video feed freezes after updating firmware
1802 14 2017-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airoscar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272953 ft
Canada

I got together with a buddy today and decided to take our mavics out for a spin (we each have one).
After updating the bird to the current firmware, everything seem normal. but just moments after I took off I lost streaming video feed, it's frozen on a frame. I flew back by sight, landed it, restarted the mavic, and all seem normal again. But within minutes it happened again...

While the image is frozen, everything else still works, including starting and stopping recording, all app functions seem normal, I can tilt the gimbal, etc. But the image is just frozen on a frame. Ive tried restarting the app while the drone is in the air, and the app restarts back to showing the same frozen frame of image from the camera.

We also tried using my buddy's phone, same thing happens after a couple minutes..

I then tried refreshing the firmware on both the drone and the controller, flew for a while before the video froze again....

It never shows a black screen, it always just freezes at a frame from the camera even after I restart the app. All app functions still work as if normal, including tap to focus, etc.

This has never happened before with previous updates. It only just started to happen after this last update. Anyone else having the same issue? I'm hoping its just a bug in the firmware. My buddy's Mavic, however seems all fine, no issue at all..
2017-4-16
Use props
airoscar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272953 ft
Canada

I had just tried downgrading to previous firmware, but this issue persists. I guess I'll have to send request to send this one back.
2017-4-16
Use props
Mike Cantu
New
United States

exact same thing is happening to me!
2017-4-16
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8477969 ft
United States

I had the same issue except eventually it would not  display the live feed video at all just black screen.  Luckily I had just purchsaed it off amazon so I was able to return it as opposed to deal with sending it to dji.  I expect the replacement to arrive this week.
2017-4-16
Use props
phil_r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65190 ft
Australia

Mike Cantu Posted at 2017-4-16 20:45
exact same thing is happening to me!

Check over on the Mavic Pilots forum. A few people have reported that problem also. I am having a problem where my video is not being saved to cache - it's on the SD card on the quad but not visible under 'Flight Record' where it can be synced. I have downgraded to the two previous firmwares and DJI Go4 (IOS) v4.06 and no change. I have reset the settings on the quad but DJI Assistant keeps failing when I try and reset controller.

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/t ... /page-4#post-162497

search back from there a bit - a user by the name of Cerebus first mentions it.
2017-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and your DJI GO 4 app version?
Were you using the bottom usb port to connect the phone to controller?
2017-4-16
Use props
phil_r
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-16 22:50
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and your DJI GO 4 app version?
Were you using the bottom usb port to connect the phone to controller?

Hi Mindy,

I am using an iPad mini 4 with IOS 10.1. Using the bottom USB port and have had no luck with DJI Go4 4.06 or 4.07.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

phil_r Posted at 2017-4-16 21:14
Check over on the Mavic Pilots forum. A few people have reported that problem also. I am having a problem where my video is not being saved to cache - it's on the SD card on the quad but not visible under 'Flight Record' where it can be synced. I have downgraded to the two previous firmwares and DJI Go4 (IOS) v4.06 and no change. I have reset the settings on the quad but DJI Assistant keeps failing when I try and reset controller.

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/t ... /page-4#post-162497

Did you enable the "Cache during video shooting" option from DJI GO app?
2017-4-17
Use props
phil_r
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-17 18:57
Did you enable the "Cache during video shooting" option from DJI GO app?

Yes I did and a correction - I am on iOS 10.3.1. I am away from home for a few days but will troubleshoot further when I return.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

phil_r Posted at 2017-4-18 03:30
Yes I did and a correction - I am on iOS 10.3.1. I am away from home for a few days but will troubleshoot further when I return.

Please test more and keep us posted.
2017-4-18
Use props
fansb7582b7d
New
Flight distance : 48392 ft
Israel

Same problem for me too... After 10-8 minutes of flying it happened..  What can fix this problem?!
2017-5-29
Use props
SFOPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 718123 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am still having the same problem.

Everything worked fine in xx550. I do some training and use a second Mavic controller, both worked fine under xx550 and I was able to teach just fine. We fly on normal football fields
and fly not higher than 100 feet all over the field and about 100 feet to the right to the left or so. I had a real hard time to upgrade to xx600. One controller would work the other would not.

At the end I gave up and just used one controller which I had to downgrade to xx550 as well as the Mavic. Therefore I can not use the buddy box system ( as the newer remote would not let me downgrade) to train anymore as well as I have noticed that the aircraft disconnects from time to time and tells me that the aircraft disconnects top left corner of the screen. Therefore I had to pull the aircraft as it is not SAFE to fly.

I am using two android phones one Note 5 on t-mobile (Master) and a Note 3 (slave) in airplane mode from Verizon.

Things I have noticed:

1. after upgrading the Note 5 via the google store I notice it should have upgraded to 4.06 but it displayed 4.07 which was the iOS version when checking in the about screen of the Mavic.
2. Installing via the phone --> to controller -- > Mavic failed twice wit error code 0x64080103.
3. Using the assistant software worked, but only after changing laptops.
4. My first Panasonic laptop would only see the Mavic never the remote controllers via the Assistance software !!!!
5. My newer but slower LG subnote would see both the controller and the Mavic when connected via a DJI USB cable.

As we are now on firmware version xx700 I did use the LG subnote  using the Assistant software to upgrade one unit at a time.

I did re-bind the Master and the secondary remote controller to the Mavic.

All looked okay the aircraft would take both controllers input correctly. So a flight test was next.......

Well here is what still happens..... you can fly the Mavic 150 feet up and 75 feet away from you all is fine. Now you bring the Mavic back to 10 feet off the ground and 15 feet away from you and
you might encounter the error message " aircraft disconnect ". The Mavic just sits there and sometime it reconnects or it goes RTL.

There is no rime or reason for this but it all started with upgrading from xx550 to xx600.  I have downgraded the Mavic software both controllers but this downgrading never really works
as there are some code left in the controller (?).

We had a xclass event which allowed me to fly further in a controlled environment and during the about 6 minute flight the Mavic disconnected five times and started to RTL. Using the PAUSE button
allowed me to stop the RTL function and I was able to record the race course. I did use my Epson BT 300 glasses to fly the mission and yes I did connected them via a USB cable. As well as the latest DJI Go 4
V 4.10.0 was loaded and the Mavic is now on xx700. I would like to mention that I did side loaded the DJI map for California onto the BT 300 Glasses.

Using the BT 300 glasses allowed me to see that the MAVIC disconnected while either hovering or flying slowly, which could point to an over heating issue. As soon as I get the disconnect error I can not use the controller the Mavic just hovers. You either hear (RTL beep) or or see the Mavic take off, at that point you have most likely regain control.

As you all might recall with the firmware version xx400 and higher DJI addressed and started to check sensors. There might be a heat sensor which triggers the disconnection due to over heating (?).

I strongly believe that there is a hardware / software problem in either the remote controller or the Mavic itself.

For now MY MAVIC is grounded as it is not safe to fly as well as I can not train students it the equipment is 100% flight worthy.

This means not that I am loosing money but when new students asked me why can I not train them on a Mavic I have to say firmware issues.

The good news here s that I still have 2 Matrices M100) and one Phantom 3 pro with the DJI buddy box system and they have never let me down.
2017-5-29
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.3
Hong Kong

No worry, this problem is frequently complain from many user starting from Phantom 3. It is about your camera module corrupt during the update. Just send the mavic to DJI to repair.
2017-5-30
Use props
Al1103
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12021 ft
Malaysia

That's true, I just noticed that as well on my video, it freezes a second then it will continue. I believed this update is not ready for release. They release it without rigid testing, product quality and it turns out that it doesnt improve the performance which is supposed to be. Its a lame updates and most of the burdens is being experienced by the end users like us. DJI should address this quickly. I also believed that their R&D is not equiped with much expertise in dealing with this. Fix the bugs and error please so everybody is happy. Are we are still in the trial and error stage and DJI is just using us as their experiement while making money from us? This is not joke and we are not spending a single penny on this equipment, think about it.
2017-5-30
Use props
djiuser_G1e3i10fbin5
lvl.1

Same freezing Problem on my mavic 2 pro after the recent firmware Update September 2018.
Luckily i had the m2p in sight to fly back. And luckily it was at full daylight
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules