721 6 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Every DJI firmware update completely wipes out all personal Mavic settings.

Is DJI going to fix this problem?

Anyone else notice this?

2017-4-17
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

I doubt there's anything they could do, updating the firmware will do just that, and all settings would be set to a factory state, . The same applies to anything like computers / tablets etc, you have to set things up the way you want from the basic configuration it's in after upgrade.

I only got mine the other day and had to upgrade straight away with no issues other than reconfiguring to the settings i want.
2017-4-17
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Car147 Posted at 2017-4-17 07:09
I doubt there's anything they could do, updating the firmware will do just that, and all settings would be set to a factory state, . The same applies to anything like computers / tablets etc, you have to set things up the way you want from the basic configuration it's in after upgrade.

I only got mine the other day and had to upgrade straight away with no issues other than reconfiguring to the settings i want.

That is not true. Most things I have done firmware upgrades on keeps it's settings.
Having said that, I don't know if it's possible on the Mavic. Maybe depends on how it's designed.
But totally agree with OP, the current behavior is really frustrating. If it's technically possible, it should really be fixed.
Alternatively make it possible to save and restore settings via app or DJI Assistant...
2017-4-17
Use props
Cspud
lvl.3
United States

Wouldn't it be logical to be able to create profiles for different settings? Store these in the app and then you could change settings based on your needs and environmental conditions with a simple tap. I can't imagine this would be too difficult to add.
2017-4-17
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

All the other updates did not change my settings only the .600 rubbish did
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We appreciate your feedback.
I have reported this to our engineers for review.
Thank you for supporting DJI.
2017-4-17
Use props
wisnia.sebastia
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules