Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Speed up video
2580 8 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NightAngel79
lvl.4
Flight distance : 750354 ft
United States

So I took video at 1080 96fps. Was hoping for an easy way on Win 10 to speed it up and view at 30/24fps. So far I don't see an easy way. So now we are at a siftware approach.

I prefer to find reliable freeware to do this. I'm not at a point where it is cost effective for me to actually buy software. I've only been flying drones for almost 2 weeks.

Suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance!!
2017-4-17
Use props
Flybee
Captain
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

why are you shooting in 96 fps and then trying to speed it up? Why not shooting in 30 FPS at the first time?
2017-4-18
Use props
NightAngel79
lvl.4
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-4-18 11:27
why are you shooting in 96 fps and then trying to speed it up? Why not shooting in 30 FPS at the first time?

For one, I like how the motion looks when shot in 60fps, which you can see all over Youtube.

Secondly, AV guys I filmed for the other day said they prefer it that way because of how smooth the video looks once they speed it up.

But back on topic, anyone have suggestions on how to do it?
2017-4-19
Use props
Flybee
Captain
Germany

NightAngel79 Posted at 2017-4-19 05:31
For one, I like how the motion looks when shot in 60fps, which you can see all over Youtube.

Secondly, AV guys I filmed for the other day said they prefer it that way because of how smooth the video looks once they speed it up.

Ok, you can do the change of speed in post. And if you search here in the forum there was A guy that posted some link to a piece of software that should be able to do it. The problem with the Mavic is that things beyond 30 fps is useless there are several threads on that also.

Sorry for the lame answer hope you find the threads here. Otherwise try google I just did and got some links to solutions.

good luck
2017-4-19
Use props
Flybee
Captain
Germany

NightAngel79 Posted at 2017-4-19 05:31

Ok, you can do the change of speed in post. And if you search here in the forum there was A guy that posted some link to a piece of software that should be able to do it. The problem with the Mavic is that things beyond 30 fps is useless there are several threads on that also.

Sorry for the lame answer hope you find the threads here. Otherwise try google I just did and got some links to solutions.

good luck
2017-4-19
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Not sure if handbrake will do this. Haven't used that in years but it was nice remember.
2017-4-19
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

VLC will do it: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
2017-4-19
Use props
NightAngel79
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-19 10:39
VLC will do it: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Really? I opened one of the videos in VLC but obviously didn't poke around long enough. Maybe it wasn't obvious how much to speed it up... not sure...

I have been playing around with Go Pro Studio, which isn't bad.
2017-4-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

NightAngel79 Posted at 2017-4-20 05:18
Really? I opened one of the videos in VLC but obviously didn't poke around long enough. Maybe it wasn't obvious how much to speed it up... not sure...

I have been playing around with Go Pro Studio, which isn't bad.

It's under VLC's Playback menu. I'm not sure you can export at a different speed, though.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules