Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Persistent Firmware update message
1881 14 2017-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

Hey everyone,

This weekend I received an alert for a firmware update and I did it.

but now, every time i turn on the drone and try to fly it I keep getting the alert to update the firmware! I already did the update 3 times....

anyone with this issue????

thanks!

2017-4-16
Use props
PHL
Captain
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Did you update the firmware in each battery as well?
2017-4-16
Use props
Molar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26004 ft
Canada

Did you update the controller?  I updated the mavic via dji assistant but it didn't update my controller
2017-4-16
Use props
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

How do I update the controller? I thought it was alltogether with the Mavic update
2017-4-16
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I had that issue before I don't use a mobile device to run the updates I use the DJI Assistant 2 and never had a problem again with firmware update messages or even issues
2017-4-16
Use props
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

Tried again with the DJI go app...update went to 80% , drone restarted itself and then the update closed...... tried to fly and got the message again...

will try tomorrow using the assistant

thanks!
2017-4-16
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

TullioFN Posted at 2017-4-16 18:13
Tried again with the DJI go app...update went to 80% , drone restarted itself and then the update closed...... tried to fly and got the message again...

will try tomorrow using the assistant

You would be best to use the Assistant 2 program on a PC. First make sure the Assistant 2 is the latest version:
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
Then update the Mavic and the controller separately.
2017-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Here is the video tutorial for your reference.
2017-4-16
Use props
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

it wont update the drone, only the remote

The remote actually already had the  latest firmware but the drone just cant be updated. I get and error message after 54% of the update process.
2017-4-17
Use props
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

Tried again....drone restarts at around 50% and again at 57%. Then a error message appears

Undefined 0x020106

I try to the the log but it doesnt work.

Using windows 10 and DJI assistant 2

any hints on how to update???????
2017-4-17
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

You may have to downgrade the FW on the controller to that of the Mavic , re-boot and try again .

When attempting the update again try the following .
I turn the Mavic on then the controller and let them connect as usual then connect the controller to the computer with assistant 2 . Assistant will show the controller icon only but will update controller ,Mavic and battery at the same time . The Mavic itself may have to be in another room and the controller and PC closest to your WiFi router for it to stay connected for the duration of the update .  For some reason the Mavic will disrupt the Wifi signal and if the connection ever blinks even for a moment it will fail .
2017-4-17
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-4-17 10:19
You may have to downgrade the FW on the controller to that of the Mavic , re-boot and try again .

Seems too much failure updating the FW of this device.
And also too many crashes and flyaways after update.
The good thing is that no one so far got hurt or hurt someone after FW update and crashes.
If all this happening the COMPANY (DJI) should order a halt to update FW/Apps before someone get
hurt and filed a SUIT against the Co. (DJI). They should stop and investigate and BETA test to the BONE this FW/Apps before releasing it to consumers.
2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 611027 ft
United States

LOTS of people are complaining about the FW's failure to upgrade ... including me.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-92886-1-1.html
2017-4-17
Use props
boostedford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i updated to .600 with dji assistant and when i restarted it said to update on dji go 4 app i figured it was just for battery but the message didnt disappear it did it with all 3 batteries so i had to do the update again thru the go app???
2017-4-17
Use props
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

I just downgraded everything back to 550 and will wait DJI to fix this issue.......
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules