead of my mac) and the DJI Assistant works now. I have sent u a link with the flight data thank you!!

Thank you for your cooperation.
I have forwarded your data to our engineers for review.
If we get any update, we will let you know.
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules